Main Menu

spells linked together

Started by phatman, April 26, 2008, 01:06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inphared

Fightclubx

Inphared, your teeth, and nails, or obvoiusly not sharp enough sir.

plz dont quit your day job.

<------ retired from EQ, cus getting anything done is like watching lead paint dry in a swamp.

fero sucks?? yea thanks for the l33t infoz. linking fero was an ultimate power trip move. why nerf an already useless spell??

thanks for letting us know fero sucks btw, none of us had a clue.

others better then you have tried to get fero revamped, and have allready quit the game since. If you manage to get it done though i'll start playing again, scouts honor.

Inphared

My PMs to Prathun concern nukes. I don't even talk about revamping Ferocity. There's little that can be done to save the line other than adding some form of mod2's/3's, or something over the cap.

I only repeated the fact that Ferocity sucks because the OP seemed to display that he thought that was the icing on the cake with the spell nerf. It wasn't.

Khauruk

Fero linking might be in preparation for something decent next expansion.  Probably not, but mebbe /shrug.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Fightclubx

nukes are just icing on the cake for us, with an already large arsenal of different ways to add more dps to our game. Fero is one of the few things (very few) that we have and no one else does. *cough* well ok there are several other ways to add attack stat through buffs. Fero is supposed to be our "raid utility"...

alot of classes have nukes, but only we have fero. As a community you should be pushing for a rework of Fero asap. If they are planning on doing something about it in the future, a simple word or 2 yesterday would have helped quell a population rising in anger today.

this lack of communication between dev's and the public in the right area's is a serious problem that correspondants were supposed to fix. we see how well that went. wtf is Zatozia doin anyway?

After the patch linking the nukes I was of course upset, but in reality the nerf didnt affect my dps to badly, so whatever. I waited and waited on some word that fero was gonna be changed... and saw nothing. That was the snowflake that caused my avalanche.

phatman

OK it seems that we have gotten off on the wrong foot.. This is an FYI to those of you that do not know me yet. I am new to using this site. I am not a NOOB to raiding or playing my class as a bst, I am in the top 5 on the TUNARE server as well as being in the top guild TALISMAN on TUNARE... AS far as my original post about linked spells,my comment on fero was being used as an example of the brainless move on SOE part in linking our spells. To add to this is the brainless moves of players trying to trash upon another player insted of banding together and at least making an attempt to change the brainless moves that do effect our usefullness in raids as well as in group standings.

Inphared

If you think I'm not trying to get anything changed, you're completely and entirely wrong. Unfortunately for you, you are not the first person to come here and suddenly realize everything that is wrong about our class. These issues have been here ever since they started, and with no active spell developer or leadership program there's really not much of anything anyone can do. I'm not saying I don't want to, but even if we were knocking on Prathun's door, I bet he'd ignore us.

Khauruk

If the devs are linking Fero as a *possible* precursor to making Fero worthwhile, I think that's more useful than being unable to keep fero on as many people currently.  And the linking hasn't affected our usefullness in raids or groups - haven't been asked for Fero except by one rogue for a couple years.  Educate yourself and them as to it's lack of utility, sir.

Less caps lock makes you look less of a whatever you want to call it as well.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Obsessedwith

Quote from: Inphared on April 26, 2008, 06:45:13 AM
Quote from: Obsessedwith on April 26, 2008, 05:59:19 AMAnyway linking spells that have never been linked in the history of the class is retarded to say the least.

You're right, those poison nukes have had such a history that linking them was a total blind move and shouldn't have been done for any reason at all.

Quote from: Obsessedwith on April 26, 2008, 05:59:19 AM
The attitude of "oh well it could have been worse" is what is killing the class and in some aspects the game.  If you like your class and the game you should fight every negative, non-logical move made, but oh ya i forgot fero sucks so lets us be blindly nerfed.

I've been fighting tooth and nail to get Prathun to man up to even type a reply to a private message. Unless you have a better suggestion short of starting a "my class is broken" thread on the EQLive boards, don't come in here acting like you're the supreme advocate for the class.

and i suppose your the only one that has?  Don't come here with your check box bs when you have no clue as to what anyone else has done.  All i was saying is the more you accept failure the more you expect it.  Obviously you know a great deal more than me about this.

Quote from: Obsessedwith on April 26, 2008, 05:59:19 AM
If you like your class and the game you should fight every negative, non-logical move made, but oh ya i forgot fero sucks so lets us be blindly nerfed.

Please point to me in that sentence where i said poison nuke......  as a matter of fact point to me in my entire post where i even mention poison nukes.  Before you flame someone you might wanna make sure you are flaming about the correct subject.

Inphared

"The history of the class" <-- That includes any and all forms of anything that existed under our class, unless history is defined differently in some dictionary I'm not reading.

Strike one!

Did I say you weren't fighting? I didn't.

Strike two!

"If you like your class and the game you should fight every negative, non-logical move made, but oh ya i forgot fero sucks so lets us be blindly nerfed." <-- This is you implying I wasn't.

"Unless you have a better suggestion short of starting a "my class is broken" thread on the EQLive boards, don't come in here acting like you're the supreme advocate for the class." <-- This is me calling you out on saying I was just letting it happen.

Strike three!

You're out. Thanks for playing.

Jebasiz

Anyone have a suggestion for ferocity?  Not another gay argument..but something actually constructive?

hokarz

Quote from: Jebasiz on April 28, 2008, 10:22:24 PM
Anyone have a suggestion for ferocity?  Not another gay argument..but something actually constructive?

actually, we have, but the devs have turned a deaf ear to all our suggestions. We wanted to add a damage mod to it that stacked with shaman damage mods, and endurance regen component are two off the top of my head. Instead, the devs response was to raise the AC on mobs, so more attack is wanted. That just nerfed every melee and it eventually was never implemented. Fero in it's present form is too mana intensive for the benefit and inconvenience it causes. To quote "Fero sucks!"
Savage Lord Hokarz

Inphared

Spend maybe 10 minutes and go trolling through the old Correspondent thread, Jebasiz. There have been suggestion for Mod2's, an extreme boost in attack to make the low returns add up quickly, overhaste, Mod3's are a good suggestion, adding dodge/ferocity mods, etc. You name it and it's probably been thrown out there, but nothing has been taken seriously about it so it's just stagnated.

Obsessedwith

Quote from: Inphared on April 27, 2008, 11:57:35 PM
"The history of the class" <-- That includes any and all forms of anything that existed under our class, unless history is defined differently in some dictionary I'm not reading.

Strike one!

Did I say you weren't fighting? I didn't.

Strike two!

"If you like your class and the game you should fight every negative, non-logical move made, but oh ya i forgot fero sucks so lets us be blindly nerfed." <-- This is you implying I wasn't.

"Unless you have a better suggestion short of starting a "my class is broken" thread on the EQLive boards, don't come in here acting like you're the supreme advocate for the class." <-- This is me calling you out on saying I was just letting it happen.

Strike three!

You're out. Thanks for playing.

Yea thats right twist it anyway you feel fits your argument, the thread was about fero, my statement was about fero get over it and yourself for that matter.  Your taking an aweful defensive stance on this thread, i never called you out unless you're the only one in the dev's ear.  I know for a fact you're not.  Fero may suck to you ubers and elites but to the common joe like myself it is worth it to cast it before a fight, it adds dps and thats all good in my book.

Obsessedwith

alright now that i re-read the damn title of the thread i can see where you would think that, my bad.  I was talking about fero though and not the linking of the poison spells but the same could also be applied to the cold nukes, and actually yes poison nukes too since when it went live it was not linked so i guess my statement still stands, in the history of the class these spells had never been linked.