Main Menu

spells linked together

Started by phatman, April 26, 2008, 01:06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grbage

Quote from: Jebasiz on May 01, 2008, 12:46:46 PM
I need lengthy and actual parses of before and after the spells got linked.  Send me a tell, 7pm est sun-fri if you have them. 

Also please clarify the shrink/wurine bug.  I had a friend click off wurine shrink and such several times this morning and there was no loss of shrink.

Somebody did a quick calculation of lost dps from linking the cold nukes and it was ~100dps. Not a huge loss when considering the % of overall dps but still a hit. Plus, in short fights chaining all the nukes we could was the only way to dump our mana on a mob. Now bst are going to be sitting there twiddling their thumbs waiting for everyone else to med back to full mana before pulls resume.

Where it really hits us is in ranged fights. Our range dps isn't that hot to begin with so this is a big hit when considering overall % loss. Chaining all of our cold nukes was the only way to even reach OK dps on these fights.

What really sticks in my craw over this is the reason the spells have a 30 second recast timer on them was to balance out their use. So they decided to take a spell that was already balanced around the recast timer and linked it up to "balance" it.

Most of us understand linking the poison nukes but don't like it. The other linking they did besides nukes was just plain stupid and a waste of dev time but of almost no impact to anyone but a rare few.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Inphared

"Somebody" was me, and that was assuming you had full focus effect checks. It only included one poison nuke, and was without a bard, mana recursion, or any of the other goodies. The loss is greater, but not by much.

Here's my math post.

Jebasiz

I can't argue his data without some of 'my own'.  I guess it doesn't matter much since he already said no, but a little post with nothing to back up the loss of mana resurgence, arcane aria along with dps lost from the actual spells themselves being tied is like going into a knife fight with your hands tied behind your back. 

Just an FYI, I sent prathun 30 logs from all types of game play and all levels of content from anguish to TSS(parsed with group make up, target's resists and a complete breakdown of crit aa/foci etc and where those necros who sent me those logs parsed in relation to rogues, wizards, zerkers, rangers and monks) to get necros tss dots retuned.  I know he didn't read it all..hell i wouldn't in his poisition...but at least he couldn't say i didn't know what i was talking about or was asking for something that we didn't need.  I was hoping for 3-4 to get improved and he upped every single one of them.  If you're willing to do the work, he can be reasonable. 
Spamming him without actual facts(math based or no) has never really accomplished much..Sometimes you can antagonize him into making changes by calling him names..but then he'll ignore you for 4-5 months afterwards(see, me for example in TBS beta).  Pick your battles IMO.

Grbage

Unfortunatly all our parse nuts and number crunchers have left the game and no one has stepped up to fill their shoes. I think Wycca and Nedrom have done more bst parses in the last two years then any bst has.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Inphared

It's not that the parse crunchers have left. I'd be happy to. But I don't have a reliable form of testing to go to. Testcopy doesn't work except for approved people.

Jebasiz

OK, no updates as of yet..but your swarm pet, healing inadequacies, paragon scaling, and umm..something else got passed on.  I hesitate to mention melee upgrades because I'm simply not well versed enough to discuss that with developers.  If i think of the 'something else' I brought up, I'll let you know.  I want to say fero..but it could of been peerless penchant.

Grbage

Thanks Jebasiz, we appreciate it. I wouldn't push for melee upgrades, we've got quite a few the last couple of expansions and that side is doing quite well IMO.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

TabarQuell

Another 25 points to our new double attack and triple attack skills would do just fine for melee upgrades (and keep the progression on them constant)

It's nice to hear someone at least passing on our information.

I've been toying with the idea of applying to be a CL for beasts, but i don't think i'm well known enough to be effective at it, heh.
Steamslayer Tabar Amastacia
Quellious Server
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/700199

Jebasiz

Lmao tabar..careful what you wish for..i had more PM's then most of the devs this week ><.  Generally they've been selecting people that are more active in their communities, but you never know!

TabarQuell

hehe, it's because you've got two classes looking to you to represent them at the moment  :-D
Quellious Server

Maylian

Quote from: Jebasiz on May 07, 2008, 05:25:17 PM
OK, no updates as of yet..but your swarm pet, healing inadequacies, paragon scaling, and umm..something else got passed on.  I hesitate to mention melee upgrades because I'm simply not well versed enough to discuss that with developers.  If i think of the 'something else' I brought up, I'll let you know.  I want to say fero..but it could of been peerless penchant.

That sounds like l337 sauce. Nice to know we have a route to the devs for our concerns even if its only an interim measure. I just hope that they look into these and actually communicate back with us, I think most veteran EQ players get fed up because SoE "communication" historically has been 1 way traffic. Thanks Jeb and seen some nice 8k parses for necro's now so good job on dots, maybe ours will get updated :D

gregais

So, I've been thinking about this.  When the new expansion comes out, it will be our 3rd poison     

nuke. Would it be too much to let us do with our poison nukes like they are doing with our

cold nukes? I would love to be able to mem 4 nukes again. Plus, I don't really think this is asking

a lot.  What do ya'll think?

Inphared

Grbage

After just linking them so we can have 1 poison and 2 cold there is no way they will allow us to cast 2 poison.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

TabarQuell

Prathun seem set on his 'spell lines' idea.  So it doesn't look like anything is going to be unlinked.  Let's just hope  other spell lines aren't noticed and nerf'd.
Quellious Server