Main Menu

spells linked together

Started by phatman, April 26, 2008, 01:06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kanan

/chuckle.. not that we have many left to link.  Guess he could link SE line.. but who actually casts multiple versions?  Only time I've ever done it was when I was buffing a much lower level toon and was trying to find the version that would stick to em.

If they linked IoS to the focus buffs, I'd be annoyed, cuz I'd have to wait another 10 secs or so to finish buffing the pet.  I could honestly see the true pet runes being linked (kk.. lets hope these get missed then), as long as the Spellbreaker's line is not linked to it.  Other'n dots, there's little else to link.

If he wanted to piss off the entirety of the shm/bst/necro world and make em all leave the game in total disgust, he could look at linking the dots, which he hasn't fully done yet... but I think it wouldn't pass review, since for us, they are such a relatively insignificant portion of dps and usefullness.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

TabarQuell

There are a few lines that if linked (why are we even mentioning this?  :-P) could hamper our gameplay.

Poison Dots
Disease Dots
Pet heals (including Promised)
Pet Runes
Slows (including jaws)
Steamslayer Tabar Amastacia
Quellious Server
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/700199

Kanan

Quote from: TabarQuell on May 12, 2008, 07:04:30 PM
There are a few lines that if linked (why are we even mentioning this?  :-P) could hamper our gameplay.

Slows (including jaws)

Not that I've mem'd revenge since I got legacy, but aren't they already linked?  And I still couldn't care less about lockfang.  Didn't buy the rk1.. only tried casting rk2 like once.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

TabarQuell

Nope, Revenge and Legacy are still unlinked, and i'd think it'd be preferable to keep it that way... so hush hush  :wink:
Quellious Server

Wolfcaller

I'd like to know what's so magical about letting us have 2 ice nukes up at once?  Seems like letting us have 3 would be a good compromise in the linked v. unlinked debate.

I'd be satisfied with 1 poison and 3 cold nukes being useable, personally.  And that would still be less than what we have had for the last 10 years, during which time there was no linking of cold nukes whatsoever.

Inphared

IRC chat confirmed yesterday that Prathun has no intention of releasing the timer.

[19:06] <MMORPGBot> inphared asks, "Prathun: What is your reasoning behind linking several spell cast timers, more namely the Beastlord Cold nukes?"
[19:07] <EQ> Spells with long reuse timers and short cast times are balanced around the player only being able to use the spell intermittently.
[19:08] <EQ> We want upgrades to these kinds of spells to replace their predecessors, not supplement them.

Hzath

Then I see it fair to ask for 2 cold nukes every expansion(Like GoD and OoW), since they are upgrades.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

TabarQuell

Actually, we can load three ice nukes at once... Blizzard Blast was not linked to any other nukes... but like... 4.0 seconds for a 300 nuke? hah!

although, since they're going on a two nuke set... i'd like see two new ice nukes in november, one at Bite power, other at normal power.
Quellious Server

Grbage

Quote from: Hzath on May 14, 2008, 10:58:43 PM
Then I see it fair to ask for 2 cold nukes every expansion(Like GoD and OoW), since they are upgrades.

There we go, that's a good suggestion to push for with the linking.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Praxxis

I never really understood the huge disappointment to linking the ice based nukes together.  Jagged Torrent & Bite of the Borrower are not linked together.  Using those 2 nukes incombination with Bark at the Moon, Harrow, & Feral Swipe.  It all works quite nicely.

Parsing wise, I did a parse last night while on Levithan raid.  I'm wielding CoA 1HB & epic 2.0.  My dps + pets was 1523.

Maybe, I'm missing something though that has the Bst community riled up.  If so, please let me know :)

Denti

The more nukes you can use the more dps, thats a given. However more nukes means you get double that amount in real nukes in any kind of dps based raid setup where beastlords either get mana resurgence or the chanter aura with the same effect. With the added mini nuke to Howl we get 4 triggers for MR now, before the linking i usually had 6 nukes memmed and therefore 7 triggers for MR in a usual raid setting.

Inphared

Quote from: Praxxis on May 15, 2008, 07:18:19 PM
Maybe, I'm missing something though that has the Bst community riled up.  If so, please let me know :)

It's the fact that our cold nukes have never been limited to two, and the change that Prathun made came completely from left field. The DPS loss may not be too great from just looking strictly at the nukes, but the added bonuses it can give make it more of a blow than anyone wants it to be.