Main Menu

so who will take care of us now? (new Community leader grp)

Started by Jazzera, April 29, 2008, 02:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jazzera

Zatozia wrote :
QuoteGreetings,

At the beginning of the year, I mentioned that changes would be happening with the correspondent program. The changes are close on the horizon.

The existing correspondent program and the current community leader group (from previous summits) will be phased out.  Instead, I will be implementing a new EQ Community Leader Group. The new group will include some of the individuals from the previous groups but not everyone.  Others who may not belong to either group will also be invited to join it. We will eventually end up with multiple representatives for each class/area. This group will continue to grow as needed.

The EQ Community Leader group has similarities of its predecessors but will take the community/development communication process up to new levels.  With this new group, individuals selected to take part will represent the community while communicating to the EQ Development and Community teams.  They will not only represent a class but they will be able to offer feedback on other classes as well and other topics.  In turn, we will be able to share ideas and changes planned for the future before the reach the "larger scale", "in process" stage or "announced" stages.

In addition, the EQ Community Leaders will collect feedback from the various areas of the forums in additional to external sites and share that feedback with us. So, expect to see new faces asking you for your feedback soon!

As we form this program, I will be continuously monitoring it to make adjustments as needed.

Thank you!

Do we have any bst in this programm? Inph maybe? if yes would be nice to know him

If not, is there anyone in this programm who is reading this forum regurlary? If yes, it would be nice to post here and introduce yourself plz then we will be able to welcome you !

Inphared

As far as I know, there is no Beastlord that has been invited to the program yet. I've asked Zatozia about it a few times, but have gotten no response. She's not required to give one though, so it's their call.

Khauruk

Jabasiz is in the community leader group, and has started poking his head around here (former necro CC).  But, this c. leader concept isn't necessarily class-based, simply knowledgeable people (or people w/ known bias) that the devs are somewhat familiar/comfortable with.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Jazzera

To be honest im mainly looking for someone who will be able to send our feedbacks asap

Did u saw the AAs they did?
Feral Swipe only 10% (from 400 to 440skill attack) upgrade while it was 33% (from 300 to 400) with SoF ,
Paragon/Fparagon 7,5% upgrade (only 144mana more lol)

and would be nice to try to get a group dps aa better than Spirit Frenzy if we wait beta for that, they wont be able to add code to make something really new

I know those arent final yet but why should we wait to send feebacks about ridiculous things like that, we got a really nice dps boost with SoF, it would be very sad to loose all this with next expansion and fall down to warrior dps again :-P

Inphared

The fact that the next expansion is well over 6 months away easily negates any argument you can post against a developer about how it's going to turn out. They may have other abiliites that will increase the power of the ability, or type 3 augments that give it a bonus... any number of things.

While it's not too early, throwing up a storm now won't cause much of anything to change. Once beta hits, and everything is put out in front of us, that's when the real work begins.

Jazzera

well would be nice to give feedback about SoF BP clickys/focus too :p

clicky : same since TSS now, and it was already crap when we got it the 1rst time

focus : is not so bad (mana pres on HatM) but not considering what mage got (extended duration on Rancorous Servant), why we didnt got the same?

Khauruk

Quote from: Jazzera on April 29, 2008, 03:22:26 AM
I know those arent final yet but why should we wait to send feebacks about ridiculous things like that

You answered your own question right there.  Many of our problems have been solved in beta over the past few betas - last one was Rytan fixing our pets greatly.  Feral Swipe in previous, etc, etc, etc,....

It would be nice to get a top-10 list type-project going again, though I think I'd have a hard time finding 10 real serious complaints about our class right now (at least 10 that aren't remedied at least in part by the goodies on Kumbaja's spell/AA parser).

Best feedback is still directly to the devs, even if they don't seem to listen.  Sad, but true.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Jebasiz

Quote from: Khauruk on April 29, 2008, 03:15:20 AM
Jabasiz is in the community leader group, and has started poking his head around here (former necro CC).  But, this c. leader concept isn't necessarily class-based, simply knowledgeable people (or people w/ known bias) that the devs are somewhat familiar/comfortable with.

You can PM me if you'd like(I don't have time to read every thread here and for necros).  I do have a level 79 bst with around 600aa..so I'm not completely clueless about your issues.  I'm just not active on your boards because there's been other people fullfilling that role in the past and didn't want to step on any toes.  Let me know if there's anything you want passed along and I'll see that rytan/zajeer/merloc/maddoc/nodyin see it(whoever is most appropriate). 

Once a beast CL(or a CL who happens to play a beastlord main toon) is appointed, please go through them.

Jebasiz

Just an FYI, there's a post about spell-linking, peerless penchant and it's haste recourse and ferocity on the Community leader board.  It's actively used by several devs and coders.  Unfortunetly, it's also covered by an NDA..I'll try to keep you informed of any news..and will probably be asking for more suggestions on fixes later.  Most likely in this thread.

Icekracker

Thanks for keeping us up to speed Jebasiz. We look forward to any news you can procure for us. :D
Icekracker - 80 Beastlord of Bertoxxulous

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1378435

Jebasiz

I linked them to your may 8th 2008 top 10 list thread as well..Please keep it civil.

Jazzera

welcome Jeb and ty for the job you are doing and are going to do for us  :wink:

Grbage

Thanks for covering for us Jebasiz. So many bst have given up or gotten bitter that we really don't have a leader anymore. It would be nice if someone who played a bst as main got nominated to the board but don't have a clue myself who that should be.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Sharrien

Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Inphared

Jebasiz:

If possible, could you ask their current status in looking for community leaders? I know the current members have been elected based on past experiences and known biases, and all of that mess, but what about any newcomers they want to add? What do they look for? Are they going to just open up nominations to the EQ Community, or are they just looking for people with a post count greater than 5000?  :-P

Also, thanks for the help. =)