Main Menu

Top 10 list, May '08

Started by Khauruk, April 29, 2008, 02:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khauruk

I'd like to start compiling a new top-10 list, but due to my limited range in the game lately, I'm "out of it" on many areas.  Please comment down below, and I'll modify as it goes.

In no particular order
(to be fleshed out later)
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Selronis

Remove the group haste recourse from peerless penchant and just give us group haste as a seperate spell.  It was a good idea for grouping, but it is annoying during raids.

Having to mem shrink and reshrink 2x every 30 minutes when i recast pact of the wurine is annoying also.  Don't know if there is a direct fix for this.  Maybe a instant self only shrink AA?  Targetable shrink AA would be awesome though, and not gamebreaking by any means... one for our pet also.

Selronis

Oh yeah, and increase our tankability...I feel  it went downhill in SoF frrom personnal experience although I have no empirical data to support it.

And make 2hb a more viable option to use for bsts.

*Edit*

my top 10 list
1. better tankability
2. a better de-agro ability, or improve roar of thunder
3. remove recourse from peerless penchant, give us a seperate grp haste
4. extend the cripple line to bsts, I think our last was incapacitate at lvl 56
5. add Mod to Fero to make it more useful, like crit chance, double attk
6. AA shrinks(self/pet/targetable)
7. AA invis
8. improve 2HB as a weapon option(dps drastically drops switching from 2 1Handers)

shoots for the moon hereafter---->

9.    AA slow(or maybe a new slow with a slightly better resist check?)
9.5. A low level resist debuff from the Shaman line.
10.  tracking.. i have always thought bst's should have an innate track ability as a class ever since   Luclin was released.  Animals are master trackers.

Shieara

Another thing about werewolf form is that it would be nice if, when a player dies, their name hovers better over the corpse.  Makes corpse dragging easier since the name tends to hide in the floor.

Taste of Blood...still sucks so lets remove it or make it do something. 

Group haste.  Is anyone really satisfied with it?

Jebasiz

This is forwarded to the community leader forum(the link to your 10 ten list).  Please keep discussion civil, concise and on topic.  Kthx.

Vidyne

I use group haste when I'm the only haster for a group, simply for conveinance.  Hastes fade more easily with it, cause its so short, and its a little more of a load to keep up with it.  Making the group haste recourse last longer would certainly go towards helping that.

It is certainly "viable" in its current form, but could use some work to be useful.

hokarz

I wouldn't say it's viable. I blocked the recourse so it wouldn't overwrite my haste from my clicky tunic. I usually two-box with my shammy and and his haste is better anyway. on raids, it takes up a buff slot since it stacks with chanter haste and the recourse lands on everyone in the group, even the monk pulling. It takes up a buff slot. It's a bad spell, poorly designed and implemented.
Savage Lord Hokarz

Spiritclaw

Quote from: hokarz on April 29, 2008, 08:04:10 PM
I wouldn't say it's viable. I blocked the recourse so it wouldn't overwrite my haste from my clicky tunic. I usually two-box with my shammy and and his haste is better anyway. on raids, it takes up a buff slot since it stacks with chanter haste and the recourse lands on everyone in the group, even the monk pulling. It takes up a buff slot. It's a bad spell, poorly designed and implemented.

But to counter that it stacks with chanter haste, every other haste does as well.  I would be happy if 1 of 2 things happened

1)  It has a longer duration (30 minutes minimum, hour preferred so we can cast when pet haste wears off)
2)  It is a separate spell so that we aren't casting pet haste every 15 minutes while the proc lasts for an hour
Spiritclaw Sadiablo
80 Beastlord
AB Server

Vidyne

Quote from: hokarz on April 29, 2008, 08:04:10 PM

/shrugs,  if I don't have to play shaman(ie, there is a shaman or enchanter in the group/raid,  I just use unparalleled voracity.  Penchant never gets memmed unless we have alot of melees and i'm the only haster.  Yes I think it's a bad spell, but I'm trying to give it some sunshine :)

Code it to be a 49% haste so it never lands :)  .... as every other haste is superior.  It is at the end of the line virtually all hastes. 
I don't have the tunic, I'm not memming celerity when there are alot of melee, and it does save on potions.  It is a joke of a spell at it's duration, but yes I use it in groups without chanters/shamans.

It's as situational as steeltrap jaws.
It is not my #1 method of getting haste, nor is steeltrap my #1 way of slowing.  There has to be certain conditions for me to ever memorize penchant to haste my warder.  95% of the time he gets voracity.

By viable, i merely meant you could make a case for it to work in 5% of the EQ content and situations.
:)

Orbus

Ok, lets see...
(in no particular order
1 - Ferocity - I use this to max resists on certain fights, would be nice if it did more. At least add corruption to the list of resists it affects.
2 - Unlock our Ice Spells
3 - I would like to see our Protective Disc last for more than 12 seconds
4 - Group Haste - Make the haste portion on Peerless the same timer as the pet portion.
5 - Fixed Invis.
6 - Pact of the Wurine - Would be nice if this didn't erase shrink everytime it was cast.
7 - Howl/Bark at the Moon - Decrease the werewolf size, or at least make it the same as I am if I am shrunk. Its a pain in the butt when I cast it and can't see the mob I am attacking since my pet is too big.
8 - New pet models would be nice..or a selection of types and colors(I would love to have a spider from Everfrost :-)). I mean really, I can choose my eye color when I set up a new toon.
9 - New cripple line would be nice. Level 56 is really weak.
10 - Ok, will try to be "polite" can we move our warders when they get summoned? I swear everytime I spawn him someone sends me a tell asking about "How does my warder like lovin from behind"

Selronis

TY Orbus for re-railing.

An improved defensive disc, thats a good idea. 

Kakan

1 - Unlink fero or make it useful somehow beyond just resists. i.e. triple attack, mod 2's or something.

2 - Make roar of thunder do what it is supposed to do because it doesn't work.(its just another clicky for a free nuke now imo)

3 - A new defensive disc or make the one we have last longer. (see above for a reason why)

4 - Unlink the ice nukes, poison ones I could see why but why change the ice ones now when they were always unlinked beore is beyond reasoning. (Why is the vish clicky neck linked with the rest of the ice nukes? come on now really)

5 - Make the peerless recourse last as long as the pet haste does, or just give us a group haste and quit wasting our time and money to have to buy haste potions.

6 - A set duration invis, all other casters except clerics have them(not talking about IVU spell).

7 - Make the pact of wurine stay small when we have to cast it every 30min. or give us the option like a shaman who can use illusion with theirs.

8 - Make our dots worthwhile, even with max crit aa's they blow.

9 - A new cripple line type of spell.

10 - I like the Tracking idea, if a beastlord is supposed to be one with the animals why cant we track?

Icekracker

My List:

(In order of importance. Couldn't contain it to just 10  8-) )

1. Ferocity  -  mod 2/3's, make it more mana efficient, etc. Multiple options to fix this. Basically needs more utility for group and raid settings.

2. Peerless Penchant  -  Upgrade haste duration or get rid of it. While a few Beastlords do use it for its effect, most have the recourse blocked.

3. Unlock Ice Spells  -  Need more information to justify why they were locked in the first place.

4. Pact of the Wruine  -  Allow us to take off the illusion, but keep benefits. Or at least increase duration of the buff.

5. Deaggro  -  Increase hate reduction from Roar of Thunder.

6. Slow  -  Less resisted, but much shorter duration would be perfect for group settings and maybe even allow us to pre-slow raid mobs. Percentage of slow would also be less than Shamans/Enchanters.

7. Pets  -  Maintain the progress we have had on them. SoF gave them just the boost they needed, but don't want to forget about them for the next expansion.

8. Damage Over Time Spells  -  Very few instances where they are useful.

9. Fixed Invis  -  We have dealt with this for years. It would be nice to have a self invis finally. Granted, it is not an absolute need though.

10. Defensive Discipline  -  An upgrade to Protective Spirit would benefit us all around, especially if the hate reduction to Roar of Thunder is not increased. Possibly needs a longer duration.

11. Pet Models  -  I personally enjoy my white wolf, but many others dislike the look of their warders. Warders such as the Ogre's bear not only look outdated, but are an annoyance to other classes as well.

*EDIT: Made it easier to read.*
Icekracker - 80 Beastlord of Bertoxxulous

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1378435

Jazzera

1 - Ferocity : unlink and make it usefull plz

2 - Pact of the Wurine : longer duration and allow us to stack another illu on it (main issue is with Bestial Alignment illu)

3 - Deaggro

4 - Unlink our DDs, poison and cold

5 - Peerless Penchant should last longer

6 - There is a bug, when you have been charmed and once you get the control of yourself back, you loose the control of your pet : he doesnt respond to any order any more, we have to suspend/summon him to fix it

7 - BP clickys (TSS, Solt, SoF) : could we have something usefull on SoF BP instead of this crap dot proc again? why not the def disc that everyone one is asking for above

8 - Bulwark of Tri'Qaras : you made it working as intended since last patch thats cool, now could it cost less mana plz? 750m thats 50% more than Dragonscale Guard, it should be about the same mana cost to be usefull

9 - Could we have a way to self cure Malo plz? worst issue in solo is when you cant go in ooc regen because of malo

10-Taste of Blood : make something usefull plz

Hzath

Someone should mention steeltrap/lockfang.  Give us messages when it lands/gets resisted/wears off. 
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.