Main Menu

Top 10 list, May '08

Started by Khauruk, April 29, 2008, 02:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sikkem

Agree with just about everything above.

I would like an Attk debuff added to a new spell in our incapacitate line, I would also like this to stack with both shamans and druids debuffs. If that is to much, Gellid Claw as a spell would be nice. This would give us more utility on raids.

I would also like the Growl line not to have to target the warder to be cast, in fact I would like it to be able to be used even if our warder is dead.

Fero, seeing as the devs have said it is to hard to make this spell line useful can we just stop getting upgrades to it?

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

hokarz

an upgrade to incapacitate that falls short of the best shaman and 'chanter cripple, but with a -30 magic resist. It would give us some utility in groups and when solo'ing, but wouldn't take the main debuffing job away from those two classes. If it stacked with cripple line, that would be even better.
Savage Lord Hokarz

Selronis

Spell problems:
- Incapacitate - Our last upgrade to this line was at level 56, can we please see an upgrade to at least cripple.
- Peerless Penchant - The recourse is rather annoying to raids as it takes up an uneccessary buff slot since it provides no added benefit to the shm/chanter hastes.  Would it be possible to make the recourse beneficial to raids, i.e. add something that stacks with chanter haste.  Or just remove the recourse, and give us a group haste as a seperate spell
- Ferocity - Usefulness of this spell has been on the decline for a couple of expansions now.  Add Mod's and make a group version to make it usefull for raids/groups.
- Debuff - Since our parent class is a shaman can we get a low level resist debuff from the shaman line, or a debuff that stacks with the druid/shaman lines to increase our desire in groups/raids.  The Gelid Claw proc from the BST only anguish weapon as a spell was a good example.

AA's:
- Pact of the Wurine - First off, I love this AA.  It's the constant reshrinking that is cumbersome.  Can you consider giving us shrink AA's.  Self only would solve the issue of having to swap out spells/cast/wait for refresh/cast again/swap back in old spell.  A targetable shrink wouldn't be gamebreaking either, one for pets too.
- Self Invis - not really an issue, but since all other invis casting classes have an invis AA, it would be very nice to have one also.
- Two-Handers - I love to have an option to use 2HB in certain situations without sacrificing the huge DPS loss from using two 1-handers.  Some 2HB AA's could remedy this for us.
- Roar of Thunder - Good Idea, but has turned into a bonus attack with a long recast.  I don't know if retuning this AA is an option or possibly giving us a different AA on a seperate timer to help reduce agro.  An deagro AA that refreshes about every 60-90 seconds would be very heplful in group situations(as well as raid) especially if the Bst is the designated slower.
- AA slow  Am I dreaming? 
- Tracking  I have always thought bst's should have an innate track ability as a class ever since   Luclin was released.  Animals are master trackers.  Possibly give us track with a cap of 50ish?
- Taste of Blood This AA needs retuning, it's slightly above innate charisma on my AA priority list, and only barely after I consider how much plat this could possibly save me on Summoning Stones after I die.

Melee:
- Our ability to tank mobs in SoF has noticibly decreased.
- Our only defensive disc only lasts 12 seconds and hasnt seen an upgrade....ever?

Pindol

- Incapacitate -give us a new one and make it original by adding decrease accuracy component to it
- Levitate - no more bat wings please
- Ferocity - pretty much what everyone is saying. We need a designer who can actually spend some quality time upgrading this line.
- Peerless Penchant - remove haste and put new version of our Frenzy of Spirit there
- Haste - It's about time we get at least Talisman of Celerity type of spell from shaman line
- Defensive disc - needs an upgrade or give us 12 sec 100% reposte disc and be sure those two are on a different timer
- Invisibility - Self, fixed and AA based
- Debuff - we really need a line which removes malo crap. There are zones when all mobs cast malo all the time. Fast regen resting state was a great idea so keep it that way please.
- DoTs - make them more useful by increasing damage, lowering resits or by adding something useful to them like snare or an illusion
- New ability - Bestial Punch - causes your target to FD/drop down for rew sec...hehe, that would be awesome

Jebasiz

Quote from: Inphared on April 30, 2008, 09:15:25 PM
Incorrect. We double attack very often now, even with only a skill of 50. The Bestial Frenzy line that we get adds a percentage based double attack mod to our skill, so any skill increase we get is quite tremendous.

It's the first point in double attack that's the most significant..raising it by 15-25 wouldn't add all that much(rashere has posted as such in the past), but believe what you want.  Your AA line not withstanding..I haven't looked at it that much(my beast has like 15 aa since sof launched), but the base skill..the first point is by far the largest.

Hzath

No one will debate that the first point in double attack is the most important, I'm sure most of us remember how big of a change that was with TSS.  What I believe Inphared meant was that because of our beastial frenzy AAs each skill point in double attack adds more double attack for beastlords than it would for other classes.

Also, beastial frenzy is from like PoP, with 5more ranks from DoD so I'm not sure what your beast having 15AA since SoF launch has to do with this. (You mentioned earlier he had 600AA so he should have bought these long ago)
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Jebasiz

I'm not really sure what he has anymore..he doesn't get out much.  Anyway, cold nukes aren't getting unlinked..I got told no a few hours ago.  Sorry.

Pindol

Thanks for the info Jebasiz...now push for a REAL upgrade to the next cold nuke we get in November......no 100 hps more damage crap please. 2k base damage will satisfy me. Thanks

Jebasiz

I'm just trying to bridge a gap for you all.  A beastlord main can "push" for changes once they're appointed.

Hzath

We got an answer.  That is a step forward, at least  you didn't get ignored like my PMs.  Thanks again for doing this.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Icekracker

Did they have any reasons why they got linked in the first place?

Also, thank you to whoever fixed my account. :)
Icekracker - 80 Beastlord of Bertoxxulous

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1378435

Hzath

I suppose I should post a real reply instead of just commenting on everyone else's lists.
I tried to list them in order or importance.

Spell Problems

Ferocity-  As it has been said many times, the spell sucks.  It has sucked for a very long time.  Please do something with this spell to make it useful in some form (mod 2/3s, significant mana reduction, significant duration increase to make it more of a long term buff).  No group version please, I don't want to have a 10minute buff that costs 5k mana.

DoTs- These are very lackluster in their current form.  Since we just found out that our cold nukes aren't getting unlinked I think we should try to get these upgraded.  I think that two of the following should be done to them to make them useful.
1)Increase the damage (above the normal cut/paste upgrades) by 20-30%
2)Give them a -resist check
3)Give them a .5 second cast time so that we don't lose so much melee dps when trying to use them.

This was referring to poison dots.  I personally wouldn't mind if we stopped getting disease dots, I don't even know where I would try to find a disease focus.

Steeltrap Jaws-  As I said before I would like to see some sort of message to the player about when the spell lands/gets resisted or wears off.  I like the idea of the spell and would probably use it alot more if I wasn't clueless as to its effectiveness. 

Peerless Penchant-  Please remove the recourse from the spell entirely.  Give us a targettable group haste (50%) with the same duration and the same mana cost as peerless.  At least this way the spell gets affected by AAs and buff duration focus.  It also removes the possible issues on raids/groups when rebuffing our warders with a puller in the group (also ruining ooc which i HATE).

AA Problems

Invis - Give us a fixed duration invis.

Pact of the wurine- Please make it so that beastial alignment automatically overwrites pact when activated.  Also increase the duration of pact significantly (I would even pay extra AAs for this) so that I don't have to reshrink x2 every 35minutes when pact needs refreshed.

Roar of Thunder- Please do one of two things with this AA.
1) Greatly increase the hate dropped so that we can use this AA as I believe it was intended.
2) Decrease the duration to 30-90seconds so that we can use this as another "free" damage key.

Random

Tiny companion instant click on SoF earrings.  Such a small thing, but I love it so so so much.  Please thank Merloc.

I hate the spell linkings too, I enjoyed abusing mana resurgence as much as the rest of you.

Focused paragon rocks, please keep it that way.

I don't want a cure, unless it is self only.  I think that focused paragon+useful version of ferocity+upper-middle tier dps is where the beastlord class should be.  Giving us a cure adds another dimension for balance and it would probably be taken out of our dps.

I'm somewhat against a debuff for the same reason as cures.  However, if ferocity is unfixable than this spell could take its place for us.  A stack-with-everything type debuff would be a nice replacement utility wise for ferocity imo.

-Long winded but I think I said everything I wanted.

Grbage

Quote from: Hzath on May 02, 2008, 04:39:35 AM
II don't want a cure, unless it is self only.  I think that focused paragon+useful version of ferocity+upper-middle tier dps is where the beastlord class should be.  Giving us a cure adds another dimension for balance and it would probably be taken out of our dps.

I'm somewhat against a debuff for the same reason as cures.  However, if ferocity is unfixable than this spell could take its place for us.  A stack-with-everything type debuff would be a nice replacement utility wise for ferocity imo.
winded but I think I said everything I wanted.

You see this is exactly what I miss now about the class. We started out as a utility class that could dps too which I loved to play. Now we are just another dps class with a little utility, not so much fun for me. Mainly I believed this happened because the other utility classes had a fit so the devs stopped updating that side of us and had nothing else to give but dps.

I personally would love to see our utility returned to the class at the cost of dps. But hey, we each have our own vision of what the class should be and that's been a lot of our problem dealing with the devs. We've never been able to give a united front for the direction to take the class.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Denti

QuoteAnyway, cold nukes aren't getting unlinked..I got told no a few hours ago.  Sorry.

Was there any reason why? And why there is the need to link a spell line that exists since the beginning of the class after several years?

Khauruk

Hypothetical:
BSTs as a class are parsing very high nowadays, borderline too high.  And, apparently they think it's too long until next expansion to simply let us stagnate.  Main options to remedy that are lower utility (I'm holding on to focused perf to my last breath), lower melee skills again (harder to do mid-expansion, hell of a ruckus, but more fair imo as it will affect the high end more), or link some spells.  They chose link some spells, which is the least messy. [/hypothetical]
TURNCOAT!!!!!