Main Menu

Changes on Lucy to new spells

Started by Ukator Iceblood, January 21, 2004, 03:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ukator Iceblood

Ancient Frozen Chaos
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=4972&source=Test

Ukun stuff was changed to Turepta, and Trushar's Breath is now Trushar's Frost.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Silverak

Our nuke looks ok, tho if it's anything like previous ancient spells, I'll never see it.  What's interesting to me, is that pure melees are getting ancient discplines.  I'm looking forward to seeing how those work out.

Mahes

Well holy crap.

SOE did something intelligent.  Rather than give us a spell that won't stack on the raids required to use it, or a spell that would increase mana by an amount too marginal to make a difference to the same raid, they've up'd our DPS.

Very cool to see, though I'm thinking I'm gonna have to have 3 spell slots for nukes now.  :shock:

Urim

OMG, im gonna shit myself for a whole whopping 70 more dmg .... oh wait no im not because its lame. Give me Ancient SD plz, thx.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Murkk Dakruul

correct me if i'm wrong, but can't you have the ancient nuke and trushar's frost mem'd at the same time?. If so thats alot more than a 70dmg upgrade, plz thx.
Murkk Dakruul
Feral Lord of Agony

And the earth cracked open in a spew of ash and flame and from the smoke arose a new evil,
A new demon of the world, and it was given the name "beastlord". With burning eyes it stared
down at us and raised its hidiously disfigured claw and it.....cast MGB paragon.

Soriab

Looks like I need to pay attention to loot in VT more. I lead the raids and take tells on the loot. I let other officers deal with the spells unless we are actually in a slow spot, say like .... after Mini Aten or the Blobs......

Mahes

I'm sorry, but as someone who pushed for Ancient SD over SV from the get go...

I'd rather poke my eyes out with a spork than take SD over this nuke.

You're talking about, unfocused and with no SCF3, the potential to do about....what...2100-2200 damage in about 7-8 seconds with spell refresh and using your top three nukes.  Add in AAs and haste and cold DD focus and the number goes way up.  I don't know about you, but with Shinai/Puresteel, 245 worn attack, and raid buffs, I'm sure as hell not meleeing half that much damage in the same amount of time.

Given the nature of Ancient spells and how they're meant to be a moderate increase, this one gives us the most bang for the buck out of the three.  Instead of replacing a spell in my book, I can add one to increase my DPS in addition to my current spells.

Nuke plzkthx.  :P

TerjynPovar

See, now this is what I was talking about in that other thread...giving us an SD upgrade would be better than a SV upgrade, but still useless compared to what it appears they might give us. :)

I hope this stays this way too.
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server