Main Menu

PoN vs Nadox Hotzone Exp

Started by Gharrik, May 04, 2008, 05:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gharrik

Since I got my 62 pet, I've been soloing on and off in the plane of nightmares.  Trees, spiders, and ravens are all incredible experience per kill despite being light blue cons and by properly juggling discs and paragon I can keep an almost constant killing rate.  Plus getting smacked for 280 reminds me to work on the rest of my tanking AAs. :)

But now Nadox is a hotzone, and since the upper luggalds are dark blue undercons I figured the experience would be insane.  It makes sense.  Dark blue bonus plus hotzone bonus should mean crazy experience, right?  But even the luggald guardians and overseers are worth less experience in hotzone Nadox than trees in PoN.

Nadox is still better than Akheva, but after being spoiled on DSP and Velks hotzones I expected a little more from a zone with normal sized aggro ranges and enraging mobs.

AbyssalMage

I think its cause the Hot Zone xp + normal xp in Nardox is crap.  PoN is better cause the mobs die faster and thats basically the only reason.  If your fighting in Nardox, Undead and Altar are the best 2 camps for BST xp wise.  Only other camp that should net decent xp per hour is the room where the Pure blood drops (non-lugalds).  Buff Fluffy up with pet toys, bring your potions, and kill as fast as you can.
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Gharrik

I roamed around up in the non-luggald, non-undead area and ended up stuck behind respawns right outside Nadox's room.  Had to gate. :)

Went back to PoN to reconfirm my exp perception and I was right, 8% AA per kill without lesson, with kills taking a little less than 1.5 minutes (similar to Nadox).  Man, I really need to boost my dps.