Main Menu

BST+MAG+MAG for fighting old boss mobs and stuff?

Started by Jaah, May 08, 2008, 03:59:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaah

Hey guys.  I just got a 3rd account and am looking for a 3box to exp with, fight old boss mobs for twink loot to sell on FV (IE kunark/velious/luclin/some PoP), do some tasks/LDoN for the same reason, etc.  Do you guys think BST+2 mages would work well for this?  I figured 3x pets and BST for slow+mages for nukes towards the ends of fights might work out well.  I have a zerker on my 2nd account right now, but it'd be easy to level 2 mages simultaneously heheh.  Thanks for tips :D

Khauruk

Bst/Mag/Healer would be far more effective, unless you're looking to have the pet tank everything.  Even then, I'd probably go bst/mag/healer, as mages don't have the greatest pet heals (you'd need mage pet tanking).
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Gohmur

I play a Bst/Mag/Clr trio and it works great on old world bosses and even most of the new world stuff minus MMM, Crystallos.   The Mage CoTH pulling works great with pet hobble pulling (with pet slow proc as well) and the Cleric can keep the beast up tanking while the pets and Mage nukes destroy the mob.  If you are not tanking with the beast you will loose a fair amount of his DPS.  With Incapacitate and Flash of Light I have no problems with aggro and the mage chain nukes.

I could see a Druid being good with the Mage/Bst if the beast is geared well and has good aa's, and using the druid to nuke as well. Porting I do miss with my trio and the emergency evac but I find I can stand up better to the mobs with my cleric healer and if the odd add comes the cleric has no problems healing a pet OT as well.

TabarQuell

we batted this around a bit in the channel last night.

I still say go Beast / Wiz / Shaman.

You'll have 2 pets, Heals, Slows, Melee Buffs (Champ/Cougar), Melee DPS, fire-and-forget DPS (nukes), Ports (even to Sky and Hate), DoT Damage, Buffs...

If you're looking to hunt down some dragons or other mobile bosses, maybe switch to Bst / Mag / Druid, so you have tracking.

This setup has 2 pets, Heals, Slows, Melee DPS, Caster DPS, Pet DPS, Pet Gear, DS's, HP Buffs, Ports, DoT Damage...

If your beast is reasonably set in gear and AAs you can Heal/DS tank mobs and just AE them with the wizard or druid/Mage for fast PLing. (get a DS, Grab a bunch of mobs, sit for a bit, heal, sit for a bit, heal, have twinks AE = XP)
Steamslayer Tabar Amastacia
Quellious Server
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/700199