Previous topic - Next topic

Juksh

Juksh Tenshi
LVL 80 Arch Animist

Gummey Bare
LVL 80 Druid

Inphared

TabarQuell

speculating on what new spells are coming out doesn't really do anything at this point, as most of those 'new' spells are just copy/paste/add-10% versions of the 76-80 spells.

The 'New AAs' are also something we cannot speculate on, as we don't even know if they'll hit live ever, 'combat openings' in PoR, anyone?  :-P

Although, we can still hope and dream... can't we?
Steamslayer Tabar Amastacia
Quellious Server
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/700199

Juksh

Well I took the fact that the fixed time invis being on that list as they moved from saying hell no to they might be considering it. Which in my book is a step up.
Juksh Tenshi
LVL 80 Arch Animist

Gummey Bare
LVL 80 Druid

Khauruk

Take a look at the creation dates for the AAs.  I'd say it's more likely that we'll get some form of the newer ones.  But, nobody knows yet.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

laissez

Elder   Laissez Fairez
75 Beastlord Luclin Server

Khauruk

Group Healing role in store for us?  <New Minax's Mending> http://www.antonius-bayle.org/kumbaja/spells/spell_view.php?id=19607&history=1
Identical to a druid spell just created for this last patch as well.  I'm wondering if it was supposed to go to shaman?

Some interesting new pet procs (root, etc) and offensive techniques coded since SoF went live that have dubious utility and I frankly have no real urge for.  Mostly coded in November and not really apparently looked at since.

Spire of Savagery line of AAs that end up being a sortof mini disc - first one is 140% minimum weapon damage, second is +5% pet melee damage, third is +10% chance to hit w/ all skills and some stat boosts.  From what I understand though, the +10% chance to hit will end up being much smaller accuracy gain due to how the game forumulas work.  This line was coded in May, so more likely to go in I guess.

Timed invis (10 minute, AA), and -100atk debuff, both coded in April, so relatively likely to go in I guess.  The atk debuff would be nice to supplement our degrading slow and gimp cripple - esp. as it doesn't lose much strength in SoF+ due to higher mob attack.  I'm unsure of how it'll stack w/ druid ones though...but it looks like it will.

Swarm pet (coded in april)...whee.

Very weak upgrade to Pact of Wurine.  I'm wondering if we can get haste put onto it for us...would help something out at least.

Spells?  They look pretty lame.  We'll see what they have up their sleeves though.  I'm guessing there'll be more interaction w/ Prathun during beta...if anybody watches, he's been amazingly chatty since Rytan took the reins of power from Rashere.  We're also seeing much more communication from people I've barely heard of (Aristo, anyone?).

This next expansion may be more fun for BST than other classes I looked over.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Kanan

Why ask for haste in Wurine?

Would only be useful in soloing, since we will always have a superior haste from chanters (they won't give us one that's better than chanter haste, since chanters are best hasters)

Rest, while waaaay early, looks interesting indeed.

Mebbe Prat just hated Rash and resented him and Rytan's found what it takes to make Prat give a damn and try.  /shrug.. we'll see when beta time hits and he's gotta do spell work and tweak his raid stuff (that I still think he prefers working on, as it's more fun, than listening to us complain about how shitty a job he does on spells)
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Khauruk

Quote from: Kanan on June 04, 2008, 01:50:27 PM
Would only be useful in soloing, since we will always have a superior haste from chanters (they won't give us one that's better than chanter haste, since chanters are best hasters)

Many of us do solo/duo a lot, and I know I at least find myself as the only haster in a group very often.  It's a small thing, but it'd at least make the upgrade worth buying.  Right now it's like a 40 mana, and FT1 upgrade only..whoopdydoo.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Kanan

heh.. now that is a bit ridiculous of an upgrade... imo, should be at least 300hp/mana, mebbe 2 FT.  And that's the barest amount.

I solo a lot myself, so I understand how it would be nice to not have to click the tunic/pop a potion/(heaven forfend!) cast the spell to get haste, but it's not that much of a hassle.

Group hasting is a totally different matter
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Constaq

so with COA Mace we get 200 atk debuff! not shabby.  group hot  seems nice. guess just have to wait and see.  Am I the only bst that still carries the mace?

Gohmur

Quote from: Constaq on June 06, 2008, 05:04:37 AM
so with COA Mace we get 200 atk debuff! not shabby.  group hot  seems nice. guess just have to wait and see.  Am I the only bst that still carries the mace?

I don't think so ... it is a staple on raids for our guild's Beasts.  With audio triggers set we know when one of us gets it to land and then bandolier out to normal weapons for 1 min then repeat.  Some raids I am the only one keeping the debuf on the mob but most of our beast still carry it around everywhere.

Khauruk

I still carry it, and will do the same possibly when I'm in a raiding guild again.  For now, it's EB auged for when I need an agro weapon.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

AbyssalMage

When I was on Allah about a week ago looking for back spells, I noticed the lvl 81-85 spells where made it into the database.  Was pretty standard stuff, cut-and-paste of our level 76-80 spells.  But what got be heated was seeing yet another upgrade to Fero!

Yes, I know its still early and they have time to change things but can we start the band wagon now to change this spell?  Mabye if we start now the momentum going into Beta will be enouph to get them to listen?  Not saying they need to remove it, but at least listen to our suggestions and add something to it and make it something worth having if they insist on giving it to us. +damage % mod (doesn't stack with shammy/druid line), mod 2's, group version, extended duration, something useful!!!

I remember they said SoF was going to make +atk useful to us again.  So far what my guild has told me is that although its useful it isn't missed, and even worse, its not missed and preferred not to be casted except when a name is being pulled.

I know this is pre-Beta and probally only in the first of many changes but waiting until Beta is probally not a good idea with the way waiting worked the last few trips (counting all the way back to OoW expansion).  So lets give Sony a slight "nudge" and mabye we can get some forward thinking happening and not the copy-and-paste approach. 
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Khauruk

I agree with you Grimwar about not waiting, but this time beta will be significantly longer, I think.  And, Rytan has the whole crew super busy with stuff atm, so at best anything we're adding atm will just go onto a list of feedback that *might* be looked at (or forgotten) when beta starts.

On the plus side, there's lots of good changes happening in the game (ifyou use the EQLive board DevTracker)...enough stuff that QA has a month-long backup on projects to look at.  The test server has been semi-revitalized (more direct coder communication), and the developers in general are being much more forthcoming.  I doubt we'll get much during before beta...but, w/ Rytan (our pet saviour) running this next beta....I'm very hopeful.
TURNCOAT!!!!!