Main Menu

Paragon in next beta

Started by Sharrien, May 18, 2008, 07:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharrien

OK, I know that the spells and such for the next expansion are still in their infancy, but I noticed something about the new levels of paragon of spirits and I wanted to bring it up so that the beastlords who join the next beta can see that it is fixed.

If I am reading the info right from Lucy then the next three levels of paragon give:

Level 11: 620hp/246 mana per tic
Level 12: 640hp/252 mana per tic
Level 13: 660hp/258 mana per tic

This seems a paltry increase for each level at first glance.  Comparison to the previous increases reinforces that opinion:

Level  8: 466hp/180 mana per tic
Level  9: 533hp/210 mana per tic
Level 10: 600hp/240 mana per tic

The icreases for 11-13 should be at least on the order of 66hp/30 mana per tic to keep pace with previous expansions, but really should be higher considering the level increase so that it would come close to keeping up with the huge hp/mana pools these days.

I like I said, I know I'm early, so just keep it in the back of your mind for beta so that we're not instead trying to make changes after the expansion goes live.

Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Grbage

Ive been involved in several betas and in everyone of them we've asked for paragon to be increased to a level that means something. Each and every time that call has been ignored though focused paragon was finally added.

People have even broke it down per era for % returned of hp/mana pool from inception to today to show how it has fallen off. Basically, so long as it can be combined with MGB don't expect decent increase in power. But you can be assured that beta beast will still keeping trying.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

TabarQuell

All of the 81+ Spells / AAs on the parsers/miners are nothing more than place holders...

although the paragon numbers there are more than likely an extension of the 'old' way of scaling paragon and will be changed come beta
Steamslayer Tabar Amastacia
Quellious Server
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/700199

Sharrien

Bump...

They recently updated the SoD spells, at least the new names as seen on this site:

http://www.antonius-bayle.org/kumbaja/spells/spell_view.php?class=bst&show_aa=1&sof=1

Please, if you are in beta, urge the devs to give paragon and focused paragon increases that would actually make a dent in current mana/hp pools.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Denti

Yup, seems a bit odd, there are however quite alot more things our beta testers have to nag about, we'll see if they get anything in.