Main Menu

Chardok B / Sol C

Started by Tiggr, January 02, 2004, 04:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiggr

Having been away from EQ for a long time, these zones are completely new to me.
Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where to find information about these zones? or can anyone that hunts there regularly slap up some info, such as how to get to them, what type of mobs and loots are encountered?

thanks.

Tiggr

Ukator Iceblood

Sol C from what I've gathered is hard to solo. Mobs spawn fast, and are tight together.

Never been to Chard B.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Skanda

Chardok B is pretty easy to solo. It's been a while since I've been there though.

Most of the mobs are undead and so do not run away at low health. If I remember xp is 1-2% aaxp per kill solo. There are several named that can be found near the zone in. The zone in is near the Merchant in Chardok. Best if you are non-KOS to get there. Expect a nice gauntlet run through the middle of Chardok if you are KOS.

Kivuli

The Chardok B entrance is decent enough to solo. Mobs only hit about 200-250-ish and are slowable. They also come solo. The repop time is kinda long though so unless you have the entrance to yourself you'll be scrounging for mobs you can get solo. It's decent experience, but nothing spectacular. however, you do get good chardok faction.

Kroe

The only thing you should watch out for in Chardok B is if you spawn the semi named 'a rabid chokidai'.  These guys do mitigate slow some what and hit harder than the other general spawns.  The PH's for them can be any mob type near the entrance generally, although I have never seen any rabids spawn in the golem mob spots, or from the roaming mobs.

If you are prepared for them and get them single, they do provide some interesting things on their loot table.  This loot table is dependent on where the rabid spawns, from the area up until the castle entrance, they will generally drop either 2 types of earring or chokidai boots (8ac 15sta 40hp boots).  Further in, the rabid spawns can drop some nice rings (6ac +6 melee stats 65hp) or rarely a FT2 neck item (can't remember if it is BL usable).  The third area of rabid spawns can rarely drop a nice cloak that can sell for large plat as it is one of the few items that has the Improved Healing IV focus (Gleamscale Cloak or Gleaming Scale Cloak - been a while since I have been down there).

With a well balanced group (or trio - I always die when I duo with my necro buddy down there :) ) the second and third area for rabid spawns could be accessible.

All up, this place is moderate xp and very rarely camped, with some nice loot if you are lucky, whilst still providing very decent positive faction hits for Chardok proper.  There are also a couple of decent quests in the zone, with the items dropping pretty much randomly from a lot of the mobs there (10ac +5 to some stats 50hp/mana range item).

For the more well geared with access to half a dozen well geared friends, Korocust is even doable (he drops some crap as well some very nice loot) with the main prize (at least for me it would be) being a 12ac 10sta 5wis/int 12svc/svm 80hp/mana ring with the effect Composure (FT3/regen3).

For Korocust's details (including his AE's and other drops)

The Help Baelin Quest

The Silzok's Pages

Wreckers - Bertoxxulous - Saryrn

miandaber

Once you zone into SolC you will be under lava so head straight and jump out of the lava. The mobs won't aggro you when you jump out of the lava pool so it is safe to buff up and summon pet.
From the zone in lava pool there is a path and you will see 2 mobs at the end of it. I tried several times to split these 2 but always got 2. Once I got them split I believe they are on a 15 min timer.
Just past the first 2 guys on the right will be another mob and he can be solo pulled easily.
If you continue on there will be a path on your left or you can continue on straight.
If you continue straight there is a mob on the left just past the path leading left.
You can continue straight and there is a room with 3 mobs there.
*Note*
If you count the 2 mobs at the zone in there are a total of 4 static spawns that are in the first cavern from the zone in. 2 mobs will wander into these rooms from the adjoining room and if you are pulling they will aggro on you and you will get 2.
*end Note*
From zone in cavern if you take the left path you can see one mob which i tried to pull and got an add from a static mob close bye.(after that I didn't venture left anymore).
From zone in cavern if you continue straight you will see 3 mobs. I tried to split the room but no matter what I kept getting 2.
Once you clear these 3 there is another cavern on the right and there is one at the mouth that can be single pulled. Just past him there are 2 mobs that will come in pairs until you have them split.
After that I went back to the pond to med up and wait for the first two to repop so I could keep them split.

My observations.

As long as you have your 65% slow dealing with 2 bloodclaws(warrior types) is not a problem. I would tank one while my warder would keel the other. Ocassionally I would have to heal myself or throw a heal on my warder
I also didn't have any real problem dealing with 2 when there was a mystic(shaman) and a bloodclaw (warrior). Same as above. I would take the shammy so I could "BASH" him to disrupt his spells.
The toughest time I had was a wizzy& war or wizzy & mystic. If paragon wasn't up I would have died both times. The wizzy's nukes pretty hard and can meele as well as the warriors.

Where to fight.

I would always pull the mobs to the zone in lava pool or to one of the sides of the pool. when these guys get low on health they will run so to aviod adds you need to bring them down before they wander to far. They don't have the indoor SoW(like seb) so no worries.

Exp and loot.
The AA exp usually 1 tick per kill with the occasional 2 ticks of an AA per kill. The loot was up to 5pp and various weapons(2-5pp to merchants) and the rare gem.

Overall.
I was a little disappointed with the loot and exp. This is probably not a fair assesment since I was only there for 3 hours and didn't venture very deep.

Oh yea one other thing my gear is AVERAGE at BEST. Everthing I am wearing is bought in the bazaar or I looted myself from solo kills. I have not upgraded anything since lvl 55 or so. I weild a GIU and a zekhas katar neither of them auged. I did have pet toys for my pet and I also had Valor and KEI.

Good luck!
Miandaber
65 Feral Lord 90 AA's and rising!
Firiona Vie

Mcaverly

there are a few very solid quests in Chardok b such as a decent range item and a 75hp ring with solid stamina and wis, Black enchanted amulet and golem heart ring are the names respectively. You could probably solo most of the parts then get a group to fight in and do the two turn ins.

BloodCelt

Sol C?   when did they sneak that one in on me?  I used to get my mail sent to Sol A and B cause I was there so much, I can't believe I missed a whole damned zone!

BC
[FONT COLOR=yellow]
Ironcelt McClain - Feral Lord - <The Mercenary Syndicate> The Rathe Server

Ukator Iceblood

Sol C was added right before LDON. Only been there once for grouping. Decent zone.

Does anyone have a moron proof map for me and Chardok B? :) I hate Chardok but would like to check out CB and have no idea where the zone is in Chard A.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Rustycat

This is a Post I added in the campfire to get a really nice little 2HB for BST.

Here you go ...have fun.

Let me put a quick discription in this post on how to get this staff and when I get some time I will put together a nicer looking guide to this zone.

A solid group of 50+ is enough to obtain this item pretty easily. You can also go with less if they hare higher level and good solo classes. Having adds are a VERY common event. Almost every doggie pull is at least 2 mobs and lots of triple pulls.

The zone you are going to is called The Caverns of Exile or SOL C for those who go there alot.

First of all, a wipe in this zone will most times require a corpse summon. Very few folks travel to this zone so it is almost always open for hunting and xp.
But you will most likely not have a wandering cleric come by and just do rezzes for you. My experience here is without a cleric friend your death will go unrezzed, not to many clerics will venture to this zone.

Step one-Getting to SOL C

go to this web page and learn the path to # 14 on the map.
http://www.eqatlas.com/nagafenslair.html
You can invis to that spot and not have to kill any mobs but what fun is there in that course of action. At #14 on the map you will see a narrow stone bridge going over a little lava river. Stand in the center of this Bridge and face EAST>>> that is the direction to the zone in point to SOL C.

Step two- Zone into SOL C CORRECTLY
CORRECTLY zoning here is really TRICKY for some people. From the Bridge facing EAST you have to JUMP or levi across a small gap between the bridge and the TOP of a lava falls. I recommend levi for your first time in as it is less unfogiving if you screw up. I can't tell you how many times I have taken people to this zone and they fall off that bridge through the small gap into the lava river below... if that happen that person is gonna have to fight there way back through the lava crawlers... and i do mean like all the crawlers. For anyone below lvl 55 that will hurt.

OK back to getting into SOL C ...levi the gap and now you are over the little lava river in a little passage. YOU MUST get under the lave to zone to the correct side of SOL C. If you zone while levi above the lave you will zone into SOL C but will be on the wrong side of the zone. UNDER LAVA >>>UNDER UNDER UNDER!

Ok once you zone into SOL C, you will be UNDER LAvA. This Lava in SOL C is special in all of Norrath as it will kick you Beastlord arse if you stay in it long. With poor resists to fire you will be taking 100 hp damage every couple seconds till you get out. QUICKLY swim STRAIGHT a bit and then veer LEFT to get to the shore of the lava pit. Swim any other direction and you probably will not live long. SoL B lava 10 to 20 hp damage ...SOL C lava 100 HP .
Doing this naked on a CR is a real treat for casters and lower HP folks.

STEP Three- The Hunt

Ok so now you made it in alive. You look around and see Kobald looking doggies... if you see Fire Gobbies you zoned to the wrong end of SOL C.
If you are on the wrong side of SOL C ...swim the Lave tunnel till you zone out to SOL A. Then Follow passage to RIGHT and you will end up zoning right back into SOL B very close to #14 on the EQATLAS Map.

Get group and pets up and buffed. Tell your group if things go bad and it looks like a death to run back to this SS and die there...trust me it will save you alot of headaches. Mobs See Invis so dragging a corpse is a pain.

To get the Fighting staff you only have to Kill Doggies and nothing else. If you are not in a good 60+ group I do not reccomend crawling through this zone to far. I watched a bad Goo pull here with an extra 3 adds kill off a 60+ group fast.

From the zone in you either go straigh which will veer to the RIGHT or you can take a LEFT tunnel after the first two spawn kill. The left tunnel is a Dead End with a mini named in the last room. With out paci it is a 4 pull one being a named, if he is up. If you do not have to kill this last room to the left just pull the two mobs just outside and go back and clear the other direction.
If you have a good group then kill this named, Spiritmaster Heili(lvl 64 or 65) if he is up. He can drop a really nice ring for Druid, Cleric or Shaman.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=22641

That ring has EE4 and great stats.

In the left tunnel is a NPC Doggie named Gwaddry Aethadoc (lvl 65). He gives a sweet quest for any who do not want to shell out the cash for a 60k pp COF or 36% haste back item.

Quest is called Gwaddry's Problem
Quest reward

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=22838

Ok back to the real reason we are here to get our 2HB staff.

You kill Doggies and only doggies in the left or right tunnels. Do not go past the STONE room if you go to the RiGHT. Do NOT go through this room unless you are in a good group. Without paci you will can get a 5 or 6 mob pull with 4 goos and it will not be fun for you. Where the goos are is the end of the doggies anyway so just kill up to them and go back to the zone in and rinse and repeat till you spawn the named with the staff. Just clear doggies untill you spawn a named called Tybog Adalmond (lvl60). Most doggies are between lvl 52 and 56.

He can spawn in any of the Doggie mob spawn spots. So just keep killing them till he spawns. I have seen him spawn 2 times back to back, but it is normal to get him with the staff in hand in a couple hours of killing him. I took a monk friend here and Tybog was one of the first 2 mobs right at the zone in SS. Killed him, monk looted staff and we ported out. Took all of 5 min.

Nice thing is his common drop is Shawl of the Firewalker and sells for a nice bit of change in the bazaar. So your caster buddies will also be interested in helping you.

Keep killing doggies till he drops your 2HB.

Let me know if you have any other questions regarding this zone. I have cleared all the mobs here except the gatekeeper. It is a really challenging dungeon to crawl through but for a squared away group it can be a real blast.

Hope this helps

Rusty
Elder Rustycat
Solusek Ro

Tiggr

great write ups...thanks.

Rusty,what are the stats on the 2hb?

TheOriginalGronker

Quote from: Tiggr
Rusty,what are the stats on the 2hb?

I'm not Rusty but ... the 2hb stats.