Main Menu

Best 6 box group?

Started by prackers, May 28, 2008, 03:48:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prackers

I currently run Pally, Cleric, Ench, Bard, Rogue and Shammy.

I am fairly happy with it but can it be improved upon?

Inphared

You could use a little more DPS, possibly drop the enchanter for a hybrid of some sort, but enchanters are nice to have. It's solid as is.

Khauruk

I would drop the enc for a mage or wizard probably.  Or, depending on waht level you are, the enc can be a very nice puller, and you could drop the bard.  Or you could drop both, and add a mage for CoH pulling (works pretty darned nice, actually).  Again, I'd add a mage or wizard for any possible slots.

What content are you actually doing, anyways?

As far as what I consider the "best" 6box group if you're starting from scratch, or doing group content(wish I had the comps/time for it frankly...at least to 4-5 box):
War
Cleric
Shaman
Bard or Monk
Wiz/Druid (druid is nice for shared camo....I luvs it much, They're good for trophy hunting as well w/ atk debuffs for nasty mobs....though their dps sucks).
Mage (CoH, stunning pets, etc,....)

Many things can be switched around if you're dealing w/ raid gear.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Nusa

Of course you're really in the wrong forum if there's no beastlord in your group!

kindarring2

I ran for a long time War/cleric/ranger/bst/rouge/necro but this was back in POP days and I haven't ran more then 3 toons in the last 3 years, and now only down to a cleric and bst lol. A high end bst can do about anything with a cleric.
Gimpbstlord  dam i need to update

Kindo dam i need to update

prackers

Quote from: Khauruk on May 28, 2008, 04:18:50 AM
I would drop the enc for a mage or wizard probably.  Or, depending on waht level you are, the enc can be a very nice puller, and you could drop the bard.  Or you could drop both, and add a mage for CoH pulling (works pretty darned nice, actually).  Again, I'd add a mage or wizard for any possible slots.

What content are you actually doing, anyways?

As far as what I consider the "best" 6box group if you're starting from scratch, or doing group content(wish I had the comps/time for it frankly...at least to 4-5 box):
War
Cleric
Shaman
Bard or Monk
Wiz/Druid (druid is nice for shared camo....I luvs it much, They're good for trophy hunting as well w/ atk debuffs for nasty mobs....though their dps sucks).
Mage (CoH, stunning pets, etc,....)

Many things can be switched around if you're dealing w/ raid gear.

Content is pretty much anything, if it can be single grouped I will (try to) do it. The crew is pretty well geared up, the pally is my main in a mid tiered raiding guild so there is nothing in the grouping game that really challenges him, the rest are in full t4 gear and all are max aa except the shammy.

I did download a parser and tried substituting various classes since my original post but it seems that whatever changes I make I lose more than I gain in terms of exp over time. Dropping the ench for a wizzy or mage does increase my dps per fight but my kill rate drops rite down because I have to limit the pulls to no more than 2, dropping the bard means the groups overall dps drops and we also start to have mana issues.

jdpatt

Quote from: prackers on May 29, 2008, 03:39:45 AM
I did download a parser and tried substituting various classes since my original post but it seems that whatever changes I make I lose more than I gain in terms of exp over time. Dropping the ench for a wizzy or mage does increase my dps per fight but my kill rate drops rite down because I have to limit the pulls to no more than 2, dropping the bard means the groups overall dps drops and we also start to have mana issues.

My first thought is that YOUR efficiency may be dropping when you substitute other classes.  Let's face it, 6-boxing is challenging enough when you're doing it smoothly, with a familiar group.  When you swap out toons you play regularly, it does take a while to get in the rhythm again.  I'm trying to level up a backup cleric and bard for my 6-box group, and it's very hard running smoothly when I swap them in (the bard takes my BL place, the cleric takes my mage spot).

That said, my own recommendation would be to maybe try swapping in characters that add dps while maintaining the functionality of the character they replace.  For example, a beastlord for slows/haste/buffs instead of the shaman.  Your group is probably capable of almost anything, but you have a lot of redundancy (as in, your bard and chanter are both CC/pulling classes, maybe trade for a monk, mage, or ranger for more dps with the same ability to pull; your bard, shaman, and enchanter are all slowers/hasters; etc). 

Overall, if you have a group that's working for you, you're better off sticking with it.  The payback in faster experience would be long, since you've got to level/gear up the new toon and get smooth with it.

Just my 2cp,
Dave

P.S. hats off to you for being able to box a bard, haha...it's damn hard, and I'm nowhere near being able to use mine to add anything to the group...at the moment it just leechs xp!
Divedet Ective 85 Rogue
The Rathe server
Tibert McSoulpole 85 Cleric
Winladdar McSoulpole 85 Druid
Divesbl McSoulpole 85 Beastlord
Rieko Likesricecakes 85 Warrior (on long term loan from a friend)
Ronam McSoulpole 85 Magician