Main Menu

Must have spells...

Started by Shadowbeast, May 29, 2008, 04:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowbeast

I moved through 68-72 pretty quickly.  I have most of the spells/tomes but not all of them (esp 69).  Are there any besides Rake that are must haves?  Or are there spells that are 73 and 74 that will be replacing those of 68 to 72?  It has been pretty difficult to get a group for 69 spell missions, so just want to be sure I am not wasting time on these.  Thanks in advance.
Shadowbeast
Beastlord - 85 - Luclin

Khauruk

You need one lvl 70 rune for the level 70 slow (-30MR check).  You'll want to get the lvl71/72 spells (check baz first for rk. IIs, they're often cheaper than the rk. I from vendor in Icefall).  The 71/72 won't be supplanted until lvl 76/77.

The lvl69 missions you definitely want to try and get done - there's no replacement for the discipline it gives you.  It's an upgrade to Bestial Fury which targets the pet as well.  This might be upgraded again with the next expansion, (it's certainly about time), but the upgrade will probably be minimal, and at a hugely greater endurance cost.  Nothing's been seen on lucy/kumbaja's spell parser yet afaik.

The level 69 DoN spell (Emoush kill) is worthwhile as well - it's been upgraded, but the upgrade is mana intensive, and doesn't affect the damage modifier on it.  It wouldn't be a huge priority, but it is nice.

The level 68 DoD spell (werewolf pet) has been upgraded, but they're all hard to get. The lvl 68 requires the spell arc.  The lvl 75 requires faction w/ either Katta or TBS pirates.  The lvl80 version requires Fangbreakers faction, or a rare drop from Crystallos (rarely in bazaar, haven't seen it on Luclin for under 120k).
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Kanan

think I got my rk1 of the swarm pet from a guildie who got it in steam factory, not crystallos.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Squirrely

Can the level 68 and 69 spells be solo'd . I know you can get greater muramite runes grping . However , the quest spelll out of reach of a non guilded.

Squirl

Khauruk

Quote from: Squirrely on August 20, 2008, 10:59:06 PM
Can the level 68 and 69 spells be solo'd . I know you can get greater muramite runes grping . However , the quest spelll out of reach of a non guilded.

Squirl

You can level past the lvl68 one, though the upgrades are effectively faction locked (lvl80 rk.I is droppable, but never in bazaar on most servers, esp. Luclin).  I'd probably skip it - it's an easy spell arc (esp. w/ a lvl80 tank for 68.3), but not worthwhile for most classes like it is for us.  The 69 can be super easily grouped (mostly duo'ed) once you're 75+ I'd say.  69.4 won't be quite so simple though - CC'll probably be needed, unless you have really good dps.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Nusa

DoD quest arcs require groups.
DoN quest spell is some solo, some easy group, plus Emoush. Emoush needed about 3 groups at level 65. At level 80, I bet it's groupable with good undead dps, but probably a lot easier if you have two groups.

Khauruk

D'oh, I forgot entirely about the DoN growl.  If you can get a group or two to kill Emoush (and do the required faction/task work aforehand), it's a good spell.  There's upgrades available as well, but the "primary" imo part of the spell (the damage mod) hasn't changed, just the HP boost/HoT on the spell.  For more mana of course.  So...good to get, but again, not necessary w/ SoF/etc.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Karve

We one-grouped Emoush a week ago. Get each of the named down as low as you dare and kite until ready to whack Emoush, then kill them fast and burn on Emoush. All in approx 12 minutes from entering the instance.

Professional Mad Bastard.

Karilis

Dude, that's a high DPS single group, especially if people -needed- their DoN progression spells heh.  I'm assuming most of you had the 76-80 version upgrades?  But yeah, I hope to be doing Emoush with the same 10-15 people that helped me do Jourek and Goblin Dojo and the Guardian of Sands, Circle of Drakes, and the other missions we did together, plus I'm six levels higher, have my level 68 werewolf spell, and full gnollish and some decent augs, compared to full elaborate defiant with no augs..  Thing is though - none of us are qualified kiters, Druid is the main healer, tank is a paladin that insists on having aggro on all nearby mobs while using a two hander... ugh heh...  I'm the closest we have to a character that knows how to kite raidmobs, because I play a 68 shadowknight that used to have to do it for BoT and Tactics and other PoP zones, whom was my main at the time, but I'll be on my beastlord, who just doesn't quite have that same damageless aggro snap -from a distance- ability.

nedoirah

Use your level 70 slow for keeping agro. It's a fairly quick cast spell (1.5 seconds) with a recast timer of (I think) 10-15 seconds. Another spell you can use to help keeping agro while slow refreshes is your level 56 incapacitate spell.

Brane

According to SOE DON, DODH and POR spells will be unlocked for research coming november when the new expansion goes life.  :-D

Nusa

Actually late October. But I wouldn't put money on that including every quest-only spells, unless you have inside info. Our LoY spells (Bond of the Wild and Malaria) are good examples of old-school spells that can only be obtained the hard way.

Grimwill

I was wondering about that too, but since DoD and PoR spells are all quested there wouldn't be anything new to unlock if quest spells are excluded.  I guess we'll find out.

Tiroon

If I remember corretly, Ngreth had the ok for DoD spells for a long time. I think it was Rashere who gave him the ok during a dev chat more than a year ago. The ok ended up on the chat log rather than, as intended, on Ngreth's screen only.  :evil:

Most recent status from the Ogre's mouth back in July:

QuoteIt has been mentioned somewhere that I committed to doing DoD and PoR spells for the next expansion, and that I would try to get TSS spells in also.  So it ends up being up to you if you want to wait for the next (still unannounced... so no knowledge on your side when that will be.) expansion or do the missions and get them sooner.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.