Main Menu

4 box ?

Started by notabeast, June 04, 2008, 12:17:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildwaters

One thing I have noticed I might add is that i'f im tanking and my friend is boxing two mages I have him use one air pet and one fire. The stuns that the air pet does helps mitigate the spikey damage I take. The fire pet does more dps. If the content is significantly harder I often go two air pets and get  afriend to help dps >.<

thumper631

I will toss in my 2 cents on this.  I have been 4/5 boxing for quite a while.  My main is a bard so he is the puller/CC.  Tank is either a monk or SK.  Slower is a shaman and 4th box is either a pally if I am doing undead or a BL.  In the current configuration that I use, the puller is the main screen or keyboard in front of me.  Tank is to the right, shaman is next screen further to the right follow by the support toon to the left.  No matter what configuration you use, always ensure that your key strokes are the same.  I have play with necro, clerics, warrior and ranger in different way but the most important thing is to have your puller whether that be a Monk, SK, Bard, Necro or even BL be your main screen.  Your tank should be the next screen over as it is easy to ensure that you are fighting the mob.  Next screen in my case was the slower or cleric.  He should have a slap key for healing either the tank or a group heal.

So what works best.  In the beginning when I was 3 boxing, necro for damage and aggro kiting, ranger for snares and auto fire and cleric or druid for healing.  If you have a good BL since this is the forum at where we are at, then your BL could tank and the pet could off tank, shaman for slow and healing, druid for healing, porting and damage and ranger or mage/wizard for extra damage.  Remember the assist key is your friend.