Main Menu

What to buff 64 pet with?

Started by Tanot, June 06, 2008, 03:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanot

Hi all

I recently inherited a 66 beastie and been having lots of fun with it. Would somebody be able to tell me what a "normal" lineup of buffs for the pet would be? I seem to have huge amounts of buffs in my spell book but not sure what stacks with what. At the moment I have been buffing him with:

Arag's Celerity
Celerity (I'm guessing it doesn't stack with Arag's but don't know so been doing it anyway  :wink:)
Spirit of Relic (would change to Snow if very MR mobs)
Spiritual Dominion
Spiritual Vigor
Talisman of Kragg
Infusion of Spirit
Dexterity

I don't have any of the LDoN spells and I only got Leopard last night so haven't had a chance to play with that yet but will be using that as well.

I also have a 65 druid so have been sticking on:

Spirit of Eagle
Nature's Might (str)
Protection of the Nine
Replenishment
Shield of Bracken

Anything else I should be using? Anything that I'm wasting my time on cause it doesn't stack? I realise I'm not buffing resists but I would stick on the best I have if I was fighting casters - this is more of a "buffs to stick on every time you summon your pet" question.

Hope someone can help!

Vidyne

I simply run with

SoW or shrew
Jeswin(rellic)
Unparalled Voracity(Arag's Celerity)

Any buffs beyond that, you want to give the pet HP or other things, is not as big of a boost as those 3 in terms of damage/utility.
You can throw dominion, focus, and SVigor on it for tanking if you like.  Dexterity was proven a long time ago in parses that it didn't really help, and pet was already at max dex with proc alone.  Str/Dex/Sta will have a minimal help if any.  Any spells that increase damage(champion, growl of the leopard/panther/puma) are useful however.

Tanot

Thanks for the reply Vidyne - that is going to save me a lot of time and mana! I'm assuming that I would need the AA that allows group buffs to land on the pet to get Champion on him? Also, are the regen spells like Renewal a bit of a waste of time then? Would be useful to know as I'm having to keep the single target memmed just for the pet at the moment (have the group version on the druid's BP).

Also, is Fero worth casting on the pet or do I save that for me only?

nedoirah

I rarely use it. I save it for the really tough namers. It's a nice alternative to the shaman champion spell. The resist side helps too.

Vidyne

I rarely use fero as well.  Regen can help depending on where you are fighting at.  However with ooc regen for pets now, if the pet can survive the conflict, ooc regen will massively overshadow our regen spell.

Technically every buff helps, but some are just not nearly as useful as others.

Denti

To be more precise, every buff but stamina helps.

Usually i buff my pet with pet haste/proc buff, focus and SoW.

Tanot

Hi Denti

What do you mean by focus? Pet focus item or some other buff?

Denti

Well, as a buff it can be only our hp focus line, pet focus is a given as it has to be a worn item during summoning of the pet. It is not much, but every little helps of course, and the fact that it is a group buff anyway makes it easier to keep it on.

Brane

Grab mage pet items, and camp in shroud to have them the next time you log in. O know its not a buff but it will make the pet buff.  :evil:

Vidyne

In other words:

Str:  basically at the softcap, or the return is minimal
Dex:  see str, but more minimal I think
Sta:  Pet doesn't get more HP from stamina, at all.
Agi:  Not sure, but probably minimal
Cha/Int/Wis:  I doubt these have an effect at all.

HP/AC = good for tanking
Atk:  Could help, but probably minimal, not as minimal as str/dex I would imagine.
Procs:  Very helpful
Damage increase:  very helpful.
Haste:  85% haste is pretty close, and not sure other hastes stack, since they are both on spell haste line.  Mask haste will help though, as its item.  Chanter higher level haste will give critical chance, but I had critical aa's before I ever tested that, so I can't confirm.