Main Menu

BOT Towers

Started by Squirrely, June 13, 2008, 01:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squirrely

In the olden days B4 aa's were the thing it would take a raid party to hit the towers in BOT. The other night I was able to port into the towers from the clickie.
Could a well mixed group mid 65 and up fight the in  towers and even  take out the bosses for a win ???

Was reading solo Mobs taken out and one post mentioned they routinely did the Tower Bosses.

Might be a great open areas not currently taken in a Hot Zone.

Squirrely

Jaah

Yes, it could be done.  However, tower mobs have SIGNIFICANTLY more hps than their wing counterparts for the same exp in my experiences, so unless the boss loot is what you're after or you have a lot of DPS and it's crowded, I'd stick to the wing giants or the bees.  But yes, a well geared 65 BST with a cleric bot could clear any of the towers and the bosses I'd think.  Add in 1-2 others (an actual tank) and it'd be cake.

Vidyne

Some of the towers, you'll get up to 5 on one pull.  If you can handle that, then its no problem :)

Praxxis

Not sure on a 65 Bst doing Wind Tower.  I have an 80 Bst w/403aa.  Gear is mostly CoA & Scratched Hide stuff.  I took him and a boxed 65 cleric w/6aa in there.  The fighting up was simple.  The actual fight on Chaoswind got a bit sketchy a couple times.  Mostly because of the healing range of my cleric and his annoying AE stun.  HoT's combined with Focused Paragon did well though.  Used the occassional instant heal potion if the cleric got stunned.  By the end of the fight.  My Bst had 20% mana left with a 12k manapool.  The Cleric has a 10k pool and he was out of mana.

Gharrik

Tower giants don't seem any meaner than wing giants to me, just alot more krigers.  Can't say much about the bosses though because I'm not suicidal.  :)

Karilis

Tower giants have about 50-100 more ac, maybe a little more, and about the same boost to attack, and probably 20-100% more hitpoints, making them do over time, 21-102% more damage per giant.

That being said, I soloed my way up to the named areas on occasion, as a 76 beastlord, all gnollish, decent AC augments(polished caracite, and reworked heavy steamplate whatever, then the hotzone augs with 10+ ac or 50+ hitpoints and resists) with two CoA augments, a 45% haste ring from DoN, some other miscellaneous stuff, basically I'ld equate myself to CoA geared.  I've only got 412 aas, none of my 'big' 74 or 75 spells.  If I grab direwild skin from my druid, I can self buff to 14.5K hitpoints before growl of the leapord (DoN crystals... don't have any upgrade yet.))

Gharrik

Are you saying that a kriger in the towers is 21-102% tougher than a kriger in the wings?  Or are you just saying that krigers in general are that much tougher than the other giants?  I'd be more inclined to agree with the 2nd one.  Krigers are bad news compared to the other giants, but the ones I've killed in the towers don't seem any different from the krigers I've killed in the wings.  With my 66 mage's pet tanking and 67 enchanter friend slowing (70%), we were able to mow through them decently enough... but the lower giants are better exp/hour still because of that whole HP problem.