Main Menu

The final BST pet?

Started by Wilmer, June 20, 2008, 10:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilmer

It's been about 4 or 5 years since i've played EQ, decided to play again, and once again i find it pretty fun. I couldn't remember my old accnt information so i made a new accnt and a new character. I'm currently a level 65 beastlord and had a few questions since i last played.

So far, i've been able to see in-game or read on the web more detailed information about the high end pets for each pet class, except for the beastlord. How hard does our pet hit? someone on allakahzam said somewhere around 138ish, but ive seen an SK pet quad for 218 or so in-game. Anyway i was just curious what our final pets hits were like.

I also have one other question, what happened to the size of bst pets? they were really large when i quit playing, and i kinda liked that. now it's much smaller for everyone except for vah shir pets. not a huge deal, but i just liked having a massive pet =P

anyway, any help is appreciated.

Vidyne

[Sat Jun 07 14:22:52 2008] Vidyne`s warder claws a drachnid for 175 points of damage.

Chanter and Magician pets in SoF received massive max hit boosts.
Whether Shadow Knights also received this I don't know.  Shadow Knights do have pet criticals however, and could be a critical from that.

We got about a + 30 to our max hit on our pet line.  It really depends on what focus you're using.  That max hit is with the Crystallos Focus, Enhanced minion I.  Magicians got around a 90% increase to their pets max hit, enchanters around a 120% increase.  Ours was closer to 25 or 30%.  At least that's if my memory and my mage friend is telling me right.

I remember the 73 pet hitting 140s I think with a Chaos focus?  Now it hits 175 with EM1
It always kind of made me wonder... I don't know if they improved necro, shaman, and shadowknight pets as well to the extent they did mage pets and chanter pets.  Chanter pets don't concern me too much, they needed the boost, and their pet doesn't live on anything that I would deem something I'd like to kill :)  As my 80 enchanter can tell you...  that pet just has too little HP.

We did receive a very powerful healing spell in TSS however, so I guess its karma that we didn't get as huge a DPS percentage gain as mages or enchanters.  It's not like we're hurting for pet dps, but it could have been raised a few more notches.

Nusa

Just remember that max hit is not the same thing as DPS. Max hit is easier to find out and easier to brag about, but DPS is the number you should care about.