Main Menu

"Wimpy" mobs being added to TBS zones (a la DSH)

Started by Khauruk, June 28, 2008, 02:36:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khauruk

QuoteRytan_the_Wyrmlord
EQ Lead Designer

I've modified a number of NPCs in some TBS zones to be "wimpy" mobs that are akin to the melee solo mobs in Dragonsale hills.  Right now I have most of the "critter" type npcs in Buried Sea, Katta Castrum, and Atiiki set to these new values.  I'm also planning on putting this in a few other zones that have appropriate NPCS.

These are aimed at giving lower geared players and/or classes that have a hard time soloing some options outside of a group to get some experience in slow times.

If you get a chance go give them a try.

Atiiki
a_scatterback_scarab
a_glowing_scarab
a_rhinoback_beetle
a_carrion_swarmer

Buried Sea
a_snapjaw_tortoise
a_great_white_shark
a_coralisk
a_sea_turtle
a_rabid_basilisk
a_regrua_aggressor
a_darkclaw_basilisk

Katta Castrum
a_construct_of_the_drowned
a_wayward_whirlpool
a_frenzied_whirlpool
an_amalgam_of_the_drowned
a_fright_funnel
a_fear_funnel
a_darkmud_keeper
a_flame_whisperer
a_darkmud_slave
a_fire_whisperer
a_vortex_of_the_deep
an_essence_of_the_deep
http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?start=0&topic_id=134268&#1939727
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Tiroon

The mobs' levels according to Illia's Bestiary:

Atiiki
70 - 72: a_scatterback_scarab
72 - 74: a_glowing_scarab
71 - 73: a_rhinoback_beetle
66: a_carrion_swarmer

Buried Sea
74 - 76: a_snapjaw_tortoise
74 - 76: a_great_white_shark
73 - 75: a_coralisk
50 - 70: a_sea_turtle
67 - 71: a_rabid_basilisk
68: a_regrua_aggressor
72 - 75: a_darkclaw_basilisk

Katta Castrum
73 - 75: a_construct_of_the_drowned
73 - 75: a_wayward_whirlpool
73 - 75: a_frenzied_whirlpool
73 - 75: an_amalgam_of_the_drowned
73 - 75: a_fright_funnel
73 - 75: a_fear_funnel
73 - 75: a_darkmud_keeper
73 - 75: a_flame_whisperer
73 - 75: a_darkmud_slave
73 - 75: a_fire_whisperer
73 - 75: a_vortex_of_the_deep
73 - 75: an_essence_of_the_deep
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Karilis

Is the info on Allakhazam's still correct for the "a_construct_of_the_drowned" that it hits for 1100?  That's a DEBUFFED mob for soloing? o.0

Grimwill

Well since the post allah that give that info is from 3/07 and Rytan's post is from 6/08, I'm gonna guess that info is outdated.

Brane

Karilis

Quote from: Grimwill on July 16, 2008, 10:00:28 PM
Well since the post allah that give that info is from 3/07 and Rytan's post is from 6/08, I'm gonna guess that info is outdated.

Whoopsies, thanks for the good eye Grimwill!  I don't pay attention closely enough to details it seems, good eye!  I have no idea how 'wimpy' they're going to be though, and I'm too scared to go check it out, I already used my weekly rez aa this week heh... sticking to solo tasks and easy kills til it repops... plus those wimpy mobs are higher level than I am anyway.

Vuncar

Most (not all) of those mobs listed for Katta are caster types and as such spend most of their time casting (go figure).  I have been giving these the beatdown with my 75 Mage and its little problem for me to offtank/nuke one dead while the pet is keeping 1-2 others occupied.  The darkmuds are warrior class so I tend to avoid those -- time and effort better spent on the casters~

Karilis

off...tank... as a mage, while your pet beats down two?  Oy vey... nice.  I guess when I hit 74 I can go try it out, though I may have to wait til 76 for triple attack.

Khauruk

How much AA xp are these mobs at 75?  Any idea on approximate hp #?
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Khauruk

Not sure on HP#s, but I took my druid and myself to TBS just now (finally).  Lvl 80, solo, 90/10 split, took like 30 seconds maybe to kill Regrua Aggressor/Diviners (26k hp), and 3%AA/per.  Max hit 445 - virtually never needed to heal...lifetaps on weapons, and focused paragon was plenty.  It's my slummin' place for now...reasonably fast repops (5 or 6 min).  Probably 25 max mobs in area to kill.
TURNCOAT!!!!!