Main Menu

Top 10 Fanfaire concerns

Started by Quinnotetiquan, July 28, 2008, 08:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inphared

Confirm what? The defensive portion of a magician pet, or the offensive? Ask anyone with a brain, both exceed our pet.

As for DPS, you're correct - it entirely depends on the duration of the fight. But, the most a top fight usually ever runs is 10 minutes tops, and I can only think of two fights that do that. Both of them are effectively nonparsable and thusly can't be validated by anyone.

Your average burn fight in top end content tops at around 3 or 4 minutes. 60 seconds makes a difference, but I would need to see valid proof of a Magician parsing top 5 over Berserkers, Rogues, Wizards, and Monks. It's feasible, but the Magician would most definitely need a Bard and Manaflare, with some serious luck with resists and GoERM procs.

**EDIT**

I'm not saying it's not possible, and I probably know which Magician's you're talking about, but not everyone is an all-star =P

Sushe

I just did a quick skim over our last month or so of parses and I was over our mages in all of them. The only time that one of them was close was when he put himself in a bard/shammie group and burned 7th to test his output.

Mages are fine imo (not in theirs though!).

The class that has surprised me lately has been rangers. They are consistaintly parsing up with monks. Even sometimes pushing into the rogues.

Anyhow, I am going to be making a list of things to bring up to the devs at the fan faire.

Rabekiz

My guild just defeated Solteris last night, I can confirm with numerous parses that mages are on par DPS wise with beastlords and monks throughout Solteris. These
"2nd tier" DPS classes put out about 25-50% less then our rogues/wizzies/zerkers, easily sustaining 2500-3000 DPS through a 3-4 minute fight. My good humored poke at my fellow guild mages isnt that they are on par with my DPS, its that they can achieve my level of DPS w/o ever snagging aggro.

Our similarly geared and AAed rangers on the other hand I can reliably out DPS by about 10-15% every night.

Karilis

*Drools* 2500-3000 burn DPS and you're in Solteris still?  Does that mean you have a bunch of itemization and possible DPS upgrading in SoF to still go through?

Denti

During the "original" Solteris, well, during TBS in Solteris our beastlords did up to 5k dps on burst fights (Orc on second event, which was our burst parse fight and lasted around 60 to 80 seconds) and comfortably around 3.5k on other events. However that was well befor the spell link nerf and of course using all available means.

We lost quite a lot if peak dps  with the spell link nerf, however we still can do quite a lot. It might be our mages but they never parse anywhere close to beastlords except if we suck and afk half through the fight.

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Rabekiz on August 01, 2008, 03:44:41 PM
My guild just defeated Solteris last night, I can confirm with numerous parses that mages are on par DPS wise with beastlords and monks throughout Solteris. These
"2nd tier" DPS classes put out about 25-50% less then our rogues/wizzies/zerkers, easily sustaining 2500-3000 DPS through a 3-4 minute fight. My good humored poke at my fellow guild mages isnt that they are on par with my DPS, its that they can achieve my level of DPS w/o ever snagging aggro.

Our similarly geared and AAed rangers on the other hand I can reliably out DPS by about 10-15% every night.

So then are only DPS concern is getting the "standard" upgrade to DPS for the expansion.  At least thats "easy" to convince the dev's on.

So if the "standard" DPS upgrade is gives to us in the next expansion the last 9 would be...

2)  Fero - Improve it, remove it, do something with it.

3)  De-aggro - Spell, Disc, or AA.  Something that can be used every 3 tic's (18 sec.) or better would be nice.

4)  IoS, Dex, Str, and Sta buff line - Overcaps of that spell line would be great.  4 spells to do what 1 shammy buff can do 1 or 2 expansions ago isn't over powering.  +20 overcap (+15 Ios and +5 individual buff's) I don't see as overpowering for lvl 85's when we are part Shammy anyways.  Of course +20 can be scaled +/- depending on what the developers are comfortable with.

5)  Cripple/Slow - Not really sure how they could upgrade these other than increase the level so the level difference of the spell vs. mob level isn't so great.  Mabye a poison resist check w/50% slow.  Not really sure here.  Mostly looking at the PC vs. NPC level here.

6) 2hb AA -  An AA to increase Damage while weilding 2hb weapons would be great.  We can use the weapons, now give us the AA for the incentive to actually use 'em.

7 - 9) I could think of more but ATM I need to give up the computer so others will have to fill in.

10) Race AA's -  OK, this isn't a class issue but there are no race forums, only class forums.  With the exception of Gnome.  The benefits of choosing any race is basically "nil" as you level.  Ever advantage/disadvantage races used to have are removed with equipment, aa's, and clickies.  Mabye they can add race specific aa's to make everyone a little more unique again.
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Quinnotetiquan

Majority of Solteris is Fire thought so most mobs are immune to mages best nukes right? Can you get a reliable parse with that? I have seen some real crappy mages that just dont know how or refuse to do the DPS that some do. There was at least 2 in our guild at one point. That being said I think the mage community and boards are some of the most dedicated people to this game. If you need data on this game thats the place to go.

That problem with asking for a new cripple is that the shamans didnt get one last expansion when Enchanters did. Hard to ask for an upgrade in the same spell line for us when they didnt get one. Im not sure if Cripple is a dead spell line for them but if they dont get one next expansion I would say it is or at least is temporarily.

An overcap version of our IoS would be great and it would be the perfect complement to our focus line. While one combined buff would be great (and would save on spell data) I think we are more likely to get it if we ask for it as an upgrade of IoS

Rabekiz

The orc DPS burn fight during the opening of the Aprosis event has no spell immunity, in fact hes probably the easiest mob I've seen in a long time in regard to basically resisting nothing. 2500-3000 can be done w/o mana recursion or panther. Itemization wise there are essentially no upgrades for me from Solteris (my weapons on are par with the balls of sunlight from 2 Gods). Also note that a beastlord can essentially only burn for 60 seconds, after our 2 discs run out we are in sustain DPS mode until we run out of mana (which happens around the 20 minute mark).

Insofar as upgrading our current slow, how about going after a straight AA slow patterned off what the shammies got. Can be a straight cut and paste from our current spell slow. Opens up a spell gem (not really a big deal) and offers up a secondary shot at slowing a mob instead of waiting for the spell slow gem to recycle.

Damim

Quote from: Rabekiz on August 06, 2008, 06:48:44 PM
Insofar as upgrading our current slow, how about going after a straight AA slow patterned off what the shammies got. Can be a straight cut and paste from our current spell slow. Opens up a spell gem (not really a big deal) and offers up a secondary shot at slowing a mob instead of waiting for the spell slow gem to recycle.

I really like that idea.  Mana free slow sounds super.  Give us a reliable deaggro ability, the AA slow, and the regular upgrades and I'll be happy.

Maylian

As far as I can tell beastlords since nerf can still maintain 3.5k - 4k or at least I could with the Talon and 2.5, Mage parses are more dependant on foci but have seen mages consistently hit 3.6k although I wouldn't say any of the mages in my guild were parse whores, much like I was the only bst that cared about parses since the other two barely hit 2k dps.

As far as Necro's they currently are hitting top spot next to Wizards with 7k parses regularly, depending on the situation I am seeing warriors, rangers, mages beating or matching beastlords on parse mobs. The difference though is that these classes offer more utility than beastlords in raid situations, fortunately the 42raid limits is not being implemented otherwise you would only see 1 Bst in a raiding guild. Personally Fero needs a massive overhaul to give us some desire back for buffs. Rangers have seen an immense increase in their buffs, rogues, monks and zerkers have all received some excellent aura's for dps increase but beastlords have stagnated.

I think that focused paragon was a step in the right direction but we need to see some more utility and another way of dropping agro. In raids agro isn't so much of an issue now that poison nukes aren't linked but if you're in anything other than a guild group agro can still be an issue so a short reuse disc like jolting kicks could be useful. We need to have something unique to bring to the board otherwise we can just be phased out from rosters.

Quinnotetiquan

Quote from: Maylian on August 12, 2008, 02:01:42 PM
As far as I can tell beastlords since nerf can still maintain 3.5k - 4k or at least I could with the Talon and 2.5, Mage parses are more dependant on foci but have seen mages consistently hit 3.6k although I wouldn't say any of the mages in my guild were parse whores, much like I was the only bst that cared about parses since the other two barely hit 2k dps.

As far as Necro's they currently are hitting top spot next to Wizards with 7k parses regularly, depending on the situation I am seeing warriors, rangers, mages beating or matching beastlords on parse mobs. The difference though is that these classes offer more utility than beastlords in raid situations, fortunately the 42raid limits is not being implemented otherwise you would only see 1 Bst in a raiding guild. Personally Fero needs a massive overhaul to give us some desire back for buffs. Rangers have seen an immense increase in their buffs, rogues, monks and zerkers have all received some excellent aura's for dps increase but beastlords have stagnated.

I think that focused paragon was a step in the right direction but we need to see some more utility and another way of dropping agro. In raids agro isn't so much of an issue now that poison nukes aren't linked but if you're in anything other than a guild group agro can still be an issue so a short reuse disc like jolting kicks could be useful. We need to have something unique to bring to the board otherwise we can just be phased out from rosters.

So they arent implementing 42 man raids next expansion?

Grbage

42 man raid idea was called off  because of public outcry.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Denti

It will be implemented nonetheless. Probably not as primary target next expansion, but the one after that for sure. And i guess we gonna see quite a few 42 man raids next expansion targetet for medium or lower end raiding guilds.

Maylian

If numbers continue to drop I can see them raising this issue again, however on servers like AB where the population is healthiest it would do far more harm than good. Having alternative raids for 12, 24, 36 players like in DoN or to a lesser extent TSS would be a good option but getting away from the point of this thread.

Bst DPS has probably had its glory days and I doubt we'll see major increases in it beyond the standard increase at expansions. However a utility increase could be a valid argument due to seeing what rangers have had over the last year or so. Not arguing to be given their spells but a role that we are able to fulfill and be of some use with to raids would be a bonus. Some useful buffs that are a nice bonus to melee/casters/tanks or whatever that only we can provide would be a positive step seeing as SE is losing its edge. Christ an pet central aura that increases the dps of all pets within range would be a step in the right direction. I just find it sad that we don't really have a role to fill in raids other than a mana source with average dps.

Jazzera

Wru Maylian ! Garot said me he is missing u  :cry:

I really hope we will stay where we are dps wise with the next expansion, on 300+ sec parse we are able to dps very welll, our sustained dps own, i reach top5 easily, was even 1rst on last Entharr parse (no berz in raid and rogues are missing cryst piercer badly)

what we need is another aggro decrease ability and an utility spell/aa which will stuck us in grp dps with sham bard and berz ! and stronger defense ability, with every mobs having the ability to strikethrough our tankability really decreased badly

I really like the new spells which showed up on database - Minax's Mending - grp heal-over-time spell which will improve our back healer job in raid grp