Main Menu

Two 2 Boxers

Started by vitosays, August 05, 2008, 08:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vitosays

So I will be boxing my 77 bst and probably around 74 Bard.  My Friend will be boxin his 80 rog and 80 dru.... Think that makes a good grp I believe I will be tanking?  Any suggestions?

Volo

It's a doable group, but you will eventually run into content the BST just won't be able to tank without some significant (eg, heavy raiding) gear. Should do you just fine up through, at least, revamped BlackBurrow, though. Just make sure you're keeping up on your defensive AAs.

Grerowler

it is difficult to keep aggro off of rogues...
85 Beastlord
Heroes
Luclin Server

jdpatt

Quote from: Grerowler on November 02, 2008, 05:19:14 PM
it is difficult to keep aggro off of rogues...

I'd have to agree there.  A good tank can and will lose aggro fairly often to a comparably equipped rogue.  A beastlord has fewer tools in his box to grab and hold aggro, especially when he's tanking (for example, it's hard to chain cast slow if you're being hit).

There's a lot that's doable with that group (really, a lot, depending on gear, skill, and AA), although you're a little light on tanking and dps (boxing a rogue, you'll lose a lot of his dps potential...missed backstab and evade opportunities being the primary reason).  Overall, there'll be plenty to keep you busy, and if the classes are fun for you, I'd say go for it.

Dave

Divedet Ective 85 Rogue
The Rathe server
Tibert McSoulpole 85 Cleric
Winladdar McSoulpole 85 Druid
Divesbl McSoulpole 85 Beastlord
Rieko Likesricecakes 85 Warrior (on long term loan from a friend)
Ronam McSoulpole 85 Magician

Skraach

You'll probably have to spam something like incapacitate or flash of light so the mob doesn't flip on the rogue, but yeah it's doable for stuff that doesn't hit like a truck.  Later on, you'll likely let the bard tank.

wildwaters

Make a sk instead of bard then
     A) VTthe beats to hold agro
     B) gear out the sk to tank

It;s a class I box >.<