Main Menu

Lockfang Jaw

Started by whiskaz, August 07, 2008, 07:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whiskaz

Why in the world would devs give us a spell that drops in 7 secs of the pet meleeing.  Honestly I just want it for the DoT because our pet dps is so nill as it is.

I'd like to see it be a 30 min long pet proc that slows and dots but doesnt wear off.

Inphared

Sushe

Lockfang is a tool. The dot was added so that you could track how long the slow lasted and to give it some (read that hardly parseable) dps.

I use it quite a bit to get a slow on raping raid mobs while the debuffs get done. I like it because after the charges run out it goes away and I don't have to worry about tracking down the buff and getting rid of it off my warder.

With the rate that pets proc, to increase the time on the buff to 30 minutes we would end up giving up something else. Most likely the slow % would be the first thing to go.. followed by the resist mod.

It is nice that they added a dot to a spell that otherwise did not provide dps for us.. however I doubt it will ever be anything more than what it is atm.

Kraeel

I use the lower version not sure if it has the same effect. I just wish it we wouldnt have to recast after every succesful slow. It also shouldnt over write our Pet snare.

Kanan

the point of it is that it is supposed to replace our casting slow directly and to be a utility.

For the replacing direct slow casting (and it's agro generation), we get a spell that requires us to recast basically every mob, a la our normal slow.  We get "compensated" by it being better than our directly cast spell by it being a paltry 5% more. 

Utility: we trade off being able to snare vs. being able to slow.

Now, these said: the execution still stinks and I don't have rk2 of the highest level version of this spell bcs I'm unwilling to waste time, energy or plat on it.  I've trained my guildies to not even bother offering it to me (couldn't get em outa doing that for fero).  It's a wasted spell slot in the few spells we get from an expansion, and I hope the spell line dies in SoD and is never brought back again.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar