Main Menu

New Pet model poll

Started by Hoov, August 16, 2008, 12:45:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoov

From Fan Faire

Beastlords: if they can gain consensus on wanting the newer models for their pets they can have them, however devs currently believe there is big disagreement on that issue

guess we need to vote..

i personally want new stuff or option to have new stuff

QuoteEdited by Khauruk, poll added, etc,....

Option 2 would be things like the DoN cat models, TSS tigers, Icefall Bears, TSS gators, etc; all skinned for appropriate colors of course.

Please vote, and I will pass this on to Developers when a decent number of votes are posted.

Eflynn

Iksar warder's been broken forever ... get rid of it ... give us something new and shinie.  Was hoping for a more creative way to solve the problem of "some like it some don't" from the Devs ... maybe by giving each races 2 or 3 options for warder models ... but guess not.

Khauruk

The options thing would require new coding, which wouldn't be started until after the main new expansion bugs are done, and vacations are finished...i.e. it would be at least 6 months from now.  I don't see us having a shot at the entirely new models anytime soon either, unless they have some 'sitting around,' waiting for use.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Eflynn

Well they've been promising new models (most recently) for a year or more .... If they haven't done anything by now I doubt that anything really satisfactory will come out of it.

Dilgartownguard

Could just get pet illusion spells like necros have.

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Dilgartownguard on August 16, 2008, 04:47:57 AM
Could just get pet illusion spells like necros have.

This would be my personal choice.  Mainly what I fear is they do a change and screw up our warder's like the Iksar's.  I like my bear when I summon him.  I like that he's gigantic before I cast shrink and so do other players 90% of the time.  Usually the only time they don't (10% of the time) like it is during actual battle's/raids.  As far as what model to use...thats personal preference.  Thats why I like the illusion idea.  If i want an Ice bear I have a white one, if I want a brown bear I have my normal one, and if I want a bear from one of the newest zones...Then I can have an illusion for that.  Creating a spell thats an illusion should be easy to program.  Limiting who can scribe each spell by race should prevent Iksar from using a bear illusion, although being able to illusion my warder as a wolf would be kool.  I personally don't like the dress/kilt look ;p

So...

a) Yes for new models

but....

b) Make them Illusions so we can have our choice of graphics.
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Sharrien

Illusions are the way to go, that way it is not forced on anyone.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Nusa

I expect answers to this to be all over the board, depending on both personal preference and which race you are.

nedoirah

I agree. Give us a pet illusion AA or spell. That way we have a choice of what to have our pets look like. :)

Grbage

Pet illusion would be fine by me.

I want to know where this whole consensus thing came from anyway. Us trolls weren't given a choice or even a warning before getting the six legged freak. We had been asking for our gecko of doom to be grown, not changed to another monster type.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Panthur

I'd love for pet illusion, that way no code has to be changed and less headaches. But i'd take it a step further and give us a spell or illusion spell (whichever works) that mages have: Monster Summoning line, that takes random mob modles into account so zoning, resummoning gets u a dif modle. I LOVED going to EC back in the day as mage, monster summon a griffon, and scream GRIFF TO TUNNEL MOVE IT! heheh

Inphared

The biggest problem is polling every Beastlord in the game that has an opinion on this topic.

Unfortunately, that's nearly impossible.

The justifiable idea, in my opinion, to make the most player happy and the least unhappy, is the pet illusion idea. Make it an AA, a spell, or item, each with a low to moderate difficulty to attain. The monster summoning idea is good, but Magicians might get a little upset at that.

All (potential) new models for pets exist in the game. To make new ones it would be a pretty hefty amount of time spent to create them, only for them to be disliked or never used at all. The illusion idea is probably the best course of action to get everyone what they need.

Also, trolls need the alligator back.

Tiroon

I voted make new models.

Yes a new Vah Shir warder model possibly exists but I'd rather not play with that abomination in tow. It's a caricature of a cartoon. WoW has more realistic looking cats.

Better fix the Iksar warder freezing problem than spend any resources on making the recent models universal.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Eflynn

Quote from: Panthur on August 16, 2008, 03:59:18 PM
I'd love for pet illusion, that way no code has to be changed and less headaches. But i'd take it a step further and give us a spell or illusion spell (whichever works) that mages have: Monster Summoning line, that takes random mob modles into account so zoning, resummoning gets u a dif modle. I LOVED going to EC back in the day as mage, monster summon a griffon, and scream GRIFF TO TUNNEL MOVE IT! heheh

I was thinking about that the other day ... the lore fits into what a beastlord is/should be.  Wouldn't grabbing an animal model from the local zone file instead of from the global file help with loading as well? 

Quinnotetiquan

Quote from: Eflynn on August 17, 2008, 08:34:58 PM
Quote from: Panthur on August 16, 2008, 03:59:18 PM

I was thinking about that the other day ... the lore fits into what a beastlord is/should be.  Wouldn't grabbing an animal model from the local zone file instead of from the global file help with loading as well? 

Not really considering the models in the global file wont be removed. Some illusions use those models too. Including our Bestial Alignment.

Honestly would rather have completely new models than some old DoN model as a pet. And while illusions would be nice theyd still be current models.