Main Menu

New Pet model poll

Started by Hoov, August 16, 2008, 12:45:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shieara

I kind of like the old tiger pet model, but I liked Luclin models so I know I'm weird.  I'm not a huge fan of the new kitty models but I could live with it.  At least it's still a tiger.  Although with my luck they would screw it up and vah shir would get a snow bunny.

Karilis

I would hate for them to waste time implementing new models (new graphical resources to take up more Video ram on my machine.)  If they're going to give us alternate pet problems, I mean models, illusions are the way to go, but if they're not going to -do- anything except change the look, then they should be level 20-50 vendor buyable, with the "cooler" ones being closer to 50.

If the illusions are supposed to give the pet ramped up attack, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25... for each level of coolness factor, or whatever, I understand making them dropped spells or aas... but bleh, I wouldn't pay for them.

As far as Iksar warder model freezing goes?  I've -never- had a problem with it, when Babe(My warder) freezes, she is usually soloing a mob, so it's definitely not moving anywhere, but If I've got like 3-10 mobs in camp that I'm bouncing around to, she slides along the ground if the enemy is moving.  How can anyone say their warder is losing DPS from this bug?  Just because her feet don't move, doesn't mean she doesn't.  Haven't you ever seen someone get stuck in -crucified- position in game?  They still move around, floating arms out... same with things showing up as human or scarecrow models.

Honestly, rather than spending money/resources on graphics, I'ld rather they implement a stick-figure version of the graphics for the game, so that my multi-box when I have it running, doesn't eat up my system resources.  Currently I play with sound off, 75% of luclin models off, textures on medium, spell particles off...  I know that it's an entirely different part of the Dev team, but I would think that even their graphical engineers could find better things to spend their time on, perhaps taking coding instruction from the spell designers to get some spell bugs fixed, balanced, or upgraded.

Denti

I couldn't care less about new pet models. I would rather see the effort invested into some real class fixing. It is kinda "funny" to see that the only thing they can find about beastlords are probable new pet models...

Sushe

Just an fyi.. I spoke to the devs 1 on 1 for a good chunk of time about our spells/issues/etc.. the pannel was just where I happened to bring up the pet model issue (having asked it years before on panel and at that point was told new models were inc 'soon').

I just walked in the door from the VERY long flight home from vegas a few minutes ago.. and i plan to pass out for a few hours very shortly. However, as soon as I get some rest and I am not nodding off every other line i will post more about what i spoke of with the devs.

Most likely that will be this evening.. til then zzzzzzzzz

Dilgartownguard

Actually, my warder stops moving entirely for about 2 seconds. If the mob moves out of range, it will not follow until it is done being frozen. I group with a necro quite a bit and know this to be a fact. Seeing how this happens every time it procs, and it procs about every 2 seconds, that's alot of missing dps.

Sniff

Well im happy with my pet ( Vah Shir ) But i do agree with alot of the people here that Ogre's, Troll's,Barb's,  and Iksar's do need a tune up. All my fellow Beastlord friends been complaining about it forever.

The sad thing is there is not enough beastlords that care enough to get on the boards and vote/complain/rant about what they want. Including myself until now. I'll try to hang around these boards alot more  :mrgreen:

When we got nerfed awhile back when the SK's got the nerf as well with there Life Taps linked... They ranted there butt's off... And what maybe a week or 2 later they got un-nerfed... I'll save our Fero's and Nukes being linked for another topic. <3

sicshift

i like the new ingame models using illusions idea

Karilis

Quote from: Sniff on August 20, 2008, 05:54:16 PM
Well im happy with my pet ( Vah Shir ) But i do agree with alot of the people here that Ogre's, Troll's,Barb's,  and Iksar's do need a tune up. All my fellow Beastlord friends been complaining about it forever.

The sad thing is there is not enough beastlords that care enough to get on the boards and vote/complain/rant about what they want. Including myself until now. I'll try to hang around these boards alot more  :mrgreen:

When we got nerfed awhile back when the SK's got the nerf as well with there Life Taps linked... They ranted there butt's off... And what maybe a week or 2 later they got un-nerfed... I'll save our Fero's and Nukes being linked for another topic. <3

To my knowledge, on my 68 Shadowknight...

SK's lifetaps are still linked, we just have a couple different ones.

Other than that, I guess you're right, I don't care enough to rant/complain about graphics. I -love- my scaled warder, it's a part of my roleplay paradigm.  I'ld rather they stop -trying- to upgrade graphics with each expansion, or any expansion, without overhauling the main EQ engine to one that is much more optimized and better at utilizing, rather than leaking ram, I would rather they -just- use old world models, geometries, and textures, with the occasional new piece of gear thrown in.  I don't appreciate their work in the graphics department, I'm sorry, I'm sure there is plenty of effort put in, but if I wanted newer better graphics, I'ld play a newer better game, EQ is about the content, the stories, and the quests.

AH, I see what you're talking about on the lifetap thing now: 

- The Shadowknight spells Touch of Kildrukaun and Touch of Severan that were linked together to share the reuse timer with a previous Game Update have been unlinked.

from an old patch message...

To that I say:  Whoopdedoo, again, comparing the highest level people who can gain all of their spells, against the whole community, and what an issue to bring to light too?  Shadowknight's have some of the crappiest spells in the game, when compared both with efficiency, and with comparative power to their parent class, we rank lowest among hybrids, a fix that allows us to burn mana faster, while carrying on our old raid utility(low resist DDs/lifetaps between melee -is- our only raid utility other than kiting based on the opinion of a few evilgamer.net forumites) compared to asking the development teams to sink time and money into either hiring on some temporary workers for graphics and models, or changing one line of text in six spell files (spell link, lore: touch of blahblah) to 0.

And not that I'm  upset with you or anything, but I honestly love Everquest the way it is, and I hope it lasts long enough for me to experience most of what is out there right now... thus them adding new things that do -nothing- to help me experience that, well... I think you could understand if my post comes off as a little snippy.  That and my "main" has been and always will be my shadowknight that I don't give much play time anymore, because I gave him over a year and a half of my life in played time heh.

Sniff

Quote from: Karilis on August 20, 2008, 06:26:26 PM
Quote from: Sniff on August 20, 2008, 05:54:16 PM

To my knowledge, on my 68 Shadowknight...

SK's lifetaps are still linked, we just have a couple different ones.

Other than that, I guess you're right, I don't care enough to rant/complain about graphics. I -love- my scaled warder, it's a part of my roleplay paradigm.  I'ld rather they stop -trying- to upgrade graphics with each expansion, or any expansion, without overhauling the main EQ engine to one that is much more optimized and better at utilizing, rather than leaking ram, I would rather they -just- use old world models, geometries, and textures, with the occasional new piece of gear thrown in.  I don't appreciate their work in the graphics department, I'm sorry, I'm sure there is plenty of effort put in, but if I wanted newer better graphics, I'ld play a newer better game, EQ is about the content, the stories, and the quests.

AH, I see what you're talking about on the lifetap thing now: 

- The Shadowknight spells Touch of Kildrukaun and Touch of Severan that were linked together to share the reuse timer with a previous Game Update have been unlinked.

from an old patch message...

To that I say:  Whoopdedoo, again, comparing the highest level people who can gain all of their spells, against the whole community, and what an issue to bring to light too?  Shadowknight's have some of the crappiest spells in the game, when compared both with efficiency, and with comparative power to their parent class, we rank lowest among hybrids, a fix that allows us to burn mana faster, while carrying on our old raid utility(low resist DDs/lifetaps between melee -is- our only raid utility other than kiting based on the opinion of a few evilgamer.net forumites) compared to asking the development teams to sink time and money into either hiring on some temporary workers for graphics and models, or changing one line of text in six spell files (spell link, lore: touch of blahblah) to 0.

And not that I'm  upset with you or anything, but I honestly love Everquest the way it is, and I hope it lasts long enough for me to experience most of what is out there right now... thus them adding new things that do -nothing- to help me experience that, well... I think you could understand if my post comes off as a little snippy.  That and my "main" has been and always will be my shadowknight that I don't give much play time anymore, because I gave him over a year and a half of my life in played time heh.

I agree i like EQ the way it is. And the way is was.. before they hand out nerfs.. i'm just saying dont give us the power of so many nukes or fero's and then take it away!!! lol  =P

Grerowler

I am a Vah Shir, and would love either the newer Tigers or a newer tiger model, whichever is easier.

Might of been a better idea to set up polls for each race.
85 Beastlord
Heroes
Luclin Server

Tirath

Do we really see this getting done anytime soon. I know when I  was playing my necro,it took forever and a day for them to give necros' a new pet model. Said it wasn't a priority,since it was a cosmetic change...

Karilis

That's what worries me, if it's just a cosmetic thing, and they give us forcibly updated models, they waste money/resources on the graphical department, and a few lines of code in the spell department (summon warder x: load animation y, warder x model = )

If they give us new spells or aas to make the pet look differently, that takes time and resources from -the-most-important-department- in my opinion.  Because honestly, there are some classes whose spells I would really like revamped almost entirely from the ground up.

roff

i like the illusion idea!!!

Khauruk

To date, we have 7 for old models, and 46 for some form of new pet models.  I'd call that pretty overwhelming.

Once classes get started, and my job quiets down a bit next week, I'll be trying to start communication w/ the developers about this.  I like the illusion idea both for preference, and from a resource consumption standpoint. 

My "wish list" priorities would be that the spell is acquireable at low levels (30s or 40s at latest), and it would be nice if either there was a version which came pre-shrunk, or itemization would include more pre shrink clickies (and put those back to all lvl60ish pet focus items).

Would people prefer race-locked spells for the illusions, or each race being able to use any pet model?
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Jonaze

I voted "We want already existing in-game but newer models used"

The tigers used in PoR/TSS or maybe earlier? Are fine it was silly not to implement them when they first came out.

However if they made new better looking ones that would be fine too but really I don't want to wait another 8 years before they made them so IMO they have the models already made and done with it.  Just do it and lets move on.