Main Menu

returning 75 beast with usual questions...

Started by trixbro, August 25, 2008, 09:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trixbro

Hey all,
    Returning beasty here, havent played since TSS. Lemme just say wow to the inflation of gear hp in that time. Below is a pretty current magelo not up to date on a few aa's though. I understand there will be upgrades for gear in the bazaar and i had about 200k on me when I stopped playing. Been reading up on solteris/guk/bb etc.. I will be starting out solo, but should soon have a friends old druid to box. Think its 70 with 300ish aa's. I have about 500aa's on bst. Question now is where do I go for xp and gear.
-baz cultural is pretty good from what I hear?
- rss and sunder are hotzones, so will be hitting those (as well as bb for gear)
-is it worth factioning solo missions in tbs? from what i understand you dont get currency from them. I know the gear is nice, but since it and the gear is droppable, I can just have a friend purchase it if I get the currency from group missions...
-tss group drops are mostly duoable except chest and legs, so i figure i could hit those for drood
-sof solo missions provide currency and faction? Are there nice gear sets like tbs? Ive read about the ear with focus and would love to have that.
-mainly wondering if i should hit anywhere for faction while grinding aa's/xp. and what i could do at the levels of the toons currently.
-should i level the beasty at first or aa some more at current level? Was thinking about hitting 76 then aaing some while drood levels up to me.
many thanks

trixbro gatoraide
prexus server

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1181732

Volo

Baz cultural is solid, but incredibly expensive. Gnollish Leather gear is more cost effective.

RSS would probably wreck you currently. Sunderock would be fine. Fairly sure BB is back to its lowbie version.

TBS stuff is worth doing for the Katta merchant gear and the hand aug.

If you want grossly easy grinding for both toons, just hang out at the farm in DSH and turn tasks there for a while. Easy Strike Force faction, a piece of the face aug, and pretty much no-hassle AAs. 3 nameds spawn, too, so you might could line your pockets a bit.

I'd say work AAs a bit on the bst, most notably CS and CA.

Karilis

One thing that everyone should do, is read all of the guides on the following pages:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/guides.html

It happens to be most of the expansions that most people missed out on, it tells you what the "tiered visible gear" sets are in each expansion, as well as factions created/used in the expansion, main quests(usually an augment or charm quest) progression, boss of the expansion, abilities introduced, new gameplay mechanics introduced, etcetera.

Even if you think you "remember" all there was to know about an expansion on that page, read it anyway.

*Edited to note* : Don't waste your time with the stupid guides like max stats and keys to the tower of frozen shadows, and anniversary hunts lol.  What I was referring to was the expansion guides.

trixbro

Thanks for info. Does the strike force faction work for spell vendors?

Volo

Quote from: trixbro on August 26, 2008, 07:32:09 PM
Thanks for info. Does the strike force faction work for spell vendors?
There's no spell vendor associated with Strike Force (or if there is I'm retarded and haven't found him), but you need faction with them to eventually embed steamcores into your gear.

Nusa

There's a Strike Force spell vendor (one of the clockworks near the cannon in Dragonscale Hills), but no Beastlord spells are found there. Our faction-resticted spells on on other factions from other vendors in other zones.

trixbro