Main Menu

9/11/08

Started by Inphared, September 11, 2008, 06:57:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inphared

If you knew someone, know someone, or are someone, that was affected by the incident seven years ago, you have my condolences and thoughts.

If you are someone that works in anything that puts you in harms way such as fire fighting, law enforcement, or anything of the sort, you have my utmost respect.

In memory of those who lost their lives on 9/11/01. *Hat off*

Furryclaws

I just want to echo what Inphared has said. I will always remember where I was and how powerful watching what was going on was on the T.V.

nedoirah

Ex-air force here w/ 2 tours in Persian Gulf.

It was a sad day though I wish that this trajedy does not lose perspective like Pearl Harbor has. After time goes by, people become less sensitive to the events that change our daily lives.

I have family in NYC but fortunately for me I didn't lose any of them that day.

Nusa

I don't think Pearl Harbor has lost perspective, despite happening 67 years ago. More people died in the towers than at Pearl Harbor (~2400, mostly military, about half of those from the Arizona), but both events galvanized public opinion and changed lives forever. Never forget that ~70 million people (~400,000 Americans) died in World War 2...the toll in Afghanistan and Iraq pales in comparision to that, even though the conflict has lasted much longer and is still up close and personal for some of us.

Denti

Certainly a moment i will never forget, was doing 4 domestic flights that afternoon when we got the news step by step. Yup, im flying commercially so of course i do see that and all that followed over the years from that point of view. And in Europe, so we didn't had to shut down, but it was damn hard to continue the duty that day.

The event did affect anyone working in aviation and continues to do so every single day. In some respects the terrorists have won, sad as that is.

I have never witnessed anything like that from passengers or air traffic control as on that day.

Hats off to all that had to work on the site, and equally hats off to all air crews and air traffic controllers that had to basicly shut down flight operation over a whole continent and the north atlantic.

And yes, i know im late, i usually just never visit this forum :)