Main Menu

Solo 80bst + clr merc

Started by Volo, September 06, 2009, 03:35:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Volo

So, first off, my magelo: http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1394462
It's slightly outdated; most of the gear should be the same, but I've got about 40 more AA's. I'll update those once I get my game patched and can log in and whatnot.

Now then, the question: since I'm not 2boxing my shaman anymore, my old ideas aren't quite workable. I mean, if my option is basically "lol just grind easy AA's for a while," I can hang around in PoFire towers and just hammer those out, but I'd like to do something slightly more productive, if possible.

If I have to pick up Seeds of Destruction for this, I will -- hell, some of the AAs look amazing.

Thanks in advance, folks.

Edit: Also, is there a handy priority list for AA's regarding "take X Y then Z for most DPS" or "take A B then C for more survivability"? I know nothing about EQ theorycrafting/parsing.

Dilgartownguard

Max bestial frenzy, it should have been at max 370 aa's ago.

Volo

Dilgartownguard

If you'll be soloing alot then 1 rank of beastlords feral kick will help as it makes you immune to ripostes. Bite of the asp has a pretty good return on dps for aa's spent. Veteran's wrath, burst of power, warder's alacrity are good for dps increases. Might want to max out focused paragon and hastened focused paragon as well as spell casting reinforcement mastery as in group gear a larger percentage of our dps comes from spells. Those would allow you to have alot more mana to work with.

Blarp

the aa's listed are a good start,  But  i would move from PoFire to Rss's or vald as right now val;d is a hot zone the pit would be easy for you i am thinking.  also i would try tog et  2 nice 1h weapons. would up your dps alot.

Blarp

also,  if u sefver hop i am sure many of us are willing to make you a Full set of armor with sublime aug's its not a whole lots betetr but 450 HP armor for you is an upgrade.  also when underfoot comes out that armor will be a Mewga upgrade for you. so if u can save some plat/ work on tailoring.  it will be well worth it.

jitathab

Typically the older the expansion the faster the AA as mobs have less hp and less dps. As Blarp says RSS is a great zone for BST, take Fire camps and avoid the dogs and stuff.

However, you are just grinding for grinding sake, if you want meaningful you need to move on over to SoD stuff start in Oceangreen and do quests there to start void progression, XP is much worse but you are "progressing" your toon. The gear rewards from Zeb might be worth it as well.

Google Raspers for a progression check list.

Volo

Quote from: jitathab on September 14, 2009, 01:10:44 PM
Typically the older the expansion the faster the AA as mobs have less hp and less dps. As Blarp says RSS is a great zone for BST, take Fire camps and avoid the dogs and stuff.

However, you are just grinding for grinding sake, if you want meaningful you need to move on over to SoD stuff start in Oceangreen and do quests there to start void progression, XP is much worse but you are "progressing" your toon. The gear rewards from Zeb might be worth it as well.

Google Raspers for a progression check list.
I'm having a hell of a time finding people who need / are willing to help with progression. I haven't encountered a SINGLE other person who's still on Oceangreen, so even though I've been able to request Beat the Blackburrow Boss for about a week now, I can't get anybody to help me actually finish it.

I've also looked into getting some tier gear from Field of Scale (or Tosk and just downgrading the essence), but named in both zones are permanently camped by mini-raids trying to get drops for their alts' alts' alts.

Re: Gear and AAs: I picked up Bite of the Asp and finished out Feral Swipe, which I'm quickly finding to be some of the best points invested. I upgraded my weapon to Simple Wooden Staff, which seems to be giving me more DPS than my old Bloodclaw/2.0 was putting out, if only marginally. I'll have to hunker down on a good parse mob overnight and just run straight melee damage to see for sure. (I hear the Cleric GM in Commonlands is good for running parses, is this true?) I also grabbed the Cha-based charm from Tosk and a new neck as well. I'm at around 16k and change unbuffed.

Dilgartownguard

General rule for beastlords: Never under any circumstances use a 2hb. Even with one several tiers higher then the 1 handed weapons, you'll be losing dps.

Blarp

i'll loot up some weapons in baz for you. if u dont have alot of ties to your server then maybe look at moveing. i know i'm allways willing to help poeple. i noramly farm ess's on tribunal all day and give them to  mains alts who ever needs em. i can also make u  Cult armor. so  helps out there hard to find at times.  could get u a good 1hb from tosk u can use to.

Volo

Hah, ooooooook, so I sort of caved and reupped my shaman account. Now I'm working with tank merc, clr merc, 80shm and 83bst. STILL sitting on the last task for OGH prog, but I'm pretty sure once I get back in my rhythm I'll be able to box it (atm with how rusty I am, two-pulls are rough).

Khauruk

Have the add pretargetted w/ sham, and VP him to behind you for CC, if you need.
TURNCOAT!!!!!