Main Menu

RSS hot zone

Started by Wolventail, September 17, 2008, 05:38:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolventail

I haven't checked it out yet, anyone know if its worth soloing, or any strats, basic information on it?

Wolventail

Volo

If entrance mobs are any indication, I'd say no. I get almost as good aaxp in PoFire: 8% there to RSS's 9% per kill.

Unless there are camps further in from the entrance that have significantly easier mobs, it's really not worth the run imo.

Maylian

It probably depends on your gear to be honest. I know I was happily PLing my little druid bot in RSS with very little problem at the statue / Queen camp at the top. If you can take the hits and have a reliable enough snare capacity then its worth going, especially since the quality of the hot zone augs are likely to be pretty decent as well as the standard augs you can get there.

If you're soloing though you'll probably have a rough time of it unless you get one of the good camps since 90% of the rooms have roamers go through them with only a very small area that is "safe". RSS is always a favourite for me though so I would say its worth going. Just be aware there are lots of casters either clerics or enc's as well as the standard warrior type mobs. If you have the LDoN pet aug then you'll probably find that will disrupt the casters the majority of the time but some of the nameds will charm if you're saves aren't high enough. Alternatively if you just sit at the zone in there are plenty of static mobs around the walls you can safely single pull to the middle and kill before they wander back to agro anything at low health.

Furryclaws

I actually hit 69 yesterday and some friends took me too RSS to help out another friend get a certain aug for a quest.

It's a pretty nice size zone, we didn't actually get to kill anything cause a lot of it was camped at the time including the mob that drops the aug for friend so we went to HoS. So I can't comment on the xp there but we got around pretty easy with invis.

Wolventail

thanks for the replys, anyone that does hunt here mind sharing how many aa they can make in a lesson and which camp they are hunting at?

Offilio

I have been soloing a bit out there recently, so far ive gotten about 5-6ish AAs per lessons.  Mostly there to PL my druid and rogue.

Maylian

Depending upon DPS you'll probably find firstly that the fire side is best for you for obvious reasons. There are two good camps on fire side which is Statue/Queen which is right at the top of the zone and has 7/8 static mobs and a couple of roamers that come to the top of the stairs, 2 mobs are PH's for nameds.

The other main fire camp is Riftseeker which is the last tunnel on the right going up the stairs then heading round to the left. Again there are several static mobs and a few more roamers but they don't get as close and 2 named PH's. When I was soloing I could quite happily clear any of these rooms and then clear all roamers in the corridors and a couple of the other smaller rooms before getting repops but I can't tell you how many AA's I'd get since I never counted or bothered using lesson.

Otherwise you'll often get people just standing at the bottom of the fire staircase clearing roamers and some rooms which will provide you plenty of nameds and mobs to kill. Just be aware that a lot of the mobs can see invis so you need to be careful when running around especially since people inevitably will kill the roamers and they'll probably came back as SI.

Kitathia

If no one else is at the ent you can easily single pull and solo the mobs. I'm not ubah -geared but I can solo there decently. Working on getting the lil new doodah high enough to come in and sit and soak up exp. She is only 63 atm. Noticed that if I get the time - she should get about a level an hour tagging along me killing the murks in WoS. Turned out to be WAY better exp then DSH for her. I think they lowered the minimum level for there to 65. Also wanna test and see if my 80 cleric can tank RS with assistance of my 73 shm. However if you can get a group exp/AA will move along so much faster.

KitKat

Savage Spirit http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1265061 KitKat -80 Beastlord - Quellious

wildwaters

Magelo? with about 15-16k unbuffed hp I could solo the entrance and tank the zone with ease with my cleric bot healing. Pretty easy duo. I'm betting with 12-13k its a little tuffer but doable with some dps. I havent gone since it was a HZ but when I was farming augs for my sk it was damn fine aa exp imo >.<
    They used to do the zone with what 10k lvl 70 tanks? At 76-80 should be a cake walk with a healer.

-wild

Azire

I burned lesson in RSS when I was 80 and it was a hotzone. Usually got 6 AAs during that time. As I leveled and they took the XP bonus away, I didn't go back to solo there. I did take my bard there to level and while there I checked her AA XP with me. She was getting 10% a kill. Which is very good because they are easy, fast kills. So I figured I would burn lesson one day to see what I would get solo at 85/1200+. I was surprised to find out that I still got 6AAs for my lesson burn.