Main Menu

76 cleric 80 bst and ???

Started by wildwaters, September 29, 2008, 09:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildwaters

Hi all, I was wondering what to three box with my current duo. I'm debating dps/utility. My current set up has me (a 80 bst 800 aa [max def] with 18k unbuffed hp maxed avoid and shield) and my 76 cleric (975 aa's 12k mana unbuffed). I have boxed a 70 sk with 400 aa's and also a 72 necro with 250 aa as my third but was wondering if any of you have a suggestion for an easy third box. I can PL to 65 in a couple days and obtain around a few hundred aa in a matter of a couple months if i so choose.
   I have the necro with me and could move over an under aad 73 shaman or my 400 aa 70 sk or start fresh. My dps isn't horrible but the cleric runs lom - oom on mobs with high hp when i need to patch (example When I tank icecrack and the add togther in FC the cleric tends to run oom allthough it is doable - when i do em one at a time its easy [I often focused paragon him which gets em through when i get both but its iffy})
   What is the easiest dps to third box and the easiest to get to a high level of dps?

thanks
                                  -wild

newbeast

Personally i would use a mage to trio box as that is another pet to help tank plus stuns and dmg shield and also freebie toys and good amount of damage from spells. all of which you can hot key. press 1 to 3 hotkeys and there you have it wrapped up in a box.

Obsessedwith

i second the mage suggestion, nice nice addition

Maylian

I'm thinking you should either stick with the necro as they're great dps, mana feeds, pulls, fd and obviously rez's if the cleric dies. Alternatively I would think that a wizard would be a great addition, huge damage, roots and evac / ports are all very good for a box.

nedoirah

I use a mage as my third atm. I have the same box though my bst doesn't have the hp yours does and my cleric doesn't have the aa yours does. But my mage is 75 atm with 15 aa already. It works fine for me. There are advantages to each class you choose so figure out your play style and weigh in what each class can bring then decide.

wildwaters

I dont really wanna do mage cause my buddy three boxs two mages and a cleric - we have good dps but when its just me I need a hair more for those high hp mobs in TSS TBS and SoF. I think I'll stick with the necro for now, seems pretty clean. Plus hes allready 72 with an aa base  to work off of. I predict ill have a few hundred more in a couple months >.< thanks for the feedback.

Ganellon D'Alinor

Would go for a sk or war. Will save you lots of mana for sure, even low aa sk/war will already be a better tank than a bst so bst can focus on full dps, easy way to ae aggro with both, and pretty good dps coming in addition. Got a pref for the sk to pull a bit if you need to split a few and clr paci not enough

wildwaters

One of the problems I have with my SK is the amount of time it will take to get him to where he can out tank me. I am now raiding 6 nights a week so I wouldnt have the time to get him extremely well geared ;/ Of course I may give it a try.

Shieara

Wizard is not a bad choice as well.  It's an easy box, adds respectable dps and also some utility with respect to ports.  Necro would be fine though also, especially since you already have one on tap.  They just take a bit more work to manage but it's not that bad.

wildwaters

So I moved my sk over to my server and I am remembering why i loved him so much hehe.

Btw this should probably be moved to th emultioxing thread where I meant to put it if any moderators are on >.<

wildwaters

Hehe Im glad I stuck with sk, i got him his 2.0 and his dps got better and I click it every five minutes oo la la