Main Menu

Mercs

Started by jabby, October 10, 2008, 06:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jabby

I play on test and was wondering if anyone else has had time to try out the mercs...

I was messing around with a healer merc and it did really well, healing my mage pet like a champ. Im sure a beastie could make very good use of one.

Khauruk

It'll be interesting to see how good/bad the AI is.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Tanot

From what I have read on the test server forum the AI is actually quite good. Somebody said that his cleric merc was doing pretty much what he would do on his bot cleric and, although it did let him get low a couple of times, he never actually died. The buffing seems to work OK although it might need a little bit of tuning (casting symbol sometimes when PC didn't have druid skin etc) but overall seems pretty positive - can't wait to try them out!

bobokatt1970

Can someone please tell me if you can have a MERC and your pet as well? Yes right?  I can't imagine why (except if you are totally broke) why at all times you would simply not have a cleric based merc with you.  That is the only thing I have ever missed when I don't 2 or 3 box... and that is the occasional heal.  I can do everything else just cant heal myself all day.  Would truly make this game a bit more interesting to say the least if this was possible.  Not asking for a chain CHeal merc that never runs out of mana but dang it would be cool to have the occasional heal I don't have to pray I get a crit or dont get stunned LOL.

Nusa

Yes.

Because a merc takes up a slot in the group. A competent real cleric should still outperform a merc cleric, and you don't have to pay him.

Remains to be seen if the plat cost of mercs will be affordable or sustainable. Those numbers are always up in the air until the launch happens...and are quite likely to be adjusted a week after launch too.