Main Menu

SoD pet stats (for all classes)

Started by Thorgador, October 15, 2008, 03:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorgador

The data is taken from the beta and summed up into a chart.

It shows the pets base : 
LVL / MAX_HP / BASE_AC / BASE_DAMAGE / MIN_DAMAGE / ATTACK_SPEED / BASE_ATTACK / EXTRA_OFFENSE

Sod Pet Data Sheet

Hope link works if not send me a PM if you want it.

Vidyne

That's kind of a hard table to understand, but nice :)
A lot of it is unclear as to what it actually means.

Just from guessing on the numbers in that chart since I don't understand half of them, this means...
Pet dps:

1.  Magician
2.  Enchanter/Shadow Knight
3.  Beastlord
4.  Necromancer
5.  Shaman

?

Thorgador

Quote from: Vidyne on October 15, 2008, 03:20:14 PM
That's kind of a hard table to understand, but nice :)
A lot of it is unclear as to what it actually means.

Just from guessing on the numbers in that chart since I don't understand half of them, this means...
Pet dps:

1.  Magician
2.  Enchanter/Shadow Knight
3.  Beastlord
4.  Necromancer
5.  Shaman

?

Pet dps can olnly be guessed if no parses are done. What we got so far as parses go with new pet is what some in beta did see post e: SoD Beastlord Spells / Abilities and General Overview.
Those parses put our new pet at 300 melee dps with Enhanced Minion 3 focii. It will vary from on focii to another, mob level, buffs on pet, but don't expect muc changes from that number ( +/- 30 dps I would gues at most variance) using same pet.

As for the chart, the most usefull data there is the base HPs your pet will have given the focii you wear when summoned. The base and min damage are a guess of what you will see when your pet hits (cant remember formulae but I think max damage is base x3 or somewhat similar) atack speed is a set amount for all "regular" pets (2800).

Regarding Pet dps you have to bear in mind that either of Enchanter/SK/SHaman pets are going to be enhanced by any focii (so far lol) and that those classes do not hace any dps enhancing aa's (although shaman group proc line could arguably enhance SHM pets dps by a large amount, but its not a pet-specific proc).
All in all giving that SK/chanter pet survives I guess they could be a bit over bst's pets in dps department, but that should be parsed.

About Necro pets beein lower dps than bsts that I would like to see that thru parses lol :-)

Rabekiz

A few other things to consider, our pet haste contains a % dm mod that is superior to champion, we can further boost this with puma and our disc. Additionally, mage, necro and bst pets are the only pets w/ self-procs. Lastly, mage and necro pets can backstab which gives them a substantial boost in DPS over us.

I think its rather interesting how much our warder has stagnated in DPS while SKs and enchanters have caught up to us in pet power.

Vidyne

I was comparing our pet to the 82 necro pet, not the 85, which I should have been doing.   The 85 looks superiror.

As far as the focuses(focii?) go,  I have enhanced minion 1, yet I don't see that listed on the sheet?

Thorgador

Quote from: Vidyne on October 15, 2008, 04:43:28 PM
I was comparing our pet to the 82 necro pet, not the 85, which I should have been doing.   The 85 looks superiror.

As far as the focuses(focii?) go,  I have enhanced minion 1, yet I don't see that listed on the sheet?

Its listed as New Focus 1 (original name before they renamed to Enhanced Minion 1 if I am not mistaken).

Vidyne

This AC value listed...

Is that Raw AC or displayed AC?
A while ago I noticed a discussion on another forum or perhaps it was here, I don't know, where they talked about raw vs displayed ac.

A Paladin wearing 900ac(count up the ac on the gear), had around a displayed AC of 2500.
Therefore I'm wondering if these are "raw" AC values for the pet, or if they would be "displayed" values.
If they are raw, the pet might be a decent tank(compared to our bad mitigation and softcap)... if they are displayed.... well we aren't supposed to let the pet tank I guess.

Thorgador

Quote from: Vidyne on October 15, 2008, 08:23:46 PM
This AC value listed...

Is that Raw AC or displayed AC?
A while ago I noticed a discussion on another forum or perhaps it was here, I don't know, where they talked about raw vs displayed ac.

A Paladin wearing 900ac(count up the ac on the gear), had around a displayed AC of 2500.
Therefore I'm wondering if these are "raw" AC values for the pet, or if they would be "displayed" values.
If they are raw, the pet might be a decent tank(compared to our bad mitigation and softcap)... if they are displayed.... well we aren't supposed to let the pet tank I guess.

Pets AC works differently than players as far as I know. The values shown would be the equivalent to a players Raw AC (take in mind that bst pets are warrior class). Anyway I am not totally sure on this issue, we would need to do defensive parses on pet with no buffs and see how added ac from pet toys and spells benefits them...

Khauruk

AC:  Aye, mob and pet AC work differently.  Pet AC values are very low, and small changes do a heckuva lot.

Pets:  One nice thing is that though our regular pet seems like it'll be gimpy, the focus scaling on Howl pets is **very** nice.  From unfocused to EM3 (I think it was), there was a good doubling of dps from the howl pet.
TURNCOAT!!!!!