Main Menu

Beast-Magi-Druid?

Started by Xennova, October 29, 2008, 03:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xennova

Well idea behind this would be to tank with beastlord, CoH pull when need and dot - heal with druid.
Give me pretty much all need but no resurection wich can be help with mercenarie i would say....also if i decide to do some boss would a tank merc be better at tanking than us? 
Its pretty hard to tell if they are good or not so far and i find it hard to parse but have not really try.

other idea was Beast-druid-cleric but dps seems a bit low and i do not want to loose  port....and i honestly really hate boxing a wizard just not me i guess.  can a cleric do ok dps with just spell i do not really ffeel like having 2 melee

Khauruk

Druids can rez now, starting at lvl59.  CoH + Druid would be effective for breaking camps that have a lot of open space.  Much less so indoors (until you're really good @ timing it at least).  As far as the tank merc, I haven't tried them out yet, so can't say.  But, you'll need good gear to be able to out-tank them, I'm sure.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Xennova

Yepper im really not sure if i should go for beastlord (76 with around 12khp 2000ac... unbuff 700 AA) or retire him and go with my SK (71 with 9k hp 2450ac but only 66aa).  But then i would need to either start a brand new shaman wich would take lot of time...

Gutterr

Depending on where you put your AAs on the bst you will find that his combo of slow/DPS will help your boxing up to a point.  The SK may be able to tank some mobs better, particularly names.  However, my bst does ok in most zones with a clr/mage boxed combo.  As stated before, the mage will help on breaking camps with the druid.  I use it to break some camps with my bst.  It takes a bit longer without snare (which your SK would have) but it is effective for me.  Having played a gimp sk and my bst, I'd stick with the toon that you 1) like to play more and 2) that you have spent the most time on.  Time spent on a toon (typically) equates to more AAs and better gear.

Just my opinion...

Khauruk

You'll definitely run into a wall w/ BST tankability if you only trio regularly.  Before I check out the SK option, I'd play w/ a merc for a week or so.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Xennova

Well so far in Direwind- i have well did a mini test...(not really parse or anything just observe with my eyes

Pull 2 griffon just next to entrance i pull one with slow and do not slow thee other

Cast a a Promised heal from 75 cleric the warrior get heal with around  35% hp left
With myself tanking him  suspend i get heal when im around 25 to 30%
Thats not a really big diference and just did this pull once each before resuming exping did not calculate how many time i got hit before he start to engage or someting (maybe 2 round). But they sure seems to tank pretty much like me but i have no idea how i could parse his defence and eqcompanion parser i had use in past does not work anymore(at least the link)
edited: him suspend not him unsuspend

Khauruk

Parsing - look for a program called GamParse.

What rank of merc was that?  Higher ranks tank better, etc,....
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Xennova