Main Menu

81-85 Hunting

Started by Meowzer, October 29, 2008, 06:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saniiro

I did alot of my 81-85 grind in RSS, when it was a hot-zone I was hard pressed to find any better xp even with a group.

I haven't tried out vald or dreadspire keep yet. But dreadspire has that fun 5 minute raid ooc timer on trash mobs to deal with.. so I'll probably try vald first.
Saniiro -- 75 Beastlord of Stromm <Final Door>

Saniiro's magelo

kindarring2

I got more exp in RSS when hotzone then I do in DSK or Vald. DSK has bad pathing and it does not have raid timer that I saw. But it sucked for exp. Vald was better exp and easy to group or solo. But the Aug from DSK is better lol.
Gimpbstlord  dam i need to update

Kindo dam i need to update

Padani

I know this isn't it's own topic yet BUT I am thinking of making the push to 85 and want some ideas of where to go grind it out solo w/ a merc.  I don't have a magelo but you can see my EQplayers thingy for my gear, I have almost 600AA evenly divided between off/def/ and utility AA's but mostly offensive (I think I am almost done with SoF Combat Agility will do Stability next)  anyways I am really looking for ideas on basically best xp vs effort (ie lowest amount of downtime).  Any help is appreciated :)

kindarring2

I would go FC/Ag AG is easier then Fc but think they would give a good return.

rhaug

attiki might be ok
or even direwind chain pulling
or ashengate and then the zonein and middlepath you can single them for sure with some timing
animals and other stuff in field of scale and kith is easy
and some ocean stuff is doable

try the new hotzones dreadspire and vald

with my merc i can do robot quiteok

rhaug

loping plains goblins or worgs maybe
or chain killing dragonhills might work also that seems a good one
since lower cons but fast mob drops is mostly good xp
the farm in dhs solo might be quik xp

make sure you getsome high dps weapons
that are available now
by cultural or tier3 4 5

kindarring2

I so need to find a how spot. I used to be able to get 10 aa's a lesson run solo in both RSS and brownies in DS (at 80). RSS is no longer a hot zone but I still can not pull those aa's out. In the hotzones I'm getting like 5 aa's a lessons solo Vald better aa exp for some reason easier pulls too. DS I'm getting around 4-5 per lessons run. Anyone find a good place to solo and burn aa's. I'm gear a tad better then most so my dps is kinda up there and I can take a beating soo I know I can go to higher tiers places. But I know someone also fines a nice spot no matter what with there gear and play style. Just trying to find that sweet spot again :)

Karve

I have a box mage with tank merc and myself with cleric merc, pulled 6 aa's off a lod last night in loping doing wereorcs and worgs.
Not sure what the mage got (hes level 78) - was+exp and +aa's

Did figure I can pull more often than I was, so this potentially is 8 or more.

The question is, would it be better to do these with just my merc cleric(slow), or solo (damn slow + fair downtime) or as I am, mob handed and able to take 1/min with no downtime.

Professional Mad Bastard.

kindarring2

Hmm I going to try that and see how many I can get. I have soloed there before but never liked the area.

rhaug

fort mechano maybe
if you can pull it chain singles
need a other char out of group then

chain killing in don nest maybe did not try that
or some other instant there