Main Menu

Promised Recovery Nerfed

Started by Nusa, November 02, 2008, 11:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panthur

EVERYTHING!!!

Fos trash, library trash. Kith trash, every trash. Trash the pet SHOULD NOT be dying so bloody fast to. It's got no defense, no damage, and is frustrating.

The mobs are only hitting 2.6k, slow is naturaly migitated to worthlessness. *I* am tanking 100% better then this pos pet. When I get 2 mobs on a pull, he cant do his half of the work and dies, then i die.

A weak pet, combined with an even weaker doom heal = path for disaster.

Vidyne

Ah,  those mobs are beyond me, so I haven't noticed.

He's been doing well tanking the 2000 hitters in Kithicor, which he tanks better than I do.

Panthur

If you use the lv 77 or whatever warder, it tanks better. Using the 83 pet it tanks worse. We went backwards. We are so far behind, we have arrived at yesterday.

Vidyne

I'm still trying to verify that our 78 pet does worse than the 83 pet..   Haven't found a time to set up with another Beastlord to test them in a duel.  Need to find a good testing group as well, but they removed parsing dummies from test.

Camikazi

Quote from: Vidyne on November 03, 2008, 07:37:39 PM
I'm still trying to verify that our 78 pet does worse than the 83 pet..   Haven't found a time to set up with another Beastlord to test them in a duel.  Need to find a good testing group as well, but they removed parsing dummies from test.

Why did they remove test dummies?

Vidyne

Khauruk

If somebody on Luclin wants to do this, I'm game.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Vidyne

I could fight you on test sometime :)

I was max aa before SoD, have an EM 1 focus.  Haven't bought any pet AA since SoD.

Obsessedwith

Quote from: Camikazi on November 03, 2008, 01:55:51 PM
Quote from: Obsessedwith on November 03, 2008, 01:08:52 PM
The healing they got was not "ours" truely anyway but should they have gotten it?

How can you say the Promised line was not ours? It was the only pet only Delayed heal, not the biggest one, the only pet based delayed heal and was BST only. And no I don't think they should have gotten it, considering how many times I have seen mages say that they should have defnesively better pets BECAUSE we can heal ours better. Well guess what? they can heal as well as we can now, while having a MUCH stronger pet in everyway.

We lost our healing advantage over them, so we should get pet boosted in other ways to make up for it, btw even if our pets tanked as well as theirs base, would still not mean we were equal, there is that little spell Earthen Stance, a little defensive that can be kept on pet up, mage only.

DPS wise? even base damage being the same we would not be over them, considering Frenzied Burnout is a disc for their pet and going from just spell data will do more then our Empathic Fury will.

I keep seeing that if a mages pet dies they will not survive, well from what I have seen if the mob is bad enough to kill off a mage pet, it will tear through us easier since we don't have 5k heals and 10k delayed heals we can cast on ourselves. With suspend minion if mages first pet dies and they have another, they can pop it out and have a chance to gate at the least, us? we pop out second pet watch it die in seconds with gate still needing another 5 sec to go off.

Our pets should not be 1/3rd the DPS or 1/3rd the tanking of mage pets, should be base closer to 70% on both, that is base, before their extra agility and stability pet AAs kick in (they get ranks we don't) or before their Earthen Stance spell.

It was clerics to begin with

Panthur

They came out atthe same time...at least I coulda swore they did....

Camikazi

Came out same time actually, same level for both Clerics and Beastlords too. if you wanted to use that argument, you could say SE isn't ours and should be given out since chanters has regen first. We had the only, pet only Delayed Heal, it WAS ours only. Being the only WIS class based pet class means we should heal better then necros or mages, just like they will always outnuke and outDoT us since they are INT classes.

With that healing advantage gone, our pets DPS and Tanking disadvantages should be lowered as well, since that was a primary reason to keep our pets down anyway. I still say Minax heal should be the one given to Necros and Mages, long cast time suits a mostly caster class better anyway, and Promised should have stayed Beastlord only.

Shamno

Quote from: Camikazi on November 04, 2008, 08:41:02 AM

Came out same time actually, same level for both Clerics and Beastlords too. if you wanted to use that argument, you could say SE isn't ours and should be given out since chanters has regen first. We had the only, pet only Delayed Heal, it WAS ours only. Being the only WIS class based pet class means we should heal better then necros or mages, just like they will always outnuke and outDoT us since they are INT classes.

With that healing advantage gone, our pets DPS and Tanking disadvantages should be lowered as well, since that was a primary reason to keep our pets down anyway. I still say Minax heal should be the one given to Necros and Mages, long cast time suits a mostly caster class better anyway, and Promised should have stayed Beastlord only.

I woulnd't ask Minaz in its current setup on anyone. Cast time is too long. Instant cast time maybe. Sure it be kind of like a promised heal but the difference will be there.

Camikazi

Lower cast time Minaz would have still been better then anything Necros or Mages had, and still left us being the best pet healers. i still say it would have been better for them then giving Mages our Promised line.

Saniiro

Me and a guildy beast with the same pet focus and AA's have dueled unbuffed warders (SoF vs SoD) before. SoF warder won with roughly 50% hp left.

Edit: To clarify, this is with Enhanced minion 4 and SoF pet aa's maxed - lacking SoD pet aa's.

We will do the test a few more times later, I'll post an average % health of SoF warder when SoD dies.
Saniiro -- 75 Beastlord of Stromm <Final Door>

Saniiro's magelo

Vidyne

Try it without focus items
I bet SoD will be closer.

I don't think SoD gets as much from focus items,  and I also don't think he has defensive skills/accuracy anywhere near SoF to begin with.