Main Menu

LF UpDated solo for 70+

Started by Zuran, November 04, 2008, 07:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zuran

Hello i have read alot of post's here and i see alot of the same places repeated for soloing which is great cause it means that their would'nt be a lot of travleing  :-D . I am looking for a up to date solo places i ahve all the expansions up to BS ( do not have have SoF / SoD ) . JUst ding'd 71 have  good gear (to me atleast) http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/character_profile.vm?characterId=601295725322 I have tryed WoS but for some reason have never been able to get to the murks there,always seem to get killed :cry: But i'm not counting it out either. But would love an up to dated list of great places to hunt / solo in up to BS for lv's 70-75. ALot of the post in here are like 6mo-1yr or older.Wether their still goodinfo or not dont know. But if anyone has a list of up todate places for 70-75 to hunt / solo / AA's would be greatly welcomed. :-D .

Orbus1

Hotzones are always a plus..in PoK right outside the lobby is aguy you can hail and he will tell you all the current hotzones.

wildwaters

With your gear level try some of the easier stuff, if you are having trouble with murks in wos I'd say you may be in some difficulty >.<
   Try sunderock springs or if yah can single pull some of the dodh zones like the hive or ruiins of illsalin those arent too bad. They hit harder than wos maybe but have low hp and probably better aa exp. Been awhile since I was 71 but I think I did Nobles Causeway as well.

Karilis

Hi, I never bothered with Walls of Slaughter, stuff runs too fast, hits too hard, and procs too much in the Omens of War expansion, especially if you're low geared and low aa'ed like I was.

Now I'm cookie cutter geared: full suit of gnollish, and tier 1/2 SoF jewelry, half augmented out with semi-decent augments, and 500 AAs at level 77...

Where was I at 70?  usually in Bastion of Thunder when it was the hotzone, so yes, Sunderrock Springs right now would be your choice spot.  There's also some fairly easy stuff to kill in The Buried Sea, anything that cons "This being looks quite weak" or wahtever.  Mostly animals.

Also check your tactics, are you doing what other people say to do?  Do you have the feral swipe aa?  Do you have the Rake combat ability?  Do you kick every time it pops?  Do you pull with slow, incapacitate, then step back  after your pet gets aggro and you lose a bit of health?  do you have Growl of the Panther/Puma/whatever from Dragons of Norrath?  use it before hitting Rake/Feral Swipe/Kick at the same time (In one hotkey.)

Or maybe you're a fan of kiting, you could theoretically buff your warder up with hobble of spirits, and Kite anything that doesn't summon, as long as you can keep aggro with flash of light, DoTs, and slows and nukes, obviously once you find what limits your mana bar has, you'll know about how many mobs you can kite in what zone, before having to med to full.  If it takes more than a full mana bar for a mob, it's probably inefficient... kiting itself is inefficient.

You may want to do non-combat tasks and monster missions to get AAs, I know I grinded out about 20 aas in monster missions when I came back.

I hope some of this may have been helpful.  Nothing much to say other than everquest.allakhazam.com  Look up some zones, check for mobs that are level 63-66, and kill those that you don't find too difficult.

wildwaters

The dain missions in icewell keep are pretty good aa - not sure if they nerfed it but I heard people are getting more than 2 aa per  amission? not bad.
   For regular exp you could try BoT too but I think yer better off getting a  group in RSS.
   For soloing I thought of DSH in addition to my earlier posts. Farm tasks might make that worthwhile if yer pet can tank there and you can get singles.

Zuran

Thanks for the info Karilis & Wildwater's. I really welcome it. will def.try those, and Karilis atm have only [aa]HoS,but will def.work on others.Honestly i have'nt been working on my [aa's] alot or at all. been working on level's more than anything. but i welcome all advice and info. Again many thanks!

wildwaters

Personally I see us as rather aa dependent - don;t get too far ahead of yourself on aa.

Ouriik

Aye.. You might want to get at least a few of the standard combat Agility/stability AA's to tank a little better before trying anything too harsh.