Main Menu

BB first raid

Started by Latang, November 11, 2008, 07:58:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latang

Quote from: Inphared on December 04, 2008, 02:06:47 AM
Quote from: Latang on December 04, 2008, 02:03:02 AM
are you saying that your guilds just walked into BB and DIDN'T ask your friend in other guilds who were on beta what the basic gist of the event was?

Entirely correct.

I should have been more specific. What I meant was you just walked into BB and did 2 or 3 attempts + fails and still didn't ask your friend in other guilds who were in beta blah blah etc..

If that's the case then my hat comes off to you all. I really think it must be a basic intelligence thing, or maybe lateral thinking that allows you guys to do that. With 20/20 hindsight, I suppose we would have tried that eventually, but... not with me leading the raid. Which is probably why I don't :)

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

Inphared

Quote from: Latang on December 04, 2008, 07:46:06 AM
Quote from: Inphared on December 04, 2008, 02:06:47 AM
Quote from: Latang on December 04, 2008, 02:03:02 AM
are you saying that your guilds just walked into BB and DIDN'T ask your friend in other guilds who were on beta what the basic gist of the event was?

Entirely correct.

I should have been more specific. What I meant was you just walked into BB and did 2 or 3 attempts + fails and still didn't ask your friend in other guilds who were in beta blah blah etc..

Correct again.

Guilds guard their information fiercely. It's part of the progression grind. Survival of the fittest. Best of the best. That sort of thing.

Denti

It all depends. I know raging fury tested that raid and invited members from nearly all competing guilds serverwide to join them (thats how i was able to join). Since there was no map of the zone most of the time actually went into moving parts of the raid around and not testing anything, second higehst amount was spent on adjusting the mundungus and the hatelist restriction (thanks to pet users it got upped from the original 6), only one or two runs were made at the named after that part. If i recall correctly it is Ngreths first ever attempt on designing a raid and for that i have to applaud him, although balancing seems to be a big overall thing for SoD and is therefore not really liked.

Latang

Quote from: Inphared on December 04, 2008, 08:07:00 AM

Guilds guard their information fiercely. It's part of the progression grind. Survival of the fittest. Best of the best. That sort of thing.

Quote from: Denti on December 04, 2008, 10:41:15 AM
It all depends. I know raging fury tested that raid and invited members from nearly all competing guilds serverwide to join them (thats how i was able to join).

... And you wonder why us old guys get so confused.  :roll:

Or maybe you don't. Who cares. Level playing field.

Denny Krane. Mad Cow.

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

jitathab

So what IS the limit on numbers and do swarm pets count towards it?

Denti

I would suggest to not use swarm pets...

And it is really not all that confusing. Guilds do guard their strats and secrets and yet on beta sometimes they have to invite others on request of devs (although they allways ask beforehand). Beta is something of a carefully kept environment where normal competition is somewhat dampened. On live servers after an expansion is there for all it is certainly a a dog eats cat world until second tier guilds beat the raids and spread the strats.

jitathab

We found out what was doing wrong, and apart from making the groups up this is a very easy event. Its possible to do with no adds at all.

Orbus1

When we do the raid we don't get any adds, obviously we did when trying to figure out, but not now. Like someone said earlier, once this raid is figured out it is pretty trivial for the quality of loot that drops.

Our guild is one of the ones that like to try and figure out what to do. We just spent maybe 4-5 weekends 6-8 wipes per Sunday figuring out General Bahgresh but he died this past Sunday. The fact that we did it on our own with minimal help was awesome.