Main Menu

Ward of Life/Death in AC: Anyone every do this?

Started by Ukator Iceblood, January 23, 2004, 03:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ukator Iceblood

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=11715

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=12546

Looking to see how hard this might be. My guild isn't a raiding guild, but they like to do different types of raids when we do. Seems interesting, just wondering how it stacks up to other mobs.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Mindlet

This is a fun event but not an easy one.

Step 1.
Set up a couple of groups at the cauldron and about 3-4 down in the cells.
Start the event.
The ward of death will pop in the cauldron room. Kill him fast. There are sacrifices that head to the cauldron and if they get there he gets CHed.
While that is happening jammers and skellys will spawn in the 2 cells down the bottom. Down the jammers as fast as possible. They will not attack back they just keep casting. Mezz skelly and if theres no jammers up kill them. If you manage to kill the jammers fast enough the ward of life will become targetable.
Kill it.
You have to kill both of these in under 10 mins. If you hit 10 mins with either up you will loose.

Step 2.
With the 2 wards dead the sliding floor will now open when you click on it.
Down there are 2 cats in rings.
You have to choose which to kill and which to save. (I'll not tell you which it is you can work that out. It doesn't really matter that much though because the wrong one will drop some nice loot anyway.)
If you killed the wrong one the event ends here.
If you killed the correct one you can then open the next door.

Step 3.
Raise the bridge and cross the lava. (How you do this isn't that hard to work out)
Clear the trash mobs.
Pull Khati Sha.
4 guards will become targetable when you pull him.

At this point I can't provide more info beause we wiped.  Twice. The trash didn't seem to respawn.  So we could have kept trying but it got late so we left.

Nusa

Mindlet's description is right on. Put all the pet users in the ward of death group -- the AE's are going to drag all the pets up there anyway. Get your disease resist way up with a bard to resist the AE's. Once death is dead, everyone can run down and help in the cages.

First attempt, we OT'ed Khati Sha and killed the guards. Poof, all four guards respawned when the last one died. We then wiped, but slow enough to camp some people.

Second attempt, we OT'ed all four guards and killed Khati Sha. Then killed the guards. Worked like a charm, no deaths.

Was a lot of fun figuring it out, with all the spoilers to be found giving incomplete and sometimes conflicting advice on various aspects of the event. Next time we'll do it with fewer people.

a_moss_snake_001

Khati Sha is a bad ass. Wiped 4 / 8 raids on that son of a ****.

Nusa

We wound up with 2 copies of Spirit of Flame from this event.  I know one dropped on the warder of  life. Not sure which mob the other was from, just know 4 of the 7 beastlords present rolled on it.