Main Menu

Bloody Kithicor - Safe Passage

Started by Saniiro, December 02, 2008, 03:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saniiro

I just thought I would post a heads up about this bugged, pita task that is required for void progression. I finished it myself before this bug, but went back to help a guildy get this mission and realized that it's terribly broken.

The commonlands part of the task has bugs, but it's still quite winable. Just pull the ambushers away from the army of light mobs a lil bit, because army of light mobs can assist the enemy pets.

The kithicor part of task is where it is bugged beyond belief. When you tell the colonel that you are ready to move the refugees, they will fail to spawn and you get a message that you will be booted in 10 min because all the refugees are dead. The colonel and his army of light friends will also randomly attack you and kill themselves, thus insta-failing your task.

So here is what to do, when you zone into kith - get your scouting updates and clear the obliteration mobs in and around the first 2 houses where you zone in. (Colonel and army of light mobs attack non-ambush mobs now.) After the oblit mobs around the 2 houses are clear, tell the colonel that you are ready to move the refugees. You will get the 10 minute warning, but you can still win the task. Quickly agro the colonel with a SoW'd pet (before colonel can randomly agro a group member and suicide), then drag colonel to his update point. Zone out to void then back into static kith, get your hails and win. This works because colonel kills himself if agro'd by a player, but not if he's agrod on a pet.

I hope this prevents atleast someone from suffering a few hours of failed tasks due to bugs.

Disclaimer: did not disvoer this strat myself.
Saniiro -- 75 Beastlord of Stromm <Final Door>

Saniiro's magelo

Inphared

Three boxed the whole thing, using this strat.

Pain in my freakin' butt.

Thanks though, this worked just like you described.

jitathab

This will work up to the patch...

In commonlands, kill the first few guards, pet tags the colanel, run along the south wall to kith zone line say "scout"  to the colanel to get ported to Kith, he hits you a bit but its np.

Then do kith as described below.

However this is gtting fixed in the patch.

kindarring2

Its not fixed yet did it just the way he has it (well i had to kill pet when mob got to camp) but got the win with np
Gimpbstlord  dam i need to update

Kindo dam i need to update

Panthur

Newb quetion, but when u hail the colonel in Kith (part 2), do you tell him Moving as well or just hail him, and then his ass to his update point like in commonlands part?

EDIT: NM. I only hailed him, draged his arse to spot, then told him moving and spam hailed him while kiting him and 50000 frigging animals.

Inphared

Quote from: Panthur on December 16, 2008, 06:48:02 PM
EDIT: NM. I only hailed him, draged his arse to spot, then told him moving and spam hailed him while kiting him and 50000 frigging animals.

Animals shouldn't agro Beastlords. What did you do wrong?

jitathab

dont need to "moving" hail before the drag

kindarring2

After hail invis make pet attack drag him slowly make sure you stay in combat, If you leave combat you will have to find him and re-drag (that works I had to do that) once you get into camp he will still go after pet. Have pet go away and you will get update. Atleastthats how it was for me.
Gimpbstlord  dam i need to update

Kindo dam i need to update

Panthur

I was on mage at the time. And animals assist the colonel, who runs at half speed, hence any animals catch up to me fast and have to be rooted or snared by goup.

I would be invis, colonelwould walk by a bear, bear would instantly assist and agro my pet or me. Regardless of if iw as invis or not.So annoying.