Main Menu

Thurgadin Gate Potions

Started by Dakat, March 10, 2004, 01:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakat

This is actually done in the 4th Prayer Shawl quest. However you do not need to have done any Shawl quest to actually get and make the gate potions.

Here is the actual text you need to follow to create the potion. You will still have to get your pottery skill to 122+ to make it trivial.

Go to Thurgadin

You say, 'Hail, Frundle Frenklar'

You say, 'What velium vapors?'

Frundle Frenklar says 'Ahh, you come seeking my family recipe? After all you've done for our people it's the least I can do. First you must fashion a velium vial, then combine the vial with two small pieces of velium in this jar. That's all there is to it. Please keep the recipe a secret.'

You say, 'What velium vial?'

Frundle Frenklar says 'I'm no potter mind you, but if I remember correctly it's a small brick of velium, three crystalline silks, and two glass shards. Then you'll have to finish up by firing it in a kiln with a high quality firing sheet.'

You receive a Velium Purifier.

Small Pieces of Velium and Small Blocks of Velium can be looted on Ry'Gorr Minors in Crystal Caverns or off spiders in Velketor's Labyrinth.

Crystalline Silk can be found on spiders in both zones.

1) Combine a small (7 lb) brick of velium, three unstacked crystalline silks and two glass shards (store bought) in a pottery wheel. You will receive an Unfired Velium Vial.

2) Combine the Unfired Velium Vial and a HQ firing sheet in the kiln and receive a Velium Vial.

3) Combine the Velium Vial and two unstacked small pieces of Velium in the Velium purifier. The Velium Purifier disappears and you are left with a Vial of Velium Vapors. The vial is a lore item and has one charge of gate to Thurgadin.

The vial is trivial at skill 122.

zaab

From my web site, here is the way to get  pottery to 122 in under 2 hours.  I used to do this in Rivervale, as the needed vendors are close together.  But I understand in PoK, they are next to each other.  To make it go faster, put 20 skill points in pottery first and get a KEI.

HOW TO GET YOUR POTTERY SKILL FROM 0 to 122 in about  ONE HOUR!

0-102 Skill -
Combine in pottery wheel:
1 small block of clay
1 bowl sketch
1 water

When this skill gets trivial at 102 switch to making Medium Bowls:

103-122
1 medium bowl sketch
1 block of clay
1 water

Oneiromancer

You do need to have good faction with Frundle in order to get the Velium Purifier.  I didn't know about that until I actually tried to do the quest, hehe.  It seemed to take a good 50 or so giants/wolves to get faction to the right level, but I am really just guessing.

Game on,

The Oneiromancer
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Vahaus Warder

Not if your a Vah Shir, you can just shrink, and sneak behind her.

hughman

There is a series of Quests you can do in Abysmal Sea that will get you to 50 ish in pottery.  That will get you started at least and save you soem plat on the process of skilling up.

Tenosh 65 bard, Tahnel 51 BL on Prexus

Jikaabx

lol You don't even have to shrink, just sneak behind her.