Main Menu

Showdown at Crystal Core

Started by Gutterr, September 09, 2009, 09:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gutterr

Quick question, not asking for strat, but one what wave do most guilds engage the boss on this event? 

Also, there are some rumors that the boss is vulnerable to piercing.  Any confirmation?

Thanks!

Latang

We usually engage on the 5th or 6th, depending on if someone screws up and kills a few people (like healer ninja afk'ing or something). If you have a couple of enc's to mez the adds, it doesn't really matter, but we had zero encs for months at a time there, so we just got used to waiting a while.

Didn't know about the piercing thing tho... curious to know about that too.

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

kharthai

The boss is weak to piercing, the number I hear thrown around is +50% damage from it.

Khauruk

We wait 'til wave 9 - just out of habit I think from when we first beat him.  My guild doesn't like to streamline strats once things are on farm.

We def. could go earlier, but /shrug.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Maylian

Wave 9 here as well, could probably go sooner though.

Hzath

Crystalline Tyranont: Damage modifiers  --- Backstab: +4.3% --- Claw: +1.3% --- Crush: +1.8% --- DirDmg: +0% --- Frenzy: +20.3% --- Hit: +8.4% --- Kick: +37.4% --- Pierce: +52.7% --- Punch: +11.7% --- Slash: +27% --- Strike: +0.4%

That's what GamParse says about our raid last night.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

jitathab

Engage when your ready, 4-9 works, normally do 5-6, it all depends on whether you can cope with adds or not.

wildwaters

maybe 3-5 is what we go at? We don't have any problems with dealing with the adds because we have decent enchanters and alot of good sks. As long as dps pays fluffendingleing attention then the adds die fast and we go back to the named. It's when they don't break off and dps the adds that it goes rough.

The more waves you do the longer between waves of adds on the named so it cna help to do more waves if A) you have poor CC or B) low dps.

jitathab

Where you stand also makes a differnce, BTFU means you only need one chanter, and dont stand where the adds spawn.

Kanan

chanter? beam roots ftw ;p

kills rangers that way too /cackle
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Kaldrimarr_Stromm

We engage after 8 normally;  logs show that being the biggest time between wave (unless I read logs wrong :P)