Main Menu

Bahgresh

Started by jitathab, February 04, 2009, 01:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jitathab

Looking for a couple pointers on this as the event seems to "bug" during the emote stage..

We are following the emotes around, killing a mob and then moving to next. Killing a mob in each camp within 30 seconds of the emote. Normally hitting pirests first, though have tried not hitting them first.

However a few things odd happens.
Ocassionaly a mob has a toon on target and just wanders around running off to the hills, the toon could FD or no t even have engaged the mob for it to get into that situation.
Mobs with half a raid hitting them, under the same emote become invlunerable and start running away.

We have killed the event once, but it wasnt pretty, and when bahgresh died, the chest spawned, we opened chest and event collapsed. On the win Bahgresh spawned while several aneuks were up.

Any pointers on whether the event is just bugged or not?

Kanan

Quote from: jitathab on February 04, 2009, 01:51:51 PM
We have killed the event once, but it wasnt pretty, and when bahgresh died, the chest spawned, we opened chest and event collapsed. On the win Bahgresh spawned while several aneuks were up.

Any pointers on whether the event is just bugged or not?

/chuckle.. same thing happened to us.  RL yoinked all the loot & petitioned to get it assigned where it belonged.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Khauruk

I wish we had time to get loots (none of hte looters could drop agro) from the chest our first win.  Seems to be a very common problem.

I just hope we don't do this fight again.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

jitathab

How many people need this raid for progression? Just a few or whole guild?

jitathab

Killed the priests, allegedly this stops the ageing effect, it doesnt.
Killed to the emotes, didnt stop the ageing effect.

The only thing that seems to work is killing priests and kiting everything else..

Orbus1

Pain in the ass getting hit with the invisible mobs after you win, it definitely makes it a pain to loot from the chest.

kindarring2

We have never had a problem with this... So not sure what to say. We kill everything and never kite /shrug...... WE KILL THE BEARS ALSO :)
Gimpbstlord  dam i need to update

Kindo dam i need to update

wildwaters

Can anyone give me a general start for how to win this event? we have been having some difficulty with this ourselves and I would like to compare our madness to other guilds methods >.<
   Last night we did better than ever with some mem blurring and running around.

-wild

Khauruk

Kill stuff.  Follow emotes.  Kill stuff.  Repeat until win.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

jitathab

Actually I have been suggested a new strat...

Mostly kill stuff then ignore, kill stuff ignoring emotes. Kill stuff.

Khauruk

When we ignored emotes, bad stuff happened.  But, we also were learning it w/o the benefit of any crystallos gear, so it wasn't really zergable.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Latang

We killed it the way it was supposed to be done (i think), and had zero bug issues. ie. No leashing mobs, no ignoring mobs, nothing. 2 tanks on the kyvs, groups set up to hold at each emote direction when the next emote happens etc.  Only drama was something agro afterwards preventing looting for some people. Bummer was, no-one wanted the loot. The bow rotted for gods sake.

I know some ppl will say "it's only hard if your strat sucks", fine then, pm me what bug/sploit u use for NOT doing it that way. Since if you have agro from ritualists and run, they think you are "kiting" and leash then just start aging the combatants whether you run back and agro them or not.

Stupid raid leader.. (me) .. decided to do the most obvious way based on the emotes and messages. Am I missing something?

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

jitathab

Once a camp is agroed, you have to keep all the mobs busy in it via a method that doesnt tether them, and thats the secret. You dont need to agro a camp until it says go hit it.

If you kite the mobs, they will not really tether but cause all sorts of really odd bugs, like bahgresh spawning before aneuks dead.

This is what Ive been told anyway.

wildwaters

This look about right?

Basically there are three parts to the raid:

1) the kyv
2) the aneuk priests
3) the General Bahgresh himself

Upon zoning in the raid moves west and three named kyv spawn. It is my understanding they don't necessarily have to die immediately. I can't confirm or deny that as it has been to long to remember.

The aneuk's spawn in four locations n/w, s/w, n/e, s/e of the kyv spawn point after 8 minutes from the raid engaging the kyv.

Shortly after the aneuks spawn they begin to emote:

A dark energy begins to build to the southwest of the combatants. (can be any of the four directions)

This is where people get stuck. There seems to be a basic precept that all guilds base thier strat upon. Basically it was summed up by jitathab  on the beastlord site:

"Once a camp is agroed, you have to keep all the mobs busy in it via a method that doesnt tether them, and thats the secret. You dont need to agro a camp until it says go hit it."

Our best bet for this strat is very simple. We divide the raid into '3 teams' if you will.

Team 1 should consist of a good solid tank or two and a couple healers to keep the kyvs busy.

Team 2 should consist of the bulk of the raid and dps, this team moves to each aneuk camp as the emotes go off and burns the aneuk down. This team STAYS in each camp until all of teh aneuk are dead.

Team 3 should contain a few tanks and some healers. While Team 2 is burning down the aneuk if an emote goes off Team 3 can immediately go and aggro the next camp. Team 3 must grab and maintain aggro on all camps that we recieve an emote from until the raid has burned them down. It is imperative that YOU DO NOT LEASH the aneuk. They are not to be pulled anywhere or kited.

Overview:

1) The raid buffs and zones into the instance
2) The raid moves west and engages the kyv
3) Once the aneuk spawn and the emotes go off the raid burns down each camp of aneuk in the order in which they emote while a small group of the raid maintains aggro on each new camp that emotes.
4) The aneuk phase is completed and general bahgresh spawns. We burn him down and get loot.
4B) I am not sure if the kyv despawn or not after the general is dead or what so we may have to kill them before or after the general /shrug

Latang

The way we figured out how to do it is :
1) Buff then zone in
2) run west to start it,get kyv's tanked with a coupla wars/sk's
3) ppl hang round, kill any roaming animals, play /rand games, laugh, poke fun at rangers for 7 minutes after the event starts
4) at 7 minute mark, some idiot spams "MOVE TO SPOT" about 30 times until all melee stop jerking off and move to the pop location of 1 set of auneks
5) Casters outa dot range, melee obv. in melee range, and burn on the group as soon as they pop, priest then ritualist
6) first emote, run in that direction  and dps the crap outa it (discing hard)  making sure 1 group stay at first location until it's all dead
7) same as 6, sub in "second" for first.
8.) etc...

Stuff dps'ing on the assassins, they don't matter at all. Some of our guys do it cause otherwise they are too bored and go off to watch tv or something.

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>