Main Menu

Which Weapon Mainhand @ 85? A primer on weapon delay/damage bonus

Started by Khauruk, February 04, 2009, 11:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rnan

hello ppl

Is there a better weapon than the FSPF that is groupable?
Anything from UF that is better ?

I cant help but look at the FSPF and the stats look so weak.
When does Hp and atk and all the other come into effect?

Thanks for any help

Rnan

Nusa

Is there a better weapon than the FSPF that is groupable? Yes.

Anything from UF that is better ? Yes.

I cant help but look at the FSPF and the stats look so weak. On weapons, only look at item's ability to deal damage. Other stats are nice, but they're not the point of weapons...you can get those stats on other items. For the FSPF, it's the pet proc that increases it's value so much, not the ratio. Note that the value of procs is NOT the point of this thread.

When does Hp and atk and all the other come into effect? It usually doesn't, unless you have two weapons that virtually of the same value combat-wise.

Rnan

hello Nusa

can you throw me a bone as to what weapon i might be looking for
to replace the FSPF ?

Thanks
Rnan

Nusa

No recommendations, as I'm raid-geared, but I'd start here:

http://raidloot.com/Search.aspx
Select Class=Beastlord, Type=Weapon_1H, Source=Group, Order=WeaponRatio. Click Search.

Kanan

When I look at a weapon, ratio and then procs are the only considerations I give for whether or not to use it.  Anything else is pure gravy.

If I could get a 150/10 weapon with 0 other stats, I'd jump all over dat, vs a 20/20 with 10k hps.

yes, these are extreme examples, but I hope it further illustrates the point of the exercise.  GENERALLY, ratio is king (in some few, far rarer cases, there is sufficient proc dps to compensate for the poor ratio)
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar