Previous topic - Next topic

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Inphared on February 10, 2009, 11:45:36 PM
I realize this is a wishlist, but...
If you want feign death... roll a monk.

Or....
Roll a Beastlord who is 1/2 Monk  :-o

I doubt we would ever see this for our class but "this is a wishlist."

Slow - As of SoD, I would say its officially on its last breath.  Tanks can now succesfully tank everything I've seen thrown at them but named w/out slow in a DPS oriented group.  Something that needs to be looked at cause their are a few classes that don't have a DPS tag and therefore are losing groupability.

AA's I wish for  :mrgreen: :
AA Deagro - no damage, no frills, just plain de-agro on a 1 sec cast, 12 sec cool down.  Or possible a buff like rangers Jolt buff.  That way its random and we have a better chance of getting it.

2HB AA - Long overdue, was hoping for this one with SoD, even put it on the wish list way back then.

AA Kick - Read my reply to the post of Inph. above (We are 1/2 monks) yet the only thing we got from them was their armour Penalty (Leather has less AC than Chain), the ability to use H2H weapons (This is a bonus only cause we only have to compete with one other class), and the ability to duel weild and "kick."  I think are Defensive/Offensive Disc was based off of theirs but I don't feel confident in saying it was as I haven't done the research.  Unless Feral Swipe is supposed to be are "improved kick, i.e. a monks Dragon's Punch", but they are not on the same timer...so...not really sure what to think.  Give us Round House Kick or Flying Kick so we are more Monk'ish

AA Illusion - Similiar to Druid White Wolf and Black Wolf AA in concept.  Use the Werewolf illusion (prefer our warder but I know they like to copy and paste as munch as possible even with a whole year to prepare for an expansion) with 2 different color's, black, white, grey, brown, and gold brown are all possibilities.  What the benefits are for each color could be up to debate.  Mabye one lets are spells land for more damage while being harder to resist while decreasing our physical damage while the opposite form does the reverse.  So Black form would do 100% more spell damage while decreasing physical damage we deal by 50% and White form allows us to do 100% more Physical Damage while decreasing spell damage by 50% and easier to resist.  ***Percentages are completely made up and abilities are also.  Used for example of meaning ONLY***

In all honesty, this last go around for AA's was excellent.  With the exception of 3rd Spire, we did really well AA wise.  With the next expansion removing slow's usefullness even more or finally "putting the last nail in the coffin" for it, I think the AA's and spells we need, need to address these issue's.  GBA was a nice step in that direction as was Foucused Paragon two expansions ago.  We need to continue to be able to market are group desirability while maintaining our DPS role inside groups and raids.
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

jitathab

I dont wish for FD

Im looking for

Tank a bit better
Warder tank very much better
Unlink nukes
REduce cast time on pet CH to 10 seconds

Karve

Endurance regen spell/aa would be awesome, we used to have a spell, invigorate(?) reduce stamina loss... convert this to endurance and limit it to Bst .. give us something original ;)

Like FPoS with several tiers in fact, instead of HP/Mana, make it HP/End and on the same recast timer as FPoS - Focused Paragon of Life ?. Afterall if we can keep the casters up, why not the tanks too?

Professional Mad Bastard.

Jazzera

self cure AA, a lesser version of Purification would be nice

Flurry AA, even bards got it

upgrade 2nd Spire to increase the efficienty of it, atm dps add is laughable, add +100% dmg mod on pet dmg or something

upgrade 3rd spire atm effect is laughable vs shaman 3rd spire and tbh i dont even know if the stacking issue is fixed ( add another nice effect like "Increase Critical Hits Damage modifier for All Skills" or "Chance to Critical Hit by x% with All Skills")

a Def disc AA which would be on a par with ranger WS

Slow AA

Endurance regen on Paragon lines

Twincast AA (which is pretty weak vs Twincast spell anyway, so would be fair to get it)

upgrade to Group Bestial Alignement (increase dmg mod or add another nice effect like "Increase Critical Hits Damage modifier for All Skills" or "Chance to Critical Hit by x% with All Skills")

more Hastened feral attacks

more Hastened paragon/focused paragon

jitathab

Allegedly spires should provide the same DPS increase, if our does not it needs to be bugged.

Dilgartownguard

Our first spire needs to be changed again then. It has a lower benefit then the ranger one that does the same thing, yet we swing less then they do which results in even lower dps gained from it.

Tiroon

• AA slow
  • Second ranks to lev and invis AA's to have them targetable
  • More ranks to Sinister Strike (and a bit more meaningful than SS)
  • Tactical Mastery
  • AA's to increase pet running speed
  • Vanilla upgrades to existing abilities
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Dilgartownguard

Pet illusions so my warder will stop freezing.

Orbus1

A new slow would be nice

An extension to our defensive disc

Tracking, we are Beastlords, one with nature and all that

Along the same lines as the above..one with nature and all, how about a way to maybe control X number of BEASTS in a zone, or call them to help DPS for X amount of time?

Obviously all the normal ones we get..Paragon extension, and such.

A heal type AA for ourselves similar to our Replenish Companion.

Make our invis either groupable or at least tagetable casting.

....Will add as I think of stuff.

Sharrien

Quote from: Jazzera on February 11, 2009, 11:07:19 AM
self cure AA, a lesser version of Purification would be nice

We could use a self-cure AA that includes corruption and curse.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

wildwaters

Quote from: Tiroon on February 12, 2009, 02:01:44 AM

• AA slow
  • Second ranks to lev and invis AA's to have them targetable

Maybe second rank should make them a group spell instead of targetable.

I would like to see an endurance regen on paragon.

More triple attack >.<

Grbage

Here's the problem with asking for more triple attack, flurry aa's, tactical mastery aa's, or any other aa/ability to increase dps. If the devs give us those aa's the pet will staganate even more.

The devs are looking at our overall dps and most of you have to admit it is pretty good. The problem is they have been increasing our personal dps a lot over the last few expansions and this is why I suspect the pets has been stagnated during the same time. So the question as a class we have to ask ourselves:

Do we want a viable pet or not?

If the answer is "Yes" then start asking for aa/abilities to boost the pet back up and let your personal dps stagnate because that is what it is going to take.

If the answer is "No" then better start pushing to turn us into a secondary pet class along with sk's, unlink our spells/disc from pets and make it a low hp dot. Nice to have but not neccessary.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

wildwaters

"The devs are looking at our overall dps and most of you have to admit it is pretty good. The problem is they have been increasing our personal dps a lot over the last few expansions and this is why I suspect the pets has been stagnated during the same time."

Doesn't bother me too much. I don;t think they should unlink us but I don't think our pet 'stagnating' is a huge issue to myself.

Either more personal dps or more pet dps aa's eitehr way I don't really care so much so long as its another nice boost in our dps >.<

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Grbage on February 12, 2009, 04:26:22 PM
Here's the problem with asking for more triple attack, flurry aa's, tactical mastery aa's, or any other aa/ability to increase dps. If the devs give us those aa's the pet will staganate even more.

The devs are looking at our overall dps and most of you have to admit it is pretty good. The problem is they have been increasing our personal dps a lot over the last few expansions and this is why I suspect the pets has been stagnated during the same time. So the question as a class we have to ask ourselves:

Do we want a viable pet or not?

If the answer is "Yes" then start asking for aa/abilities to boost the pet back up and let your personal dps stagnate because that is what it is going to take.

If the answer is "No" then better start pushing to turn us into a secondary pet class along with sk's, unlink our spells/disc from pets and make it a low hp dot. Nice to have but not neccessary.

The problem is, if the pet doesn't survive, it doesn't do DPS.  At one time our Pets DPS was 80% of a mages earth pet(was it really this high?).  This caused alot of friction between the two classes and caused the community to sacrifice pet DPS for personal DPS.  Fast forward to today and are pet DPS has fallen even further while our personal DPS makes up for the lost DPS in our pet.  It bothers many people (for variose reasons) but the fact remains I doubt you will see a reversal of are DPS stagnating and are pets DPS increasing because a dead pet provides no DPS.  You increase our pets DPS by say 40% (just using numers here) and are personal DPS by 10% (again using random numbers) and the mage community only gets a 20% increase in pet DPS and 30% personal DPS boost, it is very possible some in the mage community will cry foul that our pets received such a great boost (coming closer to theirs) even though both classes recieved the same amount of DPS boost overall for said expansion.  That doesn't even take into consideration that on raids, our pets do less DPS due to many factors including level difference and survivability.  I hate that our pets have become not munch more than DoT's but the other option isn't acceptable to me.  Increasing Necro and BST Pet Defensive and /or HP capabilities by 200% or more so they can survive seems like a better option.  It allows the Mage to keep their pets as "kings" but allows us to use our pets also in all phases of the game.

In all.....It shouldn't be a competition but it is!

**** Back to the Subject ****
Spirit of the Wood AA (well whatever the shaman equivalent is)
Totem of the "X" AA
*X = Bear, Cat, Crockadile, Wolf, Scaled Wolf. 
Bear Increase Minimum Damage. Bear would just make it so group DPS isn't so spikey on short fights.  
Cat Increases Dodge/Block Skill.  Cat can be used as a Defensive "Disc" for those in the Totems AoE
Crock Increase chance to Flurry.  Crock would could make it so that we are placed in Mellee DPS groups.
Wolf Increase Haste v3.  Low on Bards in a raid?  UTILITY!
Scaled Wolf Decrease Mob resists to Ice and Poison by -100.  Scaled Wolf allows a Debuff to get placed on the mob that doesn't directly transfer onto the PC in hate, and would probally be the least useful of the 5 except in certain situations.  Shammy already have an ability similiar to this in their lvl 55 PoR Trap (and possibly the level 70 upgrade?) but this would be persistant for say 3 tic's, long enouph to get something more permanent on the mob.

Each of these AA's would be useful, and as a Totem they can be destroyed with NPC's AoE's (thats my understanding at least) and gives us utility in a group and raid.  The Totems would probally have to be linked to prevent abuse and only affect those in group.
AA Cure - I feel bad for asking for this only cause we finally got AA invis.  But we do have Cure Poison and Cure Desease spell line so asking for an AA that ties in both spell's would be nice.  I 20th the motion (Not really sure how many times its been requested so far in the last 3+ years).
AA Vie - Self only, Like the Cleric's Vie Line absorbing a % of all mellee hits against for so munch.    We take damage from "slow hate" so we may as well have a way to shrug off some damage while the tank regains agro  :roll:  Its a wish, a dream, call it as you will, its on my wishlist and Santug will bring it :-P
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

bullett-tunare

endurance regen added to paragons