Main Menu

Wishlist 2009 AA

Started by Tadenea, February 10, 2009, 02:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nicknacks

I Wholeheartedly agree with the endurance regen - shouldn't be too hard to pop that ontop of paragon and focussed.
Slow AA seems like a bad idea since slow is mitigated sooo much these days and we have 2 slows that work just fine anyway
I'm not so fussed on the whole warder DPS debate since as some have pointed out our overall is decent, but I DO care about it surviving long enough to do some DPS, so some boosts in that area would be good but I don't think we should have to spend AA to do so, I think that's more of an issue with it's base design.
I do however care about my ability to tank - as SoF came out I could do quite well against named mobs with just my boxxed cleric, but T3+ named now hitting for 4.5K or thereabouts hurts like hell - 2 T3 mercs, one on balanced, one on efficient and my boxxed cleric have a hard time keeping me up against FoS named mobs.  Maybe a new tanking disk, shield block is a great idea, though with me not dual wielding my DPS lowers, and the sucky pet DPS begins to play more of a role.
So .. how about ..

• Add End regen to Paragon
  • Give us a new tanking disc
  • Give us shield block

Adruger

With our personal DPS going up I am fine with the pet not being a lot of DPS, but I agree he needs survivability work.  Growl and Empathic are worthless if he doesn't live long enough for me to use them.  It is sad that as a pet class so little of our DPS comes from the pet, but I would actually prefer that we get more of it, that way on events where they restrict pet use I don't lose as much, but I still like having him around, I am not much of a lord of the beast if I never bother to use a pet.

Tadenea

I compiled the info we have so far
will do another compile by next weekend and then for last week in February I would like to maybe have people rank these high/Mid/low demand

how about this for a possible new AA
Beastily Sacrifice = (innate) when a beastlord is about to die, there warder gives his life to there master, giving beastlord 5-10k HP +6sec DA, each rank increases chance it will happen
I am not a beastlord so if people don't like it I wont add it
SoE Community Leader
Ranger of Test Server

Vidyne

I'd like for gorilla smash and the other deaggro abilities to be increased in power or have their reuse shortened by a hastened AA.
Endurance regen would be nice on paragon but doubtful.
Wouldn't mind a self cure for curse/poison/disease, since I doubt we are getting a curse cure to keep up with rangers.

Quote from: AbyssalMage on February 12, 2009, 08:10:33 PM
The problem is, if the pet doesn't survive, it doesn't do DPS.  At one time our Pets DPS was 80% of a mages earth pet(was it really this high?).  This caused alot of friction between the two classes and caused the community to sacrifice pet DPS for personal DPS.  Fast forward to today and are pet DPS has fallen even further while our personal DPS makes up for the lost DPS in our pet.  It bothers many people (for variose reasons) but the fact remains I doubt you will see a reversal of are DPS stagnating and are pets DPS increasing because a dead pet provides no DPS.  You increase our pets DPS by say 40% (just using numers here) and are personal DPS by 10% (again using random numbers) and the mage community only gets a 20% increase in pet DPS and 30% personal DPS boost, it is very possible some in the mage community will cry foul that our pets received such a great boost (coming closer to theirs) even though both classes recieved the same amount of DPS boost overall for said expansion.  That doesn't even take into consideration that on raids, our pets do less DPS due to many factors including level difference and survivability.  I hate that our pets have become not munch more than DoT's but the other option isn't acceptable to me.  Increasing Necro and BST Pet Defensive and /or HP capabilities by 200% or more so they can survive seems like a better option.  It allows the Mage to keep their pets as "kings" but allows us to use our pets also in all phases of the game.

+20% mage pet = 505dps to 606dps(next exp)
+40% bst pet = 210dps to 294dps(next exp)
If mages complain about that...
but talking about that will derail this topic, so I'll stop right there.

Latang

Oh gods. PLEASE remove the "FD" aa thing from the compile. It is totally moronic and will get us laughed at and the list disregarded. We don't need FD, you would not BELIEVE the whining that would happen if we posted that list where a monk could see it.

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

Khauruk

Dev's will ignore FD stuff anyways, so no need to even mention it or remove it :)
TURNCOAT!!!!!

bullett-tunare

FD for beast would be awesome but its just silly to think that it would be considered

our pets mitigating some of our damage would work. Like an AA that makes them take a percentage of damage (if they are right next to us) for us.

LET US NAME OUR PETS!!!!!! (so and so's warder sounds so generic) like an AA that if we have a certain amount of pet AAs done we can name our pet.

and I am an ogre beast I would like to be able to use my unshrunk pet as a mount (I know that wont fly)

Orbus1

QuoteBeastily Sacrifice = (innate) when a beastlord is about to die, there warder gives his life to there master, giving beastlord 5-10k HP +6sec DA, each rank increases chance it will happen

I like this, similar to my suggestion about a self replenish companion...would have to be 10k or higher I think to be useful regular trash in some new zones and a lot of the named hit for 5k easy. I would pefer to see no DA and more hp.

Blarp

Would be nice but i really dont think it will happen. Warder only    Items.  spell forum. i know mages will bitch. but if they can only go to our pets then whats the big deal as mages are assholes aboult it well mostly.  charge to much in baz or will not make em

Zunar

My Wishlist  :-) :

tanking disc/ maybe make pet /shield the owner 50% of all incoming damage for 2 mins, 25min reuse
endurance on paragon
group fero buff, or remove recast timer or heck make it an AA or even a group aura
make group 50% haste last an hour
give pet atk proc-buff a permanent timer
New spell pet, perhaps a very powerful, but short duration huge werewolf that hits for 10x more dps than the regular werewolf maybe, 30min reuse (would make forceful rejuvenation worthwhile, no?)

Catnip_Inny

Fero Aura would be sweet, its such a pain doing a group of melee but making the spell group would cause issues with MGB... AURA owns!

I really liked the pet shielding idea, to be used like a actually decent disc...  other classes get rip discs and weaponshield discs and they are hybrids so this wouldnt be outta line... (mages get a pet shielding spell or AA right?)

i know FD wont fly but we are half monks FFS... they gave rangers and rogues pulling power recently lol and they arnt even a monk hybrid.

Naming our pet doesnt really mean much to me but having the abilituy to have some versatility in pets or even a simple AA illusion to change its look might be cool.

Jazzera

QuoteI compiled the info we have so far
will do another compile by next weekend and then for last week in February I would like to maybe have people rank these high/Mid/low demand

imo > High demand : cure AA, endurance regen on paragons lines, upgrade to Group Bestial Alignement

QuoteBeastily Sacrifice = (innate) when a beastlord is about to die, there warder gives his life to there master, giving beastlord 5-10k HP +6sec DA, each rank increases chance it will happen

very nice i like it, would be very usefull in raid :) High demande imo !

Ty very much for the job you are doing Tadenea :)

sicshift

Quote from: Tadenea on February 14, 2009, 08:57:10 AM

how about this for a possible new AA
Beastily Sacrifice = (innate) when a beastlord is about to die, there warder gives his life to there master, giving beastlord 5-10k HP +6sec DA, each rank increases chance it will happen
I am not a beastlord so if people don't like it I wont add it

i would just like to say if this goes in, to reword it from "about to die" to "die"...meaning i dont want my pet dieing when i hit 10% or whatever and someones heal lands at teh same time. pet dies enough let alone random pet deaths due to the bst getting low on HP. when a mob purples the bst, then the chance for this to happen :)

Catnip_Inny

Id MUCH rather have an AA buyable disc that allows us to have pet shield us for 60 seconds 120 seconds whatever Sony will give us... having a survivablility disc/AA that lets BSTS solo a little more would be the best AA they could give us...

Give us a shielding disc or aA and forget the suicide pet idea.

Gamgan

Personally, I don't want want an AA slow, with the way slow mitigation has been increasing, it wouldn't surprise me to see slow immune trash mobs popping up in an expansion or two.  Besides which, all it would really gain is to free up a spell slot, and tbh, I don't really have any useful spell to fill that slot.

As for an FD ability?  The only real benefit I see from this ability is dropping our considerable spell aggro, but I would rather see a reliable jolt ability (one that actually drops way more aggro than it generates for a change)

As for what I would like to see...

• Instincts of the Beast - Immunity to strike through
Assuming SoE doesn't fix our mitigation to be able to take dmg at least as well as monks
  • 2rd rank to Pet Affinity - copies all targetable single target buffs casted on us to our pet
Since raid buffers mostly cast single target buffs, more often than not, pet goes unbuffed (and dies all that much faster) till next round of MGBs
  • 2nd rank to Companion's relocation - one that actually places the mob behind the mob
It may be a useful ability for mages, who don't have to see what they're casting to move the pet around, but as a melee class, this  AA is nearly useless as it is (unless tanking).

As for the already compiled list:

• new rank(s) to bestial alignment with increased dmg mod, and additional non-lame mod(s) (20% chance to resist spells?  Come on, is that the best we can get?), same applies to GBA <--- very high prio
  • A useful upgrade to Frenzy of Spirits[ <-- high prio
  • A few ranks of spell casting subtlety would be helpful <-- high prio
  • Agro reducing AA on a 10 sec or so timer. <-- high prio
  • self cure AA, a lesser version of Purification would be nice <-- high prio, this could be a spell similar to what rangers get too, but should be able to cure all 4 types of inflictions
  • Give us the exact same number of pet ranks as mages, no reason we have less. Should hold true for necros too. <-- high prio
  • System Shock - Poison resist debuff[ <-- moderate prio, could also make this an pb AE ability, since we have no way to tag multiple mobs