Main Menu

Krond

Started by Gutterr, February 26, 2009, 09:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gutterr

My guild is currently working on MMM and Krond is posing a problem for us.  From the research I and the rest of our raid team has done quite a few of the issues we are having were experienced by other guilds.  I've read both sides of pets on the event, we are currently trying it both ways. 

1) One issue is aggro, such that the following was claimed "if Krond hits anyone--even a pet--without the correct set of weapons in their hands he will go into perma flurry mode which is insta wipe".  Is this actually the case?  Also, how do we get him out of flurry mode or do we take the wipe and try again?

2) Positioning of the raid.  Does positioning the raid in front of the Henchotaurs prevent the silence by "blocking" them or should the RL dedicate a few groups to block them?

3) Is his wandering random, health based, or scripted in some other way?  I've read that having him behind the bed causes problems.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Dilgartownguard

He will eventually stop if someone tanks him with the correct weapons for long enough. Ranger using WS should be able to get him out of flurry mode. For henchotaurs you can do it either way, it's just easier if you have all the casters sitting in front of them because it increases the chance they'll stop by running into someone. His wandering seems to be completely random. One thing to watch for is Krond will go into flurry mode if a pet is at the top of the hate list, even if he doesn't have it targeted.

Latang

We have everyone but the MT, backup MT and healers in front of the hench's when he runs to the bed. The quicker you get them blocked, the faster you can get back to dps on Krond. Also the silence is such a pain n the ass, it's best to knock it on the head fast.

Also, isn't it just when he KILLS someone with the incorrect weapons? Our dps occasionally over taunts, but I haven't noticed any flurry activity after it.

Oh and I've never seen a pattern in his moving. Sometimes we can burn him to sub-50% before he moves, sometimes he's on the move by 85%.

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

Khauruk

Just have pet classes be smart and back off pets when he runs to weapon racks.  And don't have swarm/short term pets on him then if you can avoid it (esp. mage RS).  Flurry isn't permanent, and once your WARs have some MMM gear, won't be much of an issue.  Once you're farming it, dps overagroing will be main cause of flurries, not pets.

Henchotaurs:  I'd have all dps run in front of them...just get it over w/ fast.

Wandering:  Pretty random
TURNCOAT!!!!!

jitathab

Warders are 1hs 1hs anyway with right weapons, so can be used on certain combinations, I have seen tanks fall and pets succesfully get the emote.

When it move pet / raid hold till warrior get in place, the watch agro till it emotes. And dont forget, that the emote applies still when it moves back to the bed.

Moving around is very random.

Henchs, when emote comes just run at them and it will knockback people, these are very easy to deal with tbh, theres no real trick, just get bodies in the way.

Kanan

Quote from: Latang on February 26, 2009, 11:31:41 PM
Also, isn't it just when he KILLS someone with the incorrect weapons? Our dps occasionally over taunts, but I haven't noticed any flurry activity after it.

Nope.. get on agro with wrong weapon set, and he goes nuts.

Btw.. blur on flurry sequence ftw ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar