Main Menu

Bard+Beastlord+???

Started by Chaened, February 27, 2009, 05:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaened

Hey all, with mercs now a days I've been boxing a beastlord and a bard. I've gotta say, never had a smoother duo. With or without mercs (depending on content) I've been able to completely demolish anything I run across.

I have been thinking about adding a third box to all of this. Maybe something that'll allow me to take on named mobs a bit better. Been thinking about either a cleric (since they have the pwn solo, and extra DPS is only going to make that easier), a sk, or perhaps a Druid.

I've also given thought to a Mage, but I've never been able to do the robed guy thing.

So, yeah, if anybody has any suggestions I'd be glad to hear them. =)

Inphared

Chaened

I don't mean to be questioning or anything, but -why- shaman?  :mrgreen:

I'm just curious as to the method behind the madness so to speak (and I am giving full consideration to shaman as well)

Hmm, I'm babling. Okay, I know your suggestion, I'm just curious as to the reason for the suggestion?

God, I'm horrible at portraying meaning over the internet. You understand, I hope?

Khauruk

If you're gonna use merc tank, or end up w/ top end group/raid gear on your BST (not tanked by you), a shaman will do you wonders.  Constant HoTs (mercs don't like to HoT much on reactive), Lynx line plus champion plus DoTs, Malos debuffs, better slow, Unity line (which boosts melee damage nicely through Mammoth's Strength)...they're still great for boxing.  Their direct dps though isn't that much, and I'm not sure how they'd add up compared to a pure dps class if survivability isn't your issue.

Along the dps lines though, a mage, wiz, or necro will do wonderfully (in that order imo, to account for backup tank in the mage).  Druid would also not be bad considering their added utility.

A Warrior or Shadowknight would do nicely in the third slot as well, and give you a controlled tanking experience (will take a lot to AA them really well, of course - gear's easier w/ Elegant/Sublime armor and prolific AC augs to ramp it up to SoD content).
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Praxxis

Well, my answer will be a little biased being that I currently box a wizard with my Bst.  The dmg output is crazy.  Plus with the wizard's insta-cast nukes, it makes quick burning in emergancy cases when cleric merc is running low on mana a lifesaver sometimes.  Not to mention evacs on bad pulls and the ease of travel.  The only issues I run into is splitting mobs, but since you already have the bard, you've got that covered :)

Damim

I also box a wizard (unless the wife decides to play her toon that day  :-P).  I box a cleric as well typically, but have recently considered boxing a monk or ranger (for pulling ability).  You definitely can't go wrong with a wizard.  I typically have to press like 4 buttons per fight (except on named) and the rest of the time i can concentrate on holding aggro.

Inphared

Quote from: Chaened on February 27, 2009, 07:51:20 PM
I don't mean to be questioning or anything, but -why- shaman?  :mrgreen:

The utility is something you're not going to beat. Buffs, debuffs, decent DPS, and groupable utility via lynx, champion, and 2.0.

I lubs dem.

Gutterr

I box a mage with the bst/bard combo.  CoH is nice to have and I don't think it was mentioned.  The rest has been said.

nedoirah

I like using a mage for the utility they provide. My mage does a modest amount of dps for not having any aa.

kleeb

I went Bst Bard Shaman 2 Cleric mercs and 1 Tank i have alot of fun

nedoirah

Quote from: nedoirah on March 08, 2009, 01:52:59 AM
I like using a mage for the utility they provide. My mage does a modest amount of dps for not having any aa.

I've dropped the mage and choose a wizard for nukes and ports. I've also dropped my cleric in favor of my new shaman and a t5 cleric merc. Now I run a bst shaman wiz combo.

85 bst w/ t5 cleric merc
81 shaman w/ t5 tank merc
70 wizard w/ t1 cleric merc