Main Menu

Bst. AA guide

Started by Zuran, March 01, 2009, 04:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zuran

I know that their is a aa guide in here but not what im looking for... I'm looking for an AA guild per/level. Like which aa's to get at or by a certain level. That would be very helpful to me since i have asked around and have gotten like 12 differant ways to spend my aa's. so i thought i would ask if their is a compiled aa list spending guild ?

Nusa

No such thing. Some AA's you have to be a certain level to get, or have prerequisites, but you can find that info on the AA tab in-game. When you level and when you AA first is up to the individual to decide. Too many different situations to generalize into a guide.

Best guides you're going to find are which AA's are more important to get first.

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Zuran on March 01, 2009, 04:17:18 PM
I know that their is a aa guide in here but not what im looking for... I'm looking for an AA guild per/level. Like which aa's to get at or by a certain level. That would be very helpful to me since i have asked around and have gotten like 12 differant ways to spend my aa's. so i thought i would ask if their is a compiled aa list spending guild ?

The only guide anyone can agree on is that AA's are good  :lol:  What AA's are essential can basically be derived from the ones you see people suggest over and over.  I would say don't pass level 75 with out a couple hundred AA's but I also meet BST's who are 80 or 85 and only have 70 AA's or so.  When to stop....?  It's kinda like asking, "What came first, the chicken or the egg?"  BTW, it was the egg, but thats from a purely analytical stand point  :-P
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Latang

I don't get why ppl rush to 85 with sfa aa's. Basically what they are saying is "I don't care if I totally suck when I get to max level, I'll just let everyone else pick up my slack. Just let me loot Dire Cestii thx".

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

Maylian

Its the perception that level is greater than all. For the most part I believe in that but after coming back from a 1 year sabatical I'm in the position that I'm still only 84 after 4 weeks back, mainly because of the busy raiding / flagging schedule and limited off raid playtimes. But I find that people will generally pick an 85 character over me, despite my generally better gear and decent AA count. So I can see the advantage of getting to 85 Latang.

Nusa

A while back, level first and AA second was sound advice, unless you had another reason not to level. At that time AA experience wasn't scaled to your level, which meant the higher level you were the faster you could earn AA's. As the level cap increased, that truth became even more pronounced. I'd guess that had a lot to do with why AA experience was revamped to scale with your level.

Latang

My issue is with power levelled chars. People that say "wow I'm cool, lvl 85 in 3 days, yay! Time to head to FoS and get some essences from grouping", get a group cause they are 85, then get totally pasted if an extra mob comes into camp and they get agro. Makes beastlords look bad (ok, any class look bad). If they had stopped at 60 then 71 then 76 then 80 etc for getting the essential aa's when you can get them from mobs that don't hit like potime/elemental bosses, they would a) know their classes a LOT more when it will count, and b) not be completely unable to do anything except mediocre dps (no matter what weapon) in groups.

kindarring2

Like 6 years ago it was better to get maxed level then go aa's for a beast. But for a tank class that was useless (needed def). Now a days its better to get some aa's along the way. I think if I was leveling now I think I would go to end expan points then aa'. So 60 then get aa's then 65 then get aa's 70 ect ect ect.
Gimpbstlord  dam i need to update

Kindo dam i need to update

Kanan

My input on this one: I will ignore anyone lfg who isn't 85.  1) they are 100% guaranteed to lack spells that I probably expect to have (while I may not keep track of what level other's spells are, I have certain expectations).

Finding a group at 85 is generally far easier than finding a group below 85.  AA count is an unknown factor when looking on the lfg tool or /ooc'ing for a group.  Level is obviously simpler to do.

Yeah, a character with 1k aa at 84 is extraordinarily more powerful than an 85 toon with maxed skills and 0 AAs, but try to find a group to do some of that farming w/o 85 ain't as simple.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Nusa

Quote from: kindarring2 on March 04, 2009, 12:59:31 PM
Like 6 years ago it was better to get maxed level then go aa's for a beast. But for a tank class that was useless (needed def). Now a days its better to get some aa's along the way. I think if I was leveling now I think I would go to end expan points then aa'. So 60 then get aa's then 65 then get aa's 70 ect ect ect.

The AA revamp in late 2006, a month or so after the max level went to 75 with the TSS expansion. That was less than 3 years ago. Your point about tanks needing some of the defense AA's to function is quite valid, however!

Latang

I'm playing a zerker atm (beastlord temporarily frustrating - not as a class, just as a role in guild) and I'm still aa'ing at 720 spent aa's at level 71. It is SO much easier to get aa's at low levels. If you are dead set against solo/molo then I can understand wanting levels first. If not, there is a lot of joy to be had in hitting up pofire for aa's.

YMMV of course.

jitathab

level is not everything, 83 is much better for solo AA than 85. Also if you get to 85 with no AA you will be very weak, and less likely to get pick-up with same peeps. Get 500 AA or so.

Maylian

Exactly and to be honest whilst I'm still 84 I would say that I would be a better choice than about 90% of any other beastlord on AB and  many other servers. But I guess I'm the exception and not the norm.

Nekokirei

Hrm.  I always thought if you found an AA that was really gonna fit your style, and you were at level with a really good AA spot, then go ahead and grind some AAs.  Before my own hiatus, GE was a hotzone and it seemed like they were handing out dbl exp days every time I logged in.  So, at the time, being at that sweet spot level where GE was an easy button mashing AA grind even without hotzone/dbl xp, I had a field day.  And back then I would've suggested make sure to get CA, etc.  The way the game has changed now, I couldn't say what to get/not get after my absence.

Hell, I was /boggle at the 1/19 ulak in the bazaar until Cam and Brane put me right.
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Khauruk

For most classes, lvl85 is an inefficient time to work on AAs.  The best solo spots for melee-soloers are very old zones from when lvl70 and 75 were the caps.  Next expansion at lvl90 that will be much worse again (unless average dps jumps greatly), as TBS/SoF zones will be required for grinding.

I would stop at ~lvl60, ~65, and ~71 at least to grind out some AAs before getting to 85.  They're just too hard to efficiently work on at 85 in most circumstances.
TURNCOAT!!!!!