Main Menu

Spell/Disc Wishlist 2009

Started by Tadenea, March 04, 2009, 06:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildwaters

/em chuckles

A little anecdote:

We didn't use pets on krond for awhile  because some people didnt understand the event (we had been in crystallos for sometime before we were allowed to use them again [mostly do to some edu-mah-cation on my part I like to think]). Anyhow, the night we were allowed to use pets again on him we had one of our fastest kills on him that I had seen up to that point.

If you add up all the dps from all the pets (beast, mage necro etc) and the fact that your pet recieves group spells cast on you which can enhance its dps then you end up with some good numbers that would be STUPID to drop.

Smobon

1. Fero needs to become group aura/buff. If it is not made groupable, remove it entirely from upgrades because it is becoming more and more useless.

2. Upgrade our Cripple line. ITS there, IT needs to be used now to help us out.

3. Upgrade our Heals. OUR personal heals, we need to see 4k minimum.

4. Upgrade our Slow. Give us a SELF-CASTING slow, not a pet proc slow, that would be termed an upgrade to our old one (and I mean old by our lvl 65 slow)

5. Upgrade our Focus Line. Give us a STAT-OVER Cap to be more useful than in its current form.

6. Give us a new spell line. Give more AC and attack and like a little hp. To help staunch the tears from our fero line either gone or made into an aura.

7. Upgrade our Offensive Disc-That or give us a new one that we can use. I look at so many other classes that have 3-4 Offensive discs and really, we only have like 2? maybe 3 if you include GBA which needs upgraded.

8. A new Deaggro spell. We can generate so much aggro, but sometimes we want somebody else to tank, give us an 18 sec spell or even AA to help us lose aggro so whomever is needed to tank is tanking.

That is all I can think of right now. Half of that will need to be done at the very least to help beastlords out. Unless they come up with something new that we never thought of.

AbyssalMage

Not sure when the deadline for this is....Or who the person is who is going to submit them to Sony but I guess I'll add my 2 cents.

Quote from: Tadenea on March 04, 2009, 06:34:47 PM
which ones would you get rid of?

***Ferocity - Sony makes promises that it will be useful.  We've parsed it to show that what it does is pathetic except to the min/max raider.  They ask us how we want it improved.  They then ignore us.  Let the line die, or listen to us, those are the only OPTIONS!
***Recouse on our group haste - This should be a seperate spell line.  It can replace Ferocity this next expansion.  50% group Haste with a duration of 30 miinutes before extensions?  Then we can actually say we can cast a spell better than a potion  :-D  But then we may put Shaman out of buisness /sarcasm

...and what new spell/disc would you like added?

Buffs-
***Infusion of Spirit - Overcap Str, Sta and Dex.  We are part shaman we should be able to cast a buff that brings people over the cap when a Shaman isn't available.  Not even sure what a Shaman overcaps PC's at but 50-75% of their power seems reasonable when they aren't around.
***Streangth Buff - Druid's and Shaman have received the % increase to damage line (Mammoth Str. and the variouse upgrades).  Rangers and Beastlords should also recieve this line at a lower skill level (of course).
***Stamina - Heroic Stamina in a buff?  More overcapped Stamina increase that stacks with "IoS upgrade"?
***Dex Buff - I think this is a spell line thats basically disapeared in the Shaman's spell line up because of their "Focus" line.  Mabye bring it back for both of us with a % chance at crit's (Spell and/or Mellee).  I remember being told it increases a spells chance to Crit and swings chance to crit.  So giving a % increase to do this following the Mammoth Line would be great.

Disc's (New)-
***Defensive Disc - Allowing us to Riptose 75%-100% of the time would be great.  Guess it could be put on the same timer as our defensive Disc to prevent abuse but having them unlinked would be better.
***Offensive Disc - A Disc that allows us to Crit(Spell and/or Mellee) more, "Proc" more, and/or something else...That isn't linked to pet!

Spells-
***Cripple - With slow all but dead, we need an suitable upgrade in this expansion
***DeAggro - If we don't get a "pure" deaggro in the next expansion as an AA, a spell/Disc would be great on a 18 sec. refresh timer.

if all normal disc/spells were upgraded

I would like to see everything else not discussed above improved to coincide with the ammount of HP's the mobs have(Nukes, DoT's, Warder, ect...) and the DPS they are able to generate(Heals, Buffs, and Defensive Disc's).
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Tadenea

Quote from: AbyssalMage on March 30, 2009, 05:56:59 AM
Not sure when the deadline for this is....Or who the person is who is going to submit them to Sony but I guess I'll add my 2 cents.

Deadline is end of March the link to this thread has been posted in CL forums for dev, not really doing sorting or ranking for spell/disc like was done for AA's since there is soo few responses unlike AA requests, so link as been made for dev viewing pleasures
SoE Community Leader
Ranger of Test Server