Main Menu

Hobble of Spirits

Started by Mazame, March 08, 2009, 12:00:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mazame

ok I wanted to post here to find out if other enjoy HoS as much as I do.

I group with a Chanter / Sk / Pal / bst  as a stander and fill with who ever is LFG at the time.
We have been working on SoD void progression and armour and have started hitting alot more 85+ mobs. for those that don't already know most 85+ are not able to be snared.

How ever even when the SK / chanter are getting the msg that snare/root wont effect the mob my pets HoS is landing. At first we thought maybe it landing but not having any effect. but after testing it for a month now.  I like to say it is landing.

Mobs that run turn and stop.
Mobs to high for players to cast on them pet is landing.

So here my question. if Snare works  how about Slow? can we use the pet slow that currently waste of a spell slot to Slow mobs that couldn't be slowed before ?

Anyone know any mobs that are not slowable to test this on ?

Inphared

You are correct.

It has something to do with an NPC casting on an NPC. My guess: bugged.

If a mob is unslowable, I don't think slow will land - that might be different. But Hobble will definitely work.

Khauruk

Hobble is amazing nowadays.

Slow is different - it used to be that an NPC could slow another.  It could at least in early Velious, but was gone by the time I started playing.  At a minimum it was being 'sploited on Vindi in Kael.  You could charm a shaman giant and have that giant slow Vindi.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Orbus1

Ditto what Kha said, we have been utilizing Hobble on raids like we never did before, its nice to see our warder being useful in a much more noticeable way.

Camikazi

Quote from: Orbus1 on March 11, 2009, 07:31:28 PM
Ditto what Kha said, we have been utilizing Hobble on raids like we never did before, its nice to see our warder being useful in a much more noticeable way.

I don't expect it to last *that* much longer now, Rangers have figured it out and want to point it out to devs as a way for them to get a way to snare immune runners, which i see as them fixing HoS and not giving rangers anything leaving no way to stop those runners at all :P