Main Menu

A secret hidden in plain sight

Started by Praxxis, March 10, 2009, 05:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Praxxis

Hey all,

I've been trying to get through this mission, but wanted to know if there is an easy way through it.  The first part of looting the torn page drops.  I went into the North room where there are a few roamers and groups of 3-4 in each corner.  With my Bst/Wiz with Merc tank/healers.  I was able to burn 4-5 down, but by the time I was done, both me, merc, & wiz were also OOM.  What I found out is apparently 2-3 more adds would spawn and rush in immediately when I kill a mob or two in that room.  Is that intended?  If so, what strats are you guys using to get by this?

What I did was once I couldn't handle it anymore, I would evac and then run back to loot the pages.  I'm wondering though, when it comes to the later part of this quest, will I need to clear that entire room before spawning the named with the phrase?  Will I probably need help on that part to clear before respawns?

What are your experiences and/or thoughts on this?

Gutterr

The respawns are the nasty part of this mission.  I tried boxing it, but they spawned too fast.  I had to get help on this part.

Sharrien

When I did it I killed the roaming golem out in the hallway and then set up in the corner to the left when you walk in the room.  There's only like 1 mob that was in aggro range of that spot.  For the rest, I tagged with my beast and used CoH to split them where I had to, but most of the room were just single or double pulls.

For the last part, I set up in the very back kind of behind the altar on the right.  Many of the pulls are singles from there if you time the roamers.  Where there were three or more I used CoH splitting and kept killing until I had enough space to say the phrase and spawn Vaxztn without getting a ton of adds.

Did it all with my beast/mage duo and one cleric merc. Both toons have a mix of group and raid gear up to about TSS level with Spire Servant pet focus (at the time).
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Thorgador

This mission is very easy once you get the right spot :), I boxed this with my druid alt and a healer merc (tier IV) and it was quite straightforward.
The best place I found for the pages part is the north-east room, with the pillars in the middle. you get a few mobs in niches and a few in the middle of rooom, with the roaming golem stepping in now and then. Just set your camp in the south-east corner and all you have to do is kill golem first, then pull mobs in niches (many come single) and then the few mobs in room, wich come in pairs mostly. Once you are done with this part, the best place I have found for the Named spawning is setting camp just behind the altar, in one of the corners there (I stood in the north-west corner); you can go there taking the hidden tunnel that leads to the rear of the altar, if you go to the room with pillars, head north of that and you will eventually find the hidden tunnel in the wall.
Once you have set camp, pull both golems near altar, and then clear the circle where named spawns. Aggro range isnt huge so you should not get more than 3 mobs a time; once cleeared just path into circle (not invised) and say the phrase, go back to camp and pull named, that should come single if you cleared nearby mobs (not needed to clear all room at all).